News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Malware on main page?

Started by SMK, November 29, 2013, 03:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMK

Is anyone else getting a malware warning when visiting the main page?
I'm have Avast and every time I visit http://wmbusphotos.com/home.html Avast states it has blocked malware originating from simplehitcounter.com.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: SMK on November 29, 2013, 03:37:01 PM
Is anyone else getting a malware warning when visiting the main page?
I'm have Avast and every time I visit http://wmbusphotos.com/home.html Avast states it has blocked malware originating from simplehitcounter.com.

Report it to Avast and they will look at it, have looked simplehitcounter.com up on Google and on the site check website and it comes up clean.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

I have the same problem as well, I think it is just a false positive. I don't think Tony is trying to spy on our computers!

Stu

You should have an option somewhere to report a 'false positive' to the makers of Avast.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMK

I've reported it to Avast for them to check out.
I did a quick Google search and some other sites had the same issue recently.
It's something to do with a particular script from simplehitcounter.
However, instead of reporting it to Avast, they seem to have opted to just remove the script.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk