News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Metrodecker YJ70 EWC has entered service this afternoon and is on the X20. I've just photographed it in Shirley heading towards Stratford...

Couple of questions on Johnsons if anyone knows anything about them....

Every morning on my commute into work I always pass around 5/6 of the companies coaches coming out of Birmingham along the Aston Expressway onto the M6 heading what I assume is back to base. This is at around half 6 every morning. What kind of contract would they be operating this early. Is it anything to do with Amazon? Around the same time I see a Catteralls of Southam with LED display saying Amazon so not sure if related. Either way good to see that during this climate they are getting daily work even if it's not to the demand it once was!

Also, I saw one of the 08 or 09 plate Scania Irizars debranded of the Johnsons name. It still had the rest of the livery. It was parked up in Birmingham next to a Whittles Coach. Has this been removed from Johnsons fleet and transferred to Whittles or has it left the company entirely and just purely a coincidence that they were next to each other?

Many thanks for my curiosity being cured!

Pat

Quote from: 966 on December 31, 2020, 10:54:42 PM

Every morning on my commute into work I always pass around 5/6 of the companies coaches coming out of Birmingham along the Aston Expressway onto the M6 heading what I assume is back to base. This is at around half 6 every morning. What kind of contract would they be operating this early. Is it anything to do with Amazon? Around the same time I see a Catteralls of Southam with LED display saying Amazon so not sure if related. Either way good to see that during this climate they are getting daily work even if it's not to the demand it once was!

Also, I saw one of the 08 or 09 plate Scania Irizars debranded of the Johnsons name. It still had the rest of the livery. It was parked up in Birmingham next to a Whittles Coach. Has this been removed from Johnsons fleet and transferred to Whittles or has it left the company entirely and just purely a coincidence that they were next to each other?

Yes, Johnsons do run a couple of coaches on the Amazon Rugeley contracts.

Most likely a transfer between Johnsons & Whittles (Whittles are part of Johnsons).

Cedric

Quote from: 966 on December 31, 2020, 10:54:42 PM

Quote from: Pat on January 01, 2021, 01:45:52 AM
Yes, Johnsons do run a couple of coaches on the Amazon Rugeley contracts.

Most likely a transfer between Johnsons & Whittles (Whittles are part of Johnsons).

Not seen it around here unless it is stored or being worked on in whittles yard
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Any one know if the luxury  traveler coaches  that where due last year but stored due to covid, have arrived yet
diamond 8\10/125/292

ellspurs

Quote from: Michael Bevan on December 09, 2020, 03:06:32 PM
Metrodecker YJ70 EWC has entered service this afternoon and is on the X20. I've just photographed it in Shirley heading towards Stratford...

What height are these buses?

I've seen Johnsons use deckers on their X20 service (such as in the quote above), but there is an aqueduct in Wootton Wawen that has a height of 14'0". I noticed the height when I went through it on Monday whilst at work.

I know that I've been under the bridge on the NX 4001 when they were running the Sunday Service, but I always thought they were at least 14' 3" tall.

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on March 03, 2021, 06:27:32 PM
What height are these buses?

I've seen Johnsons use deckers on their X20 service (such as in the quote above), but there is an aqueduct in Wootton Wawen that has a height of 14'0". I noticed the height when I went through it on Monday whilst at work.

I know that I've been under the bridge on the NX 4001 when they were running the Sunday Service, but I always thought they were at least 14' 3" tall.

I've been under in 3225, begore they put the circular 'compulsary' signs up. I have an email from about 3 years ago promising to review that height. Obviously they ignored that promise.

Gareth

AG metrobuses used to go under there every day on the Stratford school services.

barry

Quote from: Cedric on February 24, 2021, 08:37:04 PM
Any one know if the luxury  traveler coaches  that where due last year but stored due to covid, have arrived yet

They are coming w/c 10 May. Hopefully the first one will operate its first tour on 17 May - the first day possible for operating holidays. Fingers Crossed.

Cedric

Quote from: barry on March 05, 2021, 06:26:50 PM
They are coming w/c 10 May. Hopefully the first one will operate its first tour on 17 May - the first day possible for operating holidays. Fingers Crossed.
i am going on a luxury traveller  holiday on  the 17th of may sp i hope they do
diamond 8\10/125/292

barry

Longridge Fell & the Forest of Bowland staying at the Gibbon Bridge Hotel is the first one lined up on the 17 May... we are keeping everything crossed.

Cedric

Quote from: barry on March 06, 2021, 07:32:35 PM
Longridge Fell & the Forest of Bowland staying at the Gibbon Bridge Hotel is the first one lined up on the 17 May... we are keeping everything crossed.
that's  where i am going. i was booked to on the launch  trip last year  so will keep every thing crossed too
diamond 8\10/125/292

DMCL

The S85 from Redditch to Studley High School has, I think, been taken over by Johnsons from Dudley's.
Just after 8am this morning the Johnsons bus, showing S85 on the destination panel, was heading north along Evesham Road into Redditch. It then did a reverse turn into Jubilee Avenue and headed south along Evesham Road for a short distance before turning into Yvonne Road, heading presumably for the starting point in Windmill Drive where it should have been at 7.40am.
Hopefully a bit of route learning will get things on track for tomorrow.

Solo1

On the tracker johnsons now have fleet numbers

samuel derrington

That's to do with the ticketer machines @Solo1 had it confirmed this morning

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk