News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

An observation from this morning while I was out in Bloxwich.

A Red Diamond livered B7 single decker followed by a National Express B7.

As the bodywork & destination displays are similar, I had to look twice before I saw the NX vehicle behind.

If there is not enough new blue vehicles to put on the route, couldnt the substitute vehicle be a Black Diamond vehicle, to differeniate between the various operators, plus black is closer to blue at first glance?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on February 11, 2015, 01:18:53 PM
An observation from this morning while I was out in Bloxwich.

A Red Diamond livered B7 single decker followed by a National Express B7.

As the bodywork & destination displays are similar, I had to look twice before I saw the NX vehicle behind.

If there is not enough new blue vehicles to put on the route, couldnt the substitute vehicle be a Black Diamond vehicle, to differeniate between the various operators, plus black is closer to blue at first glance?

We currently have 5 x B7's in paint in an aim to complete them all.

Trident 4194

Dear Simon,
     What was the reason for changing the 142 timetables?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 24, 2015, 05:50:40 PM
Dear Simon,
     What was the reason for changing the 142 timetables?

We are trying to improve the reliability of the 002, so the time change has enabled the 002 to have the 142 slows in Halesowen Bus Station.  To enbale this to happen both services have needed timetable changes

Simon

the trainbasher

Do diamond have any intention to sort out the continual problems with the 226 service as reliability has dropped massively. 50% of the time its a case of any time either side of the Hansons bus! I thought it was meant to be a 15 minute service, not a 5 then 25 minute one!

And please, get rid of the solos. Not everyone enjoys the cramp!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 25, 2015, 08:41:09 AM
Do diamond have any intention to sort out the continual problems with the 226 service as reliability has dropped massively. 50% of the time its a case of any time either side of the Hansons bus! I thought it was meant to be a 15 minute service, not a 5 then 25 minute one!

Dear Sir,

We continually monitor this service and it is our intention to continue to do so.  Our overall findings are adherence to the timetable or with the practice direction produced by the Office of the Traffic Commissioner. 

With regards vehicles, we believe based upon loadings the Solo is the suitable vehicle to use

Simon

the trainbasher

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 25, 2015, 10:03:41 AM

Dear Sir,

We continually monitor this service and it is our intention to continue to do so.  Our overall findings are adherence to the timetable or with the practice direction produced by the Office of the Traffic Commissioner. 

With regards vehicles, we believe based upon loadings the Solo is the suitable vehicle to use

Simon

With all due respect Simon I am sure you'll find that the 226 service is severely lacking. Countless times I've had to wait over 15-20 minutes for one to turn up, and that's if they haven't decided not to bother by running not in service, or even skipped part of the route out. And your "customer care department" make some local councils look reliable! (and working in a department that has dealings with customers myself I know the language used)

Have you ever used the 226 Simon? If not then I suggest you do try both your offerings and Hansons offerings as you'll be enlightened how by putting a decent sized bus on can make all the difference. I mean the seating in your KS03 solos make Urban 90s look comfortable!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 25, 2015, 02:43:31 PM

Dear Sir,

Simon

With all due respect Simon I am sure you'll find that the 226 service is severely lacking. Countless times I've had to wait over 15-20 minutes for one to turn up, and that's if they haven't decided not to bother by running not in service, or even skipped part of the route out. And your "customer care department" make some local councils look reliable! (and working in a department that has dealings with customers myself I know the language used)

Have you ever used the 226 Simon? If not then I suggest you do try both your offerings and Hansons offerings as you'll be enlightened how by putting a decent sized bus on can make all the difference. I mean the seating in your KS03 solos make Urban 90s look comfortable!

I am not wanting to have an argument.  However, we have historical VOSA monitoring for this service, which shows the service operating within the window of tolernace.

I am not saying that every journey operates like this, and on occasion we don't have bad days.  However, we undertake regular monitoring and there does not seem to be any on going issues. 

Our complaints KPI's are continually reducing, which I do review and look through every complaint every week accross the Midlands.

I am sure what we do can be better, and I will take your comments on board.

Simon

the trainbasher

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 25, 2015, 03:13:42 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on February 25, 2015, 02:43:31 PM

Dear Sir,

Simon

I am not wanting to have an argument.  However, we have historical VOSA monitoring for this service, which shows the service operating within the window of tolernace.

I am not saying that every journey operates like this, and on occasion we don't have bad days.  However, we undertake regular monitoring and there does not seem to be any on going issues. 

Our complaints KPI's are continually reducing, which I do review and look through every complaint every week accross the Midlands.

I am sure what we do can be better, and I will take your comments on board.

Simon

I'm not after an argument either Simon, I'm just pointing out facts insofar as to the reliability (or lack thereof) by way of a full and frank discussion which will allow both viewpoints. Notwithstanding the fact however that your comments could conceivably encompass certain concomitant benefits of a marginal and peripheral relevance, there is a countervailing consideration of infinitely superior magnitude involving your personal complicity and corroborative malfeasance, with a consequence that the taint and stigma could irredeemably and irretrievably invalidate your position and culminate in public revelations and recriminations of a profoundly embarrassing and ultimately indefensible character that Rotala maintain on that service.

Saturday 20852 was allocated to the duty that does 226 then 81. Smokey as anything (that thick I thought initially it was fog!) It also smelt of burning rubber! I will bet anything that fleet maintenance would say it was fit for service!

There again it is not for a humble mortal such as I to speculate on the complex and elevated deliberations of the mighty.

Reece

Hi Simon

1) When are Diamond Bus putting timetables on board their buses in Kidderminster and Redditch areas?

2) Also I can not get a FREE timetable from Kidderminster Town Hall, Kidderminster Library or Reddich Library. They all say to me I have to pay 5p per page for a black and white print out/copy of whatever Diamond Bus timetable it is. It does not present your company very we'll?

Cedric

Quote from: Reece on February 25, 2015, 03:57:14 PM
Hi Simon

1) When are Diamond Bus putting timetables on board their buses in Kidderminster and Redditch areas?

2) Also I can not get a FREE timetable from Kidderminster Town Hall, Kidderminster Library or Reddich Library. They all say to me I have to pay 5p per page for a black and white print out/copy of whatever Diamond Bus timetable it is. It does not present your company very we'll?
Quote from: Reece on February 25, 2015, 03:57:14 PM

Reece
with  regard   to the  timetables to being free  from the library , Is the councils that charge . I go on the diamond site  to print of a timetable.  and as for timetables on board buses that is  something that may come in the futher                               

diamond 8\10/125/292

Solo1

When will all the Centro's be in service that are coming from Heathrow at Kidderminster & when will B20BTS  be moving to Kidderminster as I would like to get a photo while it here in brum will it b out Saturday on 16 thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on March 16, 2015, 01:36:19 PM
When will all the Centro's be in service that are coming from Heathrow at Kidderminster & when will B20BTS  be moving to Kidderminster as I would like to get a photo while it here in brum will it b out Saturday on 16 thanks

Following the acquisition of Green Triangle, we are moving around a number of vehicles.  Short term B20WTS has found itself put into service immediately at Long Acre to facilitate this but it will eventually end up at Kidderminster.

I am not exactly sure when this happen.

Simon

StourportSam

Hi Simon,

1) Do you know why the 1815 2L service from Kidderminster Town Hall to Cleobury Mortimer failed to run on Saturday 28/03/15 please? Did it have anything to do with 30500 being sat in Kidderminster bus station for over an hour with no driver and displaying not in service?

2) Do Diamond plan to stop using MPDs on the early morning service 3 soon? I often have to catch buses at various times circa. 0800 (typically the 0752/0809/0819/0833 from Areley Kings and most of the time apart from the X3 the bus is a full and standing MPD that has to turn down passengers by the time it gets out of Stourport - especially going through the Birchen Coppice estate.

Thanks
Sam

Trident 4194

Hi Simon,

Are you planning on returning darts back onto the 202, or are the b7rles on there for keeps now?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk