News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: JPC on October 22, 2023, 12:00:54 PM7529 worked the 2315 to Coventry and presumably the non tracking return journey at 0020 arriving to Birmingham at 0122 - some sort of flaw causing some post midnight trips to not track on three nights of the week, something to do with the timetable being 'different' from the day before I guess?.
The timetable changed as of midnight this morning.

There's no longer a 0020 departure from Coventry. CV began operations with the new 0004 departure.

Presumably 7529 would have just run dead back to garage after finishing in Coventry Pool Meadow.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JPC

Quote from: Stu on October 22, 2023, 06:16:45 PMThe timetable changed as of midnight this morning.

There's no longer a 0020 departure from Coventry. CV began operations with the new 0004 departure.

Presumably 7529 would have just run dead back to garage after finishing in Coventry Pool Meadow.
Fair enough, I did hint previously that one or the other didn't need to run this morning, I don't have proof if BC ran the 0020 this morning but the journey was always missing from tracking over the past few months on three nights of the week, namely late night Fri, Sat and Sun, and as they were technically Sat, Sun and Mon morning the system was unable to assign the tracking to a trip on those days?.
I will look out to see if similar missing tracking occurs with the 0015 to Coventry this week.

Stu

Quote from: JPC on October 22, 2023, 07:38:31 PMFair enough, I did hint previously that one or the other didn't need to run this morning, I don't have proof if BC ran the 0020 this morning but the journey was always missing from tracking over the past few months on three nights of the week, namely late night Fri, Sat and Sun, and as they were technically Sat, Sun and Mon morning the system was unable to assign the tracking to a trip on those days?.
I will look out to see if similar missing tracking occurs with the 0015 to Coventry this week.
There is probably some kind of 'glitch' in the data somewhere, where a service schedule rolls over into the following day.
Or perhaps the driver is logging onto the wrong journey somehow.

CV's first trip on the X1 shows as trip 84 and was either 12 hours early or late, but did appear to depart from Pool Meadow at the new time of 00:04:
https://bustimes.org/services/x1-birmingham-coventry-via-airport/vehicles#journeys/493139133
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

spacecowboy150

Whats up with 4917? not seen service since last year (I checked vehicles away from home and not tracking)

Tony

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on November 08, 2023, 07:59:18 AMWhats up with 4917? not seen service since last year (I checked vehicles away from home and not tracking)
It's out almost every day

MasterPlan

I notice the new X22 destination displays for Bartley Green have via points on the front display but only Bartley Green in bigger font on the rear one. Is this a change that's going to happen across the board or an error?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 08, 2023, 05:23:24 PMI notice the new X22 destination displays for Bartley Green have via points on the front display but only Bartley Green in bigger font on the rear one. Is this a change that's going to happen across the board or an error?

It's actually always been like that (at least since NX started to do destinations in house). I have seen it on one or two rare occasions, before the route changes occured. It would definitely be useful to have.

There's also no stop announcements (and the stop announcements towards Birmingham are outdated).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on November 08, 2023, 10:09:14 PMIt's actually always been like that (at least since NX started to do destinations in house). I have seen it on one or two rare occasions, before the route changes occured. It would definitely be useful to have.

There's also no stop announcements (and the stop announcements towards Birmingham are outdated).
No it was like that previously on short working journeys.

But it would be the same on both sides.

The NSA always disappear when a destination display is changed as I think they are linked to it.

Also to be fair they've had erroneous NSA on a lot of buses for the Commonwealth Games for ages anyway.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

spacecowboy150

dw1308

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on November 09, 2023, 07:26:43 AMSorry I meant 4916
Probably still parked up in the garage awaiting some panels, I presume this is the case because it was there when I left for my weeks holiday

Tony

Quote from: dw1308 on November 09, 2023, 06:55:17 PMProbably still parked up in the garage awaiting some panels, I presume this is the case because it was there when I left for my weeks holiday
Needs a bit more than panels, but yes.

spacecowboy150

What revs are the BX13s limited to before changing gear?

dw1308

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on November 11, 2023, 08:01:36 PMWhat revs are the BX13s limited to before changing gear?
Some change about 1900RPM and some change at about 1700RPM I wouldn't say they are "limited" to any RPM just what the gearbox software decides is necessary for the load being put through it

Wba_lad

Does anyone know what the red and white gemeni is parked up in BC?

BBS

QuoteDoes anyone know what the red and white gemeni is parked up in BC?
It's 4658 Tony said it's parked at BC because of some engine swap 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk