News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NO 9 Walsall - Lodge Farm

Started by monkeyjoe, August 13, 2013, 08:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Interesting to read they are investing £420k in new buses with branding etc. Intresting to read about marketing from other companines apart from NXWM. etc.

In today's evening mail.

Bob

Its only three new buses which will probably be just midibuses, yea its a start but its a drop in the ocean. The vast majority of wednesfield buses are terrible, and the state of the 'heavily refurbished' buses on the 19 should be a source of embarrassment lol

winston

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/content.aspx?id=34359739539

Thinking about it, I'm not convinced that three brand new buses are actually due for the 9, I think the 9 already has them & the three below is the quoted investment in Euro 5 single deckers and a bit of spin has been put on the announcement, why would Arriva brand these three up only a couple of months ago to buy three new identical ones?

http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/2140.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65573647@N08/8695500336
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65573647@N08/8727274497

Happy to be proven wrong.......

Trident 4609

The buses on there aren't even new! They are talking about the branded E200's currently on there

monkeyjoe

I'm just going from the article in today's evening mail, where they are making out it if a partnership between them and Centro and they are going to start a local marketing campaign etc. Probably right spin.

Trident 4609

They will probably say the ALX400 DAFs on the 19 are New aswell! ::)

Bob

Lol, £50 investment by arriva in a fleet of heavily refurbished mechanically shagged double deckers for the flagship 19, which is now carrying 3 passengers per trip, resulting in this once in a lifetime investment. ...:-P

JackC

Quote from: Winston on August 13, 2013, 09:08:43 PM

Thinking about it, I'm not convinced that three brand new buses are actually due for the 9, I think the 9 already has them & the three below is the quoted investment in Euro 5 single deckers and a bit of spin has been put on the announcement, why would Arriva brand these three up only a couple of months ago to buy three new identical ones?

At a guess, I'd say that since branding up the E200s for the 9, it's become their best route in terms of patronage and financial gain, maybe more than they expected, and since the E200s are fairly small they need some full size single deckers for the route. Combined with Wednesfield needing some fleet investment, maybe Arriva plan to upgrade the 9 to full size single deckers and push the E200s out onto other routes and allow them to scrap some Solos or MPDs.

Now I know one or two people will argue that no Wednesfield route needs anything more a midibus and maybe they're right because I haven't been over to Walsall in a while to have a see what's going on with the route and what passenger numbers are like. But this is just my guesswork.

Trident 4609

Basically Arriva Wednesfield usualy publish their info late so they are refering to the 12 plate E200's

Bob

The E200s cope ok with the 9. No midland route apart from maybe the 10 needs full size buses

winston

Quote from: JackC on August 13, 2013, 09:45:15 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 13, 2013, 09:08:43 PM

At a guess, I'd say that since branding up the E200s for the 9, it's become their best route in terms of patronage and financial gain, maybe more than they expected, and since the E200s are fairly small they need some full size single deckers for the route. Combined with Wednesfield needing some fleet investment, maybe Arriva plan to upgrade the 9 to full size single deckers and push the E200s out onto other routes and allow them to scrap some Solos or MPDs.

Now I know one or two people will argue that no Wednesfield route needs anything more a midibus and maybe they're right because I haven't been over to Walsall in a while to have a see what's going on with the route and what passenger numbers are like. But this is just my guesswork.

I see where you're coming from, but even the placard that the Arriva MD is holding pictures shows what looks like the current 9 branded short E200's.

Which if that is the case, the article fails to mention that the investment in 10 x new E200's was made some 15 months ago on the back of winning Centro tenders at rock bottom prices, we then shipped half of them off to Leicester and deposited some nicely refurb'd / one careful owner ex London MPD's in their place   Now we are giving all route 9 customers so used E200'sand passing them as new........   

mikestone

When I saw the press release on NWM I just assumed it was just one of their standard cock-up's and they had forgotten to issue the press release when the E200's were branded.

Trident 4609

Quote from: mikestone on August 14, 2013, 07:47:11 PM
When I saw the press release on NWM I just assumed it was just one of their standard cock-up's and they had forgotten to issue the press release when the E200's were branded.

Thats exactly the case! There are no brand new buses. They are talking about the current E200's which recently upgraded the 9

Nathan4775

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 14, 2013, 07:55:19 PM
Quote from: mikestone on August 14, 2013, 07:47:11 PM

Thats exactly the case! There are no brand new buses. They are talking about the current E200's which recently upgraded the 9

and the 35
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

leewhayward29

Does anyone know what is going on with number 9 Walsall to  lodge farm
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk