News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

best place to get them is Stratford on Avon as most services run from there   metro deckers could be on X20 ,park & ride 

Kevin

Quote from: IMarkeh on May 12, 2022, 12:38:50 AMDo Johnsons have set vehicles or vehicle types per duty? I am wanting to get on the Scanias, Metrodeckers and Tempos before Johnsons cease but they don't track on bustimes anymore so I can't work out where the buses go. I can see though from when they did track in April, buses seemed to do some funky stuff, cross interworking basically everything.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I've seen every vehicle type on the Banbury routes, even on the same journeys, so pretty pot luck to be honest. Stratford is by far your best bet
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

IMarkeh

Thank you both for your help.

'Pot luck' is no fun when most of Johnsons routes don't time to connect haha. Means you go up and back on the same bus or you sit around places forever waiting for another bus. Guess I'll just have to make a plan and hope it works. out.

Midland_Buses

You will see more Euro 5 and less vehicles on the Stratford and Leamington routes due to contractual requirements.

Euro 6 vehicles will usually be on the X20, 87 & 88 due to the contractual requirements on most journeys but not all.

B61 ANDREW

Does anyone know what the future holds for Scania SN58FWL/B10JCT ??  It does not appear to have had much use this year.  :undecided:

Stu

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on May 18, 2022, 02:31:13 PMDoes anyone know what the future holds for Scania SN58FWL/B10JCT ??  It does not appear to have had much use this year.  :undecided:
According to BusTimes it last tracked on 4th March (all Johnsons buses seemed to have stopped tracking from 13th April), and as it is not included in the acquisition deal, I would guess it probably doesn't have much of a future.

https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=300813

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

QuoteAccording to BusTimes it last tracked on 4th March (all Johnsons buses seemed to have stopped tracking from 13th April), and as it is not included in the acquisition deal, I would guess it probably doesn't have much of a future.

https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=300813
Its MoT expired on 23rd April as well

GoldenSquid

Does Johnson's bus have a day ticket that allows you on the whole network?
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

bewdley5

Can any please tell me what the permeant whittles fleet is now . as i have seen vehicles in whittles colours with fleet number that do not show on tonys  and nor on my own  not been able to catch the regs nos

Kevin

Quote from: GoldenSquid on May 18, 2022, 07:29:48 PMDoes Johnson's bus have a day ticket that allows you on the whole network?
Yes, £11, used it last in November myself.
The drivers might take a while to find it on the ticket machine because they never sold them much but it does still exits, best to ask them for an "£11 day ticket" they might be able to work it out
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Kevin on May 19, 2022, 01:43:08 PMYes, £11, used it last in November myself.
The drivers might take a while to find it on the ticket machine because they never sold them much but it does still exits, best to ask them for an "£11 day ticket" they might be able to work it out
I think it may be £12 now - fares went up by around 10% at the start of this year.

Justin Tyme

Linfs to timetables for all services being taken over from Johnsons are now on Diamond's website: -

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/johnsons-welcome/

At a glance it looks like the only changes being made are the (prefectly reasonable) slight shortening or deletion of some journeys to/from Johnsons' Liveridge Hill depot on the X20 and X50.

Westy

Is there any  Johnson drivers actually at Diamond then?

Got the impression from earlier posts, a fair few had left?

winston

Quote from: Westy on May 21, 2022, 09:49:33 AMIs there any  Johnson drivers actually at Diamond then?

Got the impression from earlier posts, a fair few had left?
Rotala don't take over Johnson's until 29th May

MW

The route trainer for Diamond is out route training today on 87/88/X20.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk