News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

2163 on 1 but 20/A still double deck

JoNi

2144 has appeared on 20 but rest still seemingly double deck.

ellspurs

Quote from: JoNi on July 06, 2020, 03:10:47 PM
2144 has appeared on 20 but rest still seemingly double deck.

The option for the 20/A to be double deck will be there until they reinstate and integrate the 20B into the run, right?

ellspurs

And speaking of that...

https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/news/route-20-20a-20c-timetable-increases-from-19th-july-2020
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/more-changes-announced-coventrys-bus-18599211 (why it needs a whole news article devoted to it I'll never know)

The 20A/C timetables that are linked on the NXC website have 20B timings listed on them, even though neither article mentions that the 20B is being reinstated.

And, if the 20B is being reinstated, does this mean all 20/A/B/C are back to single deckers?

Adam 404

Quote from: ellspurs on July 15, 2020, 06:08:36 PM
And speaking of that...

https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/news/route-20-20a-20c-timetable-increases-from-19th-july-2020
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/more-changes-announced-coventrys-bus-18599211 (why it needs a whole news article devoted to it I'll never know)

The 20A/C timetables that are linked on the NXC website have 20B timings listed on them, even though neither article mentions that the 20B is being reinstated.

And, if the 20B is being reinstated, does this mean all 20/A/B/C are back to single deckers?
There is no 20B running still.

JoNi

Buses on new timetable for 20/A/B/C seemingly interwork resulting most buses going under low bridge in Oban Road so looks like days of double deckers to Bedworth are numbered except possibly Sundays. This over bussing and failure to take the opportunity of co ordination with Stagecoach epitomises the sham that the West Midlands Bus Alliance is.

JoNi

The timetable on website has changed with no service to Oban Road so I take back my comments about removal of double deckers from the 20!

Quote from: JoNi on July 16, 2020, 09:13:05 AM
Buses on new timetable for 20/A/B/C seemingly interwork resulting most buses going under low bridge in Oban Road so looks like days of double deckers to Bedworth are numbered except possibly Sundays. This over bussing and failure to take the opportunity of co ordination with Stagecoach epitomises the sham that the West Midlands Bus Alliance is.

ellspurs

Quote from: JoNi on July 16, 2020, 11:02:01 AM
The timetable on website has changed with no service to Oban Road so I take back my comments about removal of double deckers from the 20!

Yea, my comments were based on the (now removed) timetable, which I did think was a bit weird as there was no date printed on it.

windy miller

Can I assume that as the majority of the new E buses are in revenue service from YW
    the same can be said about the coventry allocation?.. presumably in use on the
     warwick Leamington services ?  Or maybe not the UNI under the circumstances... Ta
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Quote from: windy miller on July 17, 2020, 10:03:43 PM
   Can I assume that as the majority of the new E buses are in revenue service from YW
     warwick Leamington services ?  Or maybe not the UNI under the circumstances... Ta
It's been said for ages that they are for the 9/9A. So don't think this is to do with any current circumstances.
It was never said they are for the 11/12X.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: windy miller on July 17, 2020, 10:03:43 PM

They've only had three delivered so far.

windy miller

Thanks for the info guys  I have no idea where the No 9 service runs but I imagine
   they will run via pool meadow.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Ian Hardy

Quote from: windy miller on July 19, 2020, 04:56:34 PM
  Thanks for the info guys  I have no idea where the No 9 service runs but I imagine
   they will run via pool meadow.

Yes it does run via Pool Meadow - towards Green Lane / Wainbody stop J and towards University Hospital stop P

There is a map on the route here:
=&tab=]https://nxbus.co.uk/routes/coventry/C009/?timetable[day]=&tab=

paulb1973

From my own notes Route 9 towards Leasowes Avenue runs along these roads:

Walsgrave (University Hospital), Clifford Bridge Road, Ansty Road, Walsgrave Road, Sky Blue Way, Gosford Street, Cox Street, Fairfax Street, Priory Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station, Hales Street, Trinity Street, Ironmonger Row, Cross Cheaping, The Burges, Corporation Street, Queen Victoria Road, Greyfriars Road, Warwick Road, Eaton Road, Station Square, Coventry Railway Station, Station Square, Park Road, Manor Road, Stoney Road, Humphrey Burton's Road, Leamington Road, St Martin's Road, Hadleigh Road, Brentwood Avenue, Howes Lane, Green Lane, Kenpas Highway, Beanfield Avenue, Leasowes Avenue.

Route 9 towards University Hospital:
Leasowes Avenue, Wainbody Avenue South, Kenpas Highway, Bathway Road, Green Lane, Howes Lane, Brentwood Avenue, Hadleigh Road, St Martin's Road, Leamington Road, Humphrey Burton's Road, Stoney Road, Manor Road, Park Road, Station Square, Coventry Railway Station, Station Square, Eaton Road, Warwick Road, New Union Street, Little Park Street, Earl Street, Jordan Well, Cox Street, Fairfax Street, Priory Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station, Priory Street, Fairfax Street, Cox Street, Gosford Street, Sky Blue Way, Walsgrave Road, Ansty Road, Clifford Bridge Road, Walsgrave (University Hospital).

Out via Corporation St and return via New Union St etc - is that still correct?

Lukeeee2018

The 9/9A goes via Corporation Street in both directions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk