News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stafford Timetable Books

Started by D10, September 01, 2013, 11:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D10

I was very briefly at Stafford Rail Station yesterday, and just had time between trains to go an pick up Timetables from the Arriva stand by the Ticket Counters.

I saw that it was full of "Stafford Area Bus Guide" leaflets and so picked one up and then went to catch my onward train. I perhaps naively assumed that like the other Area Guides it would contain all services within the town.

It was only when I got home that I realised that it only actually contained details of services to the South side of town such as the 1, 2 74, 825 etc. There were no timetables in it for other services such as the 5, 432/3. 12 etc, although these routes are actually shown on the Network Map inside.

Therefore does anybody know if this leaflet had an error in it and should have contained all services. Or, in fact are there several Timetable leaflets for Stafford? If it is the latter case and there are several different leaflets then there is absolutely no indication given of that either on the cover or inside!

Perhaps I picked up a rogue copy. Otherwise I feel that it should be made less confusing to passengers that the guide either only contains a few services, or that there are other guides available.

KarlX96

Quote from: D10 on September 01, 2013, 11:24:07 AM
I was very briefly at Stafford Rail Station yesterday, and just had time between trains to go an pick up Timetables from the Arriva stand by the Ticket Counters.

I saw that it was full of "Stafford Area Bus Guide" leaflets and so picked one up and then went to catch my onward train. I perhaps naively assumed that like the other Area Guides it would contain all services within the town.

It was only when I got home that I realised that it only actually contained details of services to the South side of town such as the 1, 2 74, 825 etc. There were no timetables in it for other services such as the 5, 432/3. 12 etc, although these routes are actually shown on the Network Map inside.

Therefore does anybody know if this leaflet had an error in it and should have contained all services. Or, in fact are there several Timetable leaflets for Stafford? If it is the latter case and there are several different leaflets then there is absolutely no indication given of that either on the cover or inside!

Perhaps I picked up a rogue copy. Otherwise I feel that it should be made less confusing to passengers that the guide either only contains a few services, or that there are other guides available.

Hi D10
I know that Arriva produced individual timetable leaflets for each Stafford routes. Although some of them May be in booklet forms. Does it actually say on the front the operator name, as I know that D&G also operate services in the Stafford area now so it may be their booklet as they do produce a timetable booklet.

D10

Thanks for your comments KarlX96

In the couple of years since I posted this, I think that Arriva have gone back fully to their individual leaflets in Stafford, although I haven't been there since the major service changes a few months back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk