News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Solus Coaches

Started by BN, August 12, 2013, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metrocity

Quote from: Stu on April 17, 2023, 07:02:41 PMThat's quite smart - simple but effective branding. Fair play to them for making a proper effort at this, now hopefully they can improve on the passenger loadings!

Always welcoming to see a new operator join the fray, look forward to them bidding on more contracts later this year.
Personally I find the joint route branding confusing - especially with it repeated. The routes don't have anything in common with each other !

Stu

Quote from: metrocity on April 17, 2023, 07:24:56 PMPersonally I find the joint route branding confusing - especially with it repeated. The routes don't have anything in common with each other !
Yeah, the repetition is a bit unnecessary, but it makes sense to have both routes shown as the same vehicle is used.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

IMarkeh

Hopefully soon they will become bus open data compliant and therefore track and have their timetable data online.

Solo1

Is solus coaches using the depot of what was  heartlands bus / Tamworth bus& coach 

B61 ANDREW

E200 YN61GBO on the workings in Erdington this morning in all over white with BM fleetnames and legals. Looked tidy enough.  

EK40

Looks like they have acquired another ex london white E200 reg YUI 2776 saw it on 600 duty this morning.

solonightrider

Quote from: EK40 on July 26, 2023, 11:40:31 AMLooks like they have acquired another ex london white E200 reg YUI 2776 saw it on 600 duty this morning.
This operator seems to of gone down the pan since the new owners took the reins, the coach fleet is already looking battered and un kept with lots of body work damage and gaffer tape holding them together a far cry to what it was.  Even the service buses look dog rough  that e200 mmc 68 plate not a straight panel on it and covered in gaffer tape. shame how its gone.

cris 99

Looking forward to see how these cope with the 71/71A on Sundays. I presume it will be E200S used.
17//72/73/97/X12

Stu

Quote from: cris 99 on October 15, 2023, 01:57:44 PMLooking forward to see how these cope with the 71/71A on Sundays. I presume it will be E200S used.
Same vehicles they currently use on the 25 and 600.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Michael Bevan

Noted on the 71 today are YUI 2776 and YX58 HVB.

I've seen a photo of YUI 2774 out too, which I'm guessing YX58 HVB has replaced at some point in the day.

Michael Bevan

Solus Coaches have started running the 62 from today which I'm told is Leamington Spa to Myton Green. Can't find any information about the service online though. Seen a photo of YUI 2774 on it though still branded for Gatwick Hoppa.

solonightrider

Quote from: cris 99 on October 15, 2023, 01:57:44 PMLooking forward to see how these cope with the 71/71A on Sundays. I presume it will be E200S used.
had a window put through on route on the first evening to vandals im lead to believe on the old white 2 door e200 

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Michael Bevan on October 30, 2023, 11:58:04 AMSolus Coaches have started running the 62 from today which I'm told is Leamington Spa to Myton Green. Can't find any information about the service online though. Seen a photo of YUI 2774 on it though still branded for Gatwick Hoppa.

Timetable for the new 62 service...

IMarkeh

Quote from: Michael Bevan on October 30, 2023, 11:58:04 AMSolus Coaches have started running the 62 from today which I'm told is Leamington Spa to Myton Green. Can't find any information about the service online though. Seen a photo of YUI 2774 on it though still branded for Gatwick Hoppa.
It's listed on the Warwickshire Council website but when you click on view timetable, it's takes you to Microsoft Office with Warwickshire council login page.

Big round of applause for Warwickshire throwing taxpayers money away on a service that no one knew would start and no one has any information for bar your single leaflet. If people in councils had half a braincell, they would be dangerous.

Justin Tyme

The link to the 62 timetable on the Warwickshire CC website has not yet been fixed, but here it is: -

https://api.warwickshire.gov.uk/documents/WCCC-222510381-334

Maps on the Warwickshire CC public transport website have been updated this week.  It's good to see that the new Leamington and Warwick map here shows the 62.

My thanks to Michael Bevan for alerting us to this service in the first place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk