News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Window Etching on Buses

Started by Trident 4609, March 27, 2014, 10:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

I have seen some bad etching on the windows of NX buses (Especially a couple of WB's 45** Gemini's I saw last week) but I have never seen a bus with etching as bad as this (In the West Midlands).

This is a photo of a Plaxton President in London

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yersinia/398104143/

I've seen some badly etched windows but not as bad as this!

Has anyone seen an NX bus with etching as bad as this?

Lukeee

Quote from: Nathan on March 27, 2014, 10:00:52 PM
I have seen some bad etching on the windows of NX buses (Especially a couple of WB's 45** Gemini's I saw last week) but I have never seen a bus with etching as bad as this (In the West Midlands).

Going back a few years now, I was on a Metrobus on the 7 and nearly every window had been tagged in yellow making it hard to see out off. Other than that have seen NX buses were that level of etchings is on some windows (often towards the rear of the upstairs), the ex - BC B7 ALX400's were pretty bad for it when they arrived at PB

Rob H

Quote from: Lukeee on March 27, 2014, 10:20:57 PM
Quote from: Nathan on March 27, 2014, 10:00:52 PM

Going back a few years now, I was on a Metrobus on the 7 and nearly every window had been tagged in yellow making it hard to see out off. Other than that have seen NX buses were that level of etchings is on some windows (often towards the rear of the upstairs), the ex - BC B7 ALX400's were pretty bad for it when they arrived at PB

Yes the B7 ALX400's at BC did have bad etching as they appeared on the Cov Road back when they were at BC I remember going upstairs on one occasion with my mom and dad and the windows were badly etched can't remember which B7 in particular but I do remember that.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Sh4318

The worst WB Gemini for etching is probably 4528 or one of the 451*s. The ALXs were generally awful for etching, but they're slowly getting refurbed now
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Sh4318 on March 27, 2014, 11:25:56 PM
The worst WB Gemini for etching is probably 4528 or one of the 451*s. The ALXs were generally awful for etching, but they're slowly getting refurbed now

When they first came to WB they were generally awful all round with filthy floors, threadbare seats etc... And were then shoved straight onto the 74/75, the poor things didn't stand a chance, and what with them seemingly being fairly reliable and WB operating far older buses their initial refurbs were few and far between, I'm just glad they are getting a few more through now as they are great buses!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk