News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

A question

Started by RW, February 17, 2014, 04:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Q. does a wall of paint dry quicker than a length of BCCE track is laid?

A. Yes at the present rate of progress!

Reason. Possibly because at 11.00 today there were a couple of surveyors by The Minories and a couple of operatives having a discussion at the Snow Hill end of the laid track. No other operatives between those locations. No operatives between Snow Hill and St Paul's tram stop. A JCB surface scraping at the New Street end of Corporation Street and deep surface work in Stephenson St and that was it! A total of  a dozen operatives at most along the whole length of the extension.

Gareth

A lot has been made about the slow progress of track laying.
As far as I'm aware everything is still running smoothly and on time. I wouldn't worry just yet, we still have plenty of time before the extension opens.

Tony

Quote from: RW on February 17, 2014, 04:19:17 PM
Q. does a wall of paint dry quicker than a length of BCCE track is laid?

A. Yes at the present rate of progress!

Reason. Possibly because at 11.00 today there were a couple of surveyors by The Minories and a couple of operatives having a discussion at the Snow Hill end of the laid track. No other operatives between those locations. No operatives between Snow Hill and St Paul's tram stop. A JCB surface scraping at the New Street end of Corporation Street and deep surface work in Stephenson St and that was it! A total of  a dozen operatives at most along the whole length of the extension.

Yes I don't see the rush to actually see the rails. Laying them and then putting the road back in between are probably the quickest job of all the work needed, You could probably place all the track required in the correct place within a couple of days. The putting it in exactly the correct position, and welding the sections together will take a bit longer, but if it all was just placed in the road now I am sure it would make some people happier

Stuharris 6360

When is the extension due to open?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk