News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Section 19/21 Operators - should they run tendered/commercial bus services?

Started by the trainbasher, March 18, 2014, 09:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

As it says on the lid - Section 19/21 Operators - should they run tendered/commercial bus services?

Personally I think not as, in the example of WMSNT, they are a registered charity and thus shouldnt be operating the kind of services shown like the commercial and tendered services on behalf of WMPTE.

What do you think?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Why not? Just out of curiosity.  Sometimes companies are charitable because that status means they get lower interest rates when borrowing money etc.housing Associations are an example of that, a lot of them are charities for that reason yet the rents they charge are almost commercial level. Lol

Isle of Stroma

No. It's just another backdoor scheme to knacker workers rights.

fleetline6477

Walsall Community Transport had begun operating a small number of tendered services around the Bloxwich areas before WMSNT began to.

the trainbasher

But on the other hand bob, they are flooding the market therefore meaning that operators like Diamond or Arriva are losing tenders because they are able to bid lower, hence putting jobs at risk at the proper SN/SI licence holders. Either they should become a proper operator with a proper O Licence or not play buses in my opinion.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 18, 2014, 10:08:29 PM
But on the other hand bob, they are flooding the market therefore meaning that operators like Diamond or Arriva are losing tenders because they are able to bid lower, hence putting jobs at risk at the proper SN/SI licence holders. Either they should become a proper operator with a proper O Licence or not play buses in my opinion.

WMSNT do have a proper license as well as their Community ones (PD0001129)

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on March 18, 2014, 10:11:01 PM

I stand corrected on that point but do they or do they not run their current services (tendered and/or commercial) on the Section 21 licence. Again it makes a mockery of the system that buses run on behalf of the WMPTE.

nifty50

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 18, 2014, 10:14:01 PM

I stand corrected on that point but do they or do they not run their current services (tendered and/or commercial) on the Section 21 licence. Again it makes a mockery of the system that buses run on behalf of the WMPTE.

All tendered work is carried out using their community permit

Tony

Quote from: nifty50 on March 19, 2014, 08:45:31 PM

I believe WMSNT have now won the 424 with Diamond retaining the 650 (renumbered the 34)

Lukeee

Quote from: Tony on March 19, 2014, 09:07:12 PM
Quote from: nifty50 on March 19, 2014, 08:45:31 PM

I believe WMSNT have now won the 424 with Diamond retaining the 650 (renumbered the 34)

Take it NXWM lost interest in them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk