News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I travelled on the 70 a couple of weeks ago, saw a few stops that still had 590C on the flags, the ones outside the Network West Midlands area. Through Coleshill, all the stops show the 70 on the timetable display, but not on the flags themselves.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on April 14, 2014, 08:28:41 PM
I travelled on the 70 a couple of weeks ago, saw a few stops that still had 590C on the flags, the ones outside the Network West Midlands area. Through Coleshill, all the stops show the 70 on the timetable display, but not on the flags themselves.

I've seen these, I find it quite nostalgic from the Metrobus days.

If it wasn't clear enough how frequent the 50 is. I saw 5 50 depatures all at 13:53 (Moor Street/Bullring stop). Also the 31A terminus is Three May Poles, according to the stop outside Moor Street station
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 14, 2014, 08:32:18 PM
Quote from: Stu on April 14, 2014, 08:28:41 PM

I've seen these, I find it quite nostalgic from the Metrobus days.

If it wasn't clear enough how frequent the 50 is. I saw 5 50 depatures all at 13:53 (Moor Street/Bullring stop). Also the 31A terminus is Three May Poles, according to the stop outside Moor Street station

Technically yes, the part of Shirley by Marshall Lake Road (near The Green Business Park) is Three Maypoles.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

paulb1973

Quote from: notepanel on April 14, 2014, 08:27:43 PM
Quote from: paulb1973 on April 08, 2014, 02:29:24 PM
Quote from: Stu on April 07, 2014, 08:24:57 PM
Quote from: John on April 07, 2014, 07:58:32 PM
Quote from: Stu on April 07, 2014, 07:52:01 PM
(That does trump stand AL in Acocks Green, for some reason, they've taken off the side next to the road, so the whole shelter is open on that side. The shelter's not been replaced, still the same one. No idea why they've done it.)

They have done that to most of the stops on Hawthorn Road, plus the 7/28 stop at the Crossways

Strange that they haven't done this to the other shelters in Acocks Green village.

Is it to save money on the cleaning contract with OCS I wonder? (less shelter = less for OCS to clean lol  :D)

This has happened in Coventry, especially on the Holyhead Rd, it appears only shelters carrying double-sided adverts [some scrolling on one side and fixed the other] have been altered. Presumably Network WM & Clear Channel Adshel have come to a recent agreement whereby the frontal piece of some shelters - the bit nearest the kerb - can be removed allowing the ad to be seen from the road more easily. On a similar theme Adshel's 10-year exclusive right to advertise on Centro/NWM's shelters comes to an end in July, I guess expressions of interest etc will be issued soon, if they haven't already.

To confirm what you've stated re the advertising...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/midlands-bus-shelter-ads-leave-6983241

I presumed that was the reason - but that article confirms it. Here in Coventry, whenever a shelter carrying ads has been removed for renewal/road-works/accident damage etc - and a new bus shelter is installed, rarely do NWM/Adshel re-install the advert. Corporation St, Upper Well St, Burges, Greyfriars Rd in the city-centre, Jubilee Crescent, some stops on London Rd are examples, the list goes on. These are apparently prominent positions - but Adshel don't seem that bothered, bearing in-mind they are paying for the privilege.

Tony

Quote from: Tony on April 14, 2014, 07:53:10 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on April 14, 2014, 07:43:19 PM
Quote from: Matt on April 14, 2014, 07:31:19 PM
Is the really old 590A flag by Water Orton station on the 70 route still there?

I have been travelling on 70 couple of weeks ago, I did see a few of old bus stop flags of 590A.

Walk around the corner, over the bridge with the station on, follow the road to the right and at the bottom of the hill opposite the Dog Inn you will see a flag with Heart of England on!

And here is a photograph of it!

vinh1000

It's like in Burton Green the old stop is still there for services like the 44 and 4 others on there
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Matt.N0056

I've noticed the bus stop poles along the bottom of Moor St, by Hotel Lator have been removed and replaced by 'old style' ones.

CL

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on November 02, 2014, 12:39:14 PM
I've noticed the bus stop poles along the bottom of Moor St, by Hotel Lator have been removed and replaced by 'old style' ones.

Most of the 'modern' poles have been replaced. I think the only one still standing (excuse the pun)  is the one on Pershore Street for the 16, 16A, 45 & 47.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on November 02, 2014, 01:23:50 PM

Most of the 'modern' poles have been replaced. I think the only one still standing (excuse the pun)  is the one on Pershore Street for the 16, 16A, 45 & 47.

And all those on the other side of Moor Street Queensway, Moor Street, Bull Street, Colmore Row, The Priory Queensway, Corporation Street, and several more

CL

Quote from: Tony on November 02, 2014, 02:45:08 PM
Quote from: clayderman on November 02, 2014, 01:23:50 PM

And all those on the other side of Moor Street Queensway, Moor Street, Bull Street, Colmore Row, The Priory Queensway, Corporation Street, and several more

Oh, I didn't mean those big slabs of a bus stop... :P But yeah, those too. I meant the flagpole bus stops. I'd forgotten the words at the time. :o :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ronnoc

One at Robin Hood Island looked like it had collapsed and one on Highgate road had got its window smashed.

Niall

The electronic displays were playing up this morning on Colmore Row - service numbers were showing on the wrong stops. Fixed by the time I came home.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

trident4370

The one for the 50 was completely dead this morning too.

trident4370

Quote from: Matt on January 30, 2015, 08:46:42 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on January 30, 2015, 08:45:07 PM
The one for the 50 was completely dead this morning too.

Was going to say, makes a nice change from blank!

Nothing but a cock up from the start but what do I know!

Thursday night was fun on colmore row all the stops changed service, harborne services moved to the dudley rd stop, hagley Rd to harborne stop, and finally dudley Rd to hagley Rd stop. Good fun people running around like headless chickens, I,d like to think somebody at centro was being mischivious with the computer. To be be honest it made  sense to group all buses heading up the hagley road together.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk