News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

A Play? About Buses? In Birmingham?!

Started by CL, May 01, 2014, 04:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

I forgot about this until today. I'm not so keen on Theatre, never been, apart from School Trips, but this caught my eye in the newspaper yesterday:

It's about the Outer Circle Route, and rightfully enough, it's called 'Circles"

Here's to quote the REP:

"Circling the outskirts of Birmingham on the Number 11 bus, two teenagers develop an unlikely friendship. Meanwhile a mother observes her daughters attempt to leave a violent relationship. Against the backdrop of a changing city everyone involved is forced to re-examine all they thought they knew about love, trust, family and friendship."

http://birmingham-rep.co.uk/event/circles/
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Cheese

Not the first time there has been a play loosely based around a bus service, remember going to the REP a few years ago to see Ridin' the number 8 with Malcolm Boyden which was about the communities which the 8 served and stories from the past such as the Handsworth riots.  The prop used for the bus in this was at Aston Manor I seem to recall, don't know if this has survived or not?

'E-I-G-H-T, thats the bus for me' I think was the song used throughout the play.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk