News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

January Fleet changes

Started by Tony, February 03, 2014, 08:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I have put both the National Express and Rotala January fleetchanges on the front page of the main site

Stuharris 6360

Thanks Tony, it was a quiet month,  what a waste transferring the Mercs to the training fleet, then withdrawing them. Would have thought that Mercs were the ideal bus to drive?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 03, 2014, 08:43:46 PM
Thanks Tony, it was a quiet month,  what a waste transferring the Mercs to the training fleet, then withdrawing them. Would have thought that Mercs were the ideal bus to drive?

They were transferred with the intention of using them, but when they were checked over by reserve fleet, they were found to be in too poor a condition to add to the training fleet. This is not to critisize Wolverhampton's maintenance, or say they were unfit for use there, but what you have to consider is with the cost of conversion they have to be in a condition that will last a few years, not just be fit 'now'

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2014, 08:47:43 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 03, 2014, 08:43:46 PM

They were transferred with the intention of using them, but when they were checked over by reserve fleet, they were found to be in too poor a condition to add to the training fleet. This is not to critisize Wolverhampton's maintenance, or say they were unfit for use there, but what you have to consider is with the cost of conversion they have to be in a condition that will last a few years, not just be fit 'now'

Thanks for the explanation Tony!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Three more January changes added to the computer after the list I was working off was printed

1633 Pensnett-withdrawn
4050 Acocks Green - withdrawn (second fire victim, repairs now not authorised)

Both of these happened between 31/1 & 1/2 so could be either January or February

7026 Yardley Wood - Acocks Green (happened on 30/1)

nitromatt1

Another of my favourite Mercs gone. Only 2 left in TWM livery at PN, 1632 & 1638.

Stuharris 6360

Interestingly 1633 was parked next door to 1515 in the dead box waiting to go into garage yesterday.

I wonder if PE are stripping Mercs for various parts now?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 04, 2014, 04:01:52 PM
Interestingly 1633 was parked next door to 1515 in the dead box waiting to go into garage yesterday.

God I hope 1515 isn't next...

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on February 04, 2014, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 04, 2014, 04:01:52 PM

God I hope 1515 isn't next...

1515 has been parked in the dead box for nearly 2 weeks, can only assume it is awaiting parts?

5000 posts Matt, well done!  :D

mranon

those mercs were not at wn long, but it is interesting that everyone you ask reckons the earlier ones were much better than the t-fob onwards batch. i would have thought they would have converted something else other than a merc into training fleet, especially due to their steel construction, and fuel consumption being heavy

winston

Quote from: Matt on February 04, 2014, 03:42:47 PM
Another of my favourite Mercs gone. Only 2 left in TWM livery at PN, 1632 & 1638.

I'd have thought those two are on borrowed time.....

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: mranon on February 04, 2014, 04:50:25 PM
those mercs were not at wn long, but it is interesting that everyone you ask reckons the earlier ones were much better than the t-fob onwards batch. i would have thought they would have converted something else other than a merc into training fleet, especially due to their steel construction, and fuel consumption being heavy

Yes, definetly prefer the earlier batches, the T FOB's certainly don't seem to have aged as well and I would have thought adding some of the B10's recently withdrawn would make more sense seeing as the training fleet is mostly Volvo's

Tony

Latest Stagecoach Midlands & Oxford fleet changes now on the home page
http://wmbusphotos.com/

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Hi Tony, just wondered what 1462's role is at present, see it listed as non-driving, is it a training room or something?

winston

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on February 07, 2014, 11:34:27 PM
Hi Tony, just wondered what 1462's role is at present, see it listed as non-driving, is it a training room or something?

When we went on the WA depot tour 1462 was thought to becomming a mobile classroom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk