News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Virgin Trains

Started by Christopher, February 20, 2014, 10:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 27, 2017, 06:17:02 PM
The voyager I saw was the 15:33 from International to New Street

That one terminates at New Street and sits in Platform 1A Then at 16:21 the 15:24 Shrewsbury-London comes in behind and couples up to make a 10 car formation back to Euston.

The Pendolino you saw is the 16:15 off New Street which is normally a 9 car

Stuharris 6360

Remember having a 5 car Voyager on the 20:23 departure from Euston one Friday night, to say it was overcrowded was an understatement.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BusFan94

There was a report on Watchdog yesterday about theclenilness of Trains Virgin Trains West coast were featured, there team inspected The door control buttons, Tray tables and Toilets.
The Buttons on Two of the Five trains were clean, one was very dirty and another one was Dirty

The tray tables twere clean one was very dirty and one had gut bacteria on it like how the hell did that get there.
The toilets
One was dirty four were clean.

So The buttons are bacteria filled and be careful one of the Pendolindo's  has someone's gut germs on it.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

winston

ECML strikes again, "Operator of Last Resort" will now be taking over from Virgin Trains East Coast:

http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/stagecoach/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=273&newsid=1016140

BusMan Greg

Does Richard Branson own the hitachi trains like he does with the pendolinos

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on May 16, 2018, 06:04:41 PM
Does Richard Branson own the hitachi trains like he does with the pendolinos

He, nor virgin trains own any trains

BusMan Greg

I heard virgin own the pendolinos

mikestone

No they belong to Angel trains  I believe he has some rights over the actual design - any new operator might have to redesignate the shop a buffet!!

Trident 4194

Quote from: mikestone on May 16, 2018, 07:13:53 PM
No they belong to Angel trains  I believe he has some rights over the actual design - any new operator might have to redesignate the shop a buffet!!

I also think he has a right over the design of the train- at least I recall

HTA844N

221 101 has been sent to Bombardier Ilford for an external repaint & several internal modifications. This is a trial before the rest of the voyager fleet are sent for refurb. 221 101 is expected to be out of traffic for around three weeks.

DJ

Quote from: HTA844N on September 11, 2018, 05:04:27 PM
221 101 has been sent to Bombardier Ilford for an external repaint & several internal modifications. This is a trial before the rest of the voyager fleet are sent for refurb. 221 101 is expected to be out of traffic for around three weeks.

It will apparently include new LED lighting, allowing the front to be painted black, according to a post over on the RailUK forums. It'll be interesting to see, for sure.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bob

Will they be able to stop Voyagers stinking of sewage??? 😂

HTA844N

No change on the sewage stench!  :D

mikestone

As a result of this the 13.43 Euston-Glasgow is now five cars and the 16.43 to Edinburgh ten cars throughout instead of detaching a set for the 18.30 Birmingham-Euston.
I understand 221101 is also to be renamed 101 Squadron.

JoNi

Advert frames have been removed from outside buffet on platforms 2/3 at Coventry station revealing departure timetables for 1985 when arrival times were shown for each journey and the occasional train that went to Scotland split at Carlisle. There is part of a West Midlands route map on platform 2 before line was reinstated to Nuneaton and mention of something called WMPTE!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk