News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

Does anybody know how the 'Towards werever' on bus stops works is it

- By the next Closet point
- route with the highest frequency

etc

Just curious 
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

domino.99

i belive it the next waypoint on the 81 it say toward roseville then toward dudley then toward netherton then toward merry hill

Niall

Not really related to the question, but I keep seeing bus stop shelters on the back of trucks parked in Halesmere Way in Halesowen. I went past yesterday and there were two there! Just wondering if anyone knows of any reasons why?
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

nitromatt1

Quote from: N94 on August 29, 2013, 11:15:42 AM
Not really related to the question, but I keep seeing bus stop shelters on the back of trucks parked in Halesmere Way in Halesowen. I went past yesterday and there were two there! Just wondering if anyone knows of any reasons why?

I've seen that as well before, that's on my estate, I thought at first they were putting a ring & ride shelter in but it disappeared.

My only idea is that the guy whose job is to move those shelters around lives in Halesmere Way, and stops off at home whilst in the process of moving shelters around? Far fetched I know, but no idea otherwise.

Stu

Maybe they're upgrading bus shelters nearby?

I know the last couple of weeks they've been upgrading bus shelters on the Warwick Road between Acocks Green and Tyseley, caused a right nightmare last night where they were replacing the one outside SCC as well as the one by Reddings Lane, traffic was crawling in both directions because of two sets of temporary traffic lights, luckily I got a lift home!

As for the 'towards' designation, it does seem to be a little random at times. Generally I suppose it shows 'towards' the next common major waypoint of the most frequent route(s) serving that stop. I guess you shouldn't read it as gospel, especially for example the 36/37 stop on the Warwick Road (Knights Road) outside Cousins, which reads as 'Towards Acocks Green', although at this point the 36 is not going towards Acocks Green as it has already been there! Likewise, you have the stop in Acock Green Village, shared by the 30, 31/A, 36, 96 and 99, which shows 'Towards Olton, Sheldon' despite the 31/A not going there!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stu on August 29, 2013, 07:20:06 PM

Maybe they're upgrading bus shelters nearby?

I've not seen any change in bus stops nearby, and I would've noticed a new bus stop anywhere around my area as I quite regularly travel along the various corridors out of Halesowen.

Stu

Was on the 37 this evening on my way home, and noticed the upgraded shelter for the St John's Road stop on the Warwick Road in Sparkhill, has inside a map proudly showing you 'where to catch your bus in Selly Oak'.  ::)
My locals:

Kevin

Quote from: Stu on August 30, 2013, 08:14:56 PM
Was on the 37 this evening on my way home, and noticed the upgraded shelter for the St John's Road stop on the Warwick Road in Sparkhill, has inside a map proudly showing you 'where to catch your bus in Selly Oak'.  ::)

Is that like all the Asda's in the West Midlands having a bus map of Bloxwich displayed by the entrance?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Niall

Saw them installing a new bus stop shelter near Russells Hall Hosp this evening. They were putting in a silver one next to the existing blue one.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Stu

Another 'new' shelter on the Warwick Road, this time the Stockfield Road stop towards the city (outside Acocks Green Medical Centre) has timetable information for the 24, 141, 244, 297 and 297A! (the sheet is supposed to be on Halesowen Road in Old Hill presumably).

;D
My locals:

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stu on September 04, 2013, 03:11:45 PM
Another 'new' shelter on the Warwick Road, this time the Stockfield Road stop towards the city (outside Acocks Green Medical Centre) has timetable information for the 24, 141, 244, 297 and 297A! (the sheet is supposed to be on Halesowen Road in Old Hill presumably).

;D

Oh dear!

Why is this happening?

John

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 04, 2013, 03:59:00 PM
Quote from: Stu on September 04, 2013, 03:11:45 PM

;D

Oh dear!

Why is this happening?

I would say that the bus stop that has been put in on the Warwick road was taken out of Old Hill, replaced by another one there, and the timetables have not been taken out and replaced with the Warwick Road services. That is probably not the job of the people that install the bus stops

Nathan4775

I thought timetables would be taken out before the bus stop is moved, but obviously not
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on August 30, 2013, 11:14:05 PM
Quote from: Stu on August 30, 2013, 08:14:56 PM

Is that like all the Asda's in the West Midlands having a bus map of Bloxwich displayed by the entrance?

Well the one at Great Bridge is correct, last time I got a lift down there, to pick up 'supplies' for the office!

settlerman

I noticed today that all the bus stops in Lode Lane as far as Land Rover have 37 on them and also have 37 timetable in shelters.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk