News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

1986 De-regulation Services

Started by SO6597, May 08, 2024, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SO6597

I was flicking through the 1986 WMPTE fleet list booklet just now and there's a section on routes that had been registered by WMT in the spring for October. It was organised by garage and in the YW section it shows the following:

77 Northfield to Kings Heath
78 Cotteridge to Kings Heath

I'm assuming that the 78 became the retained and extended 27 and I know there was an old 77 that went from Kings Heath to Longbridge but can anyone shed more light on what these routes were intended to be? It also shows the 49 running from Solihull to Rubery and not Northfield, was this part of the mix too?

Also, were there any other routes/changes that were registered but didn't happen in the end (either WMT or MRW)?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: SO6597 on May 08, 2024, 07:44:42 PMI was flicking through the 1986 WMPTE fleet list booklet just now and there's a section on routes that had been registered by WMT in the spring for October. It was organised by garage and in the YW section it shows the following:

77 Northfield to Kings Heath
78 Cotteridge to Kings Heath

I'm assuming that the 78 became the retained and extended 27 and I know there was an old 77 that went from Kings Heath to Longbridge but can anyone shed more light on what these routes were intended to be? It also shows the 49 running from Solihull to Rubery and not Northfield, was this part of the mix too?

Also, were there any other routes/changes that were registered but didn't happen in the end (either WMT or MRW)?

I think the 77 and 78 were to replace the 27 using double deckers which would of meant rerouting away from Bournville Station, Midland Red West intended to register the 27 in some form on competition with WMT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk