News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Buses in Pool Meadow Bus Station in Coventry in the Late 1970,s

Started by horsencart, March 14, 2014, 12:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsencart

This video may be of interest
Two things of note, one is that the Midland Red driver of the S23 has the passenger door open this was the norm for Midland Red drivers in other areas, not just Coventry it it not the sort of thing that would happen these days,

The Second thing is that anyone know the inspector who gives me the evil eye at in the film at about42 seconds?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/13145758575/

paulb1973

Quote from: horsencart on March 14, 2014, 12:41:41 PM
Two things of note, one is that the Midland Red driver of the S23 has the passenger door open this was the norm for Midland Red drivers in other areas, not just Coventry it it not the sort of thing that would happen these days,

The Second thing is that anyone know the inspector who gives me the evil eye at in the film at about42 seconds?

At about 1.18 - that looks like a Mk1 Metrobus amongst the many Fleetlines on view in Pool Meadow, dating the film to around 1978-79 [or later]

Tony

Quote from: paulb1973 on March 14, 2014, 05:11:03 PM

At about 1.18 - that looks like a Mk1 Metrobus amongst the many Fleetlines on view in Pool Meadow, dating the film to around 1978-79 [or later]

There is a BVP-V mk2 National at around 40 seconds which were delivered mid 1980, so I think this was taken in 1980.Also I am fairly certain there are two Metrobuses, not 1 which would mean the BOK-Vs were in service, not just 6833, Coventry's BOK-Vs were delivered in 2/80

horsencart

The first cine film camera I had was a Super 8  silent camera, after a
couple of years I moved onto a sound Super 8 cine film   now the exact
year I moved onto a sound camera is lost in time (as well as a few
brain cells)  so what tend to do is use the year 1980  as a cut of point,
but  I suspect that it may have been later (into the 1980,s ) but only by
a couple of years,  I suspect that I shot the film in the early 1980,s ?

The joys? of filming with a silent super 8 camera firstly the film came
in a small cassette  the film only lasted for 2mins? , you would then
have to  put the cassette  into a packet?  and send the cassette  to
Ilford  and about a week or  two  later it would come back  so that you
would thread the film into a projector (remember them) and of course if
you shot other film there was the joy (not)  of splicing the film together
I hated with a passion splicing the films together

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2014, 06:23:02 PM
Quote from: paulb1973 on March 14, 2014, 05:11:03 PM

There is a BVP-V mk2 National at around 40 seconds which were delivered mid 1980, so I think this was taken in 1980.Also I am fairly certain there are two Metrobuses, not 1 which would mean the BOK-Vs were in service, not just 6833, Coventry's BOK-Vs were delivered in 2/80

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2014, 06:23:02 PM

Yes, and there are also a couple of Midland Red BVP-V Leopard/Willowbrooks, which I believe started to enter service in June 1980.  The last S23s were withdrawn at the end of February 1981 (I was there), so I think that gives the "window" when this could have been taken.   I would agree with some time in 1980 - even Midland Red drivers normally shut their doors in the winter!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk