News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Last journey you made on public transport

Started by Sh4318, April 14, 2014, 07:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 06, 2014, 12:28:10 AM
Quote from: Roy on July 05, 2014, 09:41:39 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on July 05, 2014, 07:37:24 AM
Quote from: Roy on July 04, 2014, 04:36:48 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on July 03, 2014, 09:25:11 PM
20:52 BMO - SGB. I was pleasantly surprised to hear Julie Berry announce Hartlebury as one of the calling stations. I didn't know Hartlebury gained evening services. Must have happened in the May timetable.

Yes, Hartlebury gained 3 M-F evening services and 2 on Sat in each direction from the May timetable.

That's great. Hopefully there's a Sunday service on it's way, even though I can't see it being more than 5 trains a day (as current Blakedown Sunday service)

London Midland have rejected a request to provide a 2-hourly Sunday service from the December timetable.  I think that the Stourbridge Line User Group are going to resubmit this request when Monday to Saturday figures are published showing an increase in footfall at Hartlebury.

Incidentally, London Midland have agreed to one extra train per hour in each direction (off-peak Monday to Saturday) at Hagley from December, reinstating through trains from there to Worcester.

@Roy that would be great for Hartlebury, it would receive the same level of service as Small Heath (2tph). Presumably the Whitlock's End terminators would need more time on journeys to call at Hartlebury, so hopefully the Worcester xx:51s to Whitlock's End, will be retimed to leave at xx:46 to allow time to call at Hartlebury. Hopefully Hartlebury will receive some form of a Sunday service by December

@Sh4318 You misunderstood me - by 2-hourly, I meant that a train every 2 hours.  That has been rejected by LM as not being cost-effective.  The proposal was to stop the hourly Worcester - Stratford Sunday service alternately at Hartlebury and Blakedown, giving each a train every 2 hours.  The Stourbridge Line User Group believes that this could be done as the timetables still allow the same running times as they were when run by Class 150's.  The 172's have greater acceleration which means that extra stops could be fitted into the existing schedule.  For instance, the extra off-peak Mon-Sat Hagley stop from December is achieved by reducing the wait time at Kidderminster.

Thus Hartlebury will not be getting a Sunday service from December 2014 - but the campaign to get one will continue, with success hopefully in 2015.  When you consider that Hartlebury only got off-peak services in December 2013 and evening services in May 2014, a lot has been achieved.  If the people of Hartlebury and Stourport support the services they have gained in the past 6 months, then not only is a Sunday service in the future a possibility, but also a half-hourly weekday off-peak service.

Sh4318

Quote from: Roy on July 06, 2014, 05:49:35 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on July 06, 2014, 12:28:10 AM
Quote from: Roy on July 05, 2014, 09:41:39 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on July 05, 2014, 07:37:24 AM
Quote from: Roy on July 04, 2014, 04:36:48 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on July 03, 2014, 09:25:11 PM
20:52 BMO - SGB. I was pleasantly surprised to hear Julie Berry announce Hartlebury as one of the calling stations. I didn't know Hartlebury gained evening services. Must have happened in the May timetable.

Yes, Hartlebury gained 3 M-F evening services and 2 on Sat in each direction from the May timetable.

That's great. Hopefully there's a Sunday service on it's way, even though I can't see it being more than 5 trains a day (as current Blakedown Sunday service)

London Midland have rejected a request to provide a 2-hourly Sunday service from the December timetable.  I think that the Stourbridge Line User Group are going to resubmit this request when Monday to Saturday figures are published showing an increase in footfall at Hartlebury.

Incidentally, London Midland have agreed to one extra train per hour in each direction (off-peak Monday to Saturday) at Hagley from December, reinstating through trains from there to Worcester.

@Roy that would be great for Hartlebury, it would receive the same level of service as Small Heath (2tph). Presumably the Whitlock's End terminators would need more time on journeys to call at Hartlebury, so hopefully the Worcester xx:51s to Whitlock's End, will be retimed to leave at xx:46 to allow time to call at Hartlebury. Hopefully Hartlebury will receive some form of a Sunday service by December

@Sh4318 You misunderstood me - by 2-hourly, I meant that a train every 2 hours.  That has been rejected by LM as not being cost-effective.  The proposal was to stop the hourly Worcester - Stratford Sunday service alternately at Hartlebury and Blakedown, giving each a train every 2 hours.  The Stourbridge Line User Group believes that this could be done as the timetables still allow the same running times as they were when run by Class 150's.  The 172's have greater acceleration which means that extra stops could be fitted into the existing schedule.  For instance, the extra off-peak Mon-Sat Hagley stop from December is achieved by reducing the wait time at Kidderminster.

Thus Hartlebury will not be getting a Sunday service from December 2014 - but the campaign to get one will continue, with success hopefully in 2015.  When you consider that Hartlebury only got off-peak services in December 2013 and evening services in May 2014, a lot has been achieved.  If the people of Hartlebury and Stourport support the services they have gained in the past 6 months, then not only is a Sunday service in the future a possibility, but also a half-hourly weekday off-peak service.

@Roy, oh yeah, I mistook Hartlebury for Hagley when you mentioned an extra weekday service, lol. I knew what you meant by 2 hourly (2tp2h) ;). I can't imagine people who Hagley station would've been best pleased to lose their direct service to Worcester. Will this mean Hagley will be 3 trains per hour from December in each direction, or will one of the Kidderminster terminators elude Hagley?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Roy

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 06, 2014, 06:03:08 PM
@Roy, oh yeah, I mistook Hartlebury for Hagley when you mentioned an extra weekday service, lol. I knew what you meant by 2 hourly (2tp2h) ;). I can't imagine people who Hagley station would've been best pleased to lose their direct service to Worcester. Will this mean Hagley will be 3 trains per hour from December in each direction, or will one of the Kidderminster terminators elude Hagley?

@Sh4318 Yes it means 3 tph off-peak Monday to Saturday.  Hagley are getting extra stops at xx12 (from 1012 to 1512) southbound, and at xx44 (from 1044 to 1444) northbound.  Details are at http://www.stourbridgelineusergroup.info/news%20and%20comment.html

Rob H

From Yesterday

Stagecoach South West Trident 18068 on Route 12 from Torquay to Paignton
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Sh4318

323203 20:49 Wolverhampton - Galton Bridge, very fitting that my journey started and began with a 323 today :)

Trident 4609

Currently on Finchfield Rd West heading into W'ton a rare working of 555 on the 3.

Tony

Does driving an empty coach count?

Currently at Lancaster services having my RTA break

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2014, 05:35:53 PM
Does driving an empty coach count?

Currently at Lancaster services having my RTA break

Are you driving up towards Scotland by any chance? Is it anything to do with the Commonwealth Games if so?

P419 EJW

Was on 1421 on WA 69 to Wolverhampton. (Didn't want to say I was on a crappy Trident (4604) on 529 to home. ;) )

trident4370

Sh4318

Been on my stalker train (323243) twice today, travelling between Smethwick and Birmingham

tphi12000

Tony

Rob H

My Fave E400 4900 'Jennifer' on the 09:35 900 from Brum to Sheldon
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station