News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Centenary Square Extension.

Started by RW, July 23, 2013, 06:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Keep picking up on snippets of information regarding a further extension of the BCCE up into Centenary Square. Does anyone know if any design work has been done or is it just an aspiration at this point in time? Is any funding available? Timescales?

Kevin

Thought it had been an aspiration for years, along with the extension up Broad Street to Five Ways (which appears to have gone very quiet)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

I'm sure I read somewhere that the original plan was to extend the Metro to New Street and then onto Five Ways via Broad Street, but the costs would have been too prohibitive. So the plan was revised to extend it to New Street only, which is costing enough as it is!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Just out of interest,  I was in stephenson place the other day and the Ladies toilets,  which I thought closed recently permanently,  have had a new sign put up with a disabled logo on as well. In blue and white. The gents still have the old birmingham city council 'Gentlemen & father and baby room' sign on them ( which takes the piss cos the bloody thing has been closed since 2008!!'. Are they planning to reopen them??? Theyre needed! Unless u want to use a crap superloo lol

Tony

Quote from: bob on July 27, 2013, 03:19:46 PM
Just out of interest,  I was in stephenson place the other day and the Ladies toilets,  which I thought closed recently permanently,  have had a new sign put up with a disabled logo on as well. In blue and white. The gents still have the old birmingham city council 'Gentlemen & father and baby room' sign on them ( which takes the **** cos the bloody thing has been closed since 2008!!'. Are they planning to reopen them??? Theyre needed! Unless u want to use a crap superloo lol

Some new toilets have just been put inside the Pallasades. If you go up the ramp, straight past the side of eat for less heading for the new access to New Street Station they are on the right hand side. They appear to be free at the moment

Bob

Yes ive used them tony. But as I say a new sign has been put on the ladies under the ramp.  I thought it was bad they had the ladies for years but kept the gents closed with an out of order sign on them. How can a loo be out of order for five years lol

RW

Unbelievable that posters are actually using a Midland Metro thread to discuss public conveniences. Surely you are on the wrong site for discussions of this nature. If you're not then I must be when it comes to serious questions regarding Midland Metro matters!

the trainbasher

Some of these threads on here have a flash in the pan attempt at keeping on topic before they loo-se track!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Stephenson place is on the metro extension and if there werent public toilets located near to transport stops/links we'd drown in piss. Get over yourself ffs lol

Bob

And 'conveniences'? How old are you lol were not in the 70s

RW

Hmmm 'hit' and 'nerve' are words that come to mind. Oh, and my or anyone elses age is of interest to you because........? That definitely needs a thread of its own. Anyway back to Centenary Square Extension......

Liverpool Street

Quote from: bob on July 28, 2013, 05:27:21 PM
And 'conveniences'? How old are you lol were not in the 70s

Hahaha!! Too funny!!

--

And I saw blue prints/some sort of detailed marketing somewhere of the Five Ways extension when the metro was getting built originally as it was a request of a friend of mine who lives in the flats opposite No.1 Hagley Road right on the island. I'll see what I can find but can't guarantee anything, that's if I've got the hard drive of that ancient PC..
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Bob

'Unbelievable that posters are using a page about midland metro.....etc'. You havent hit a nerve at all I just think you sound a bit sad and need to stop taking yourself/things so seriously. Anal retention was what came to mind to me.....

RW

Now that you've raised the matter we could probably have a very interesting discussion regarding Freudian psychoanalysis but after my original point it wouldn't be appropriate for this thread!

Bob

Yea, best to leave you appalled that public toilets on the tram route to centenary square have been mentioned on a post about a tram extension to centenary square :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk