News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry - Leamington for £3.70 return

Started by Justin Tyme, June 09, 2013, 04:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Tyme

I decided to try out Stagecoach X15/X18 from Coventry to Leamington and back on Saturday - a high speed double deck run along the A46.

I was surprised to find the fare was only £3.70 (adult) return.  For the record I had Tridents both ways rather than the Scanias I was hoping for, and delays at the Stratford end affected timekeeping,  but it was well worth the money! 

Tony

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 09, 2013, 04:26:29 PM
I decided to try out Stagecoach X15/X18 from Coventry to Leamington and back on Saturday - a high speed double deck run along the A46.

I was surprised to find the fare was only £3.70 (adult) return.  For the record I had Tridents both ways rather than the Scanias I was hoping for, and delays at the Stratford end affected timekeeping,  but it was well worth the money!

A very similar price to a NX Coventry daysaver also valid from Coventry to Leamington Spa but on a slower route. Might explain where Stagecoach get their price from though

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Tony on June 09, 2013, 05:44:37 PM
Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 09, 2013, 04:26:29 PM

A very similar price to a NX Coventry daysaver also valid from Coventry to Leamington Spa but on a slower route. Might explain where Stagecoach get their price from though

That must be the reason.  Thanks Tony.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk