News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry bus Changes on the 9 June

Started by 6013, May 14, 2013, 10:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on May 27, 2013, 05:00:40 PM
Well this is worth a look just for it's comic value...

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/residents-petition-leads-new-allesley-4019540

A very confused article to say the least - what's the 23 (from 9th June, currently service 2) got to do with the 360/801?! You'd never have known route 23 ran City - Allesley Park from 1959 until February 2012, it makes it sound as if the area is getting its first ever service! That Councillor gets his face everywhere.

JoNi

A leaflet has appeared in NXC buses advertising the changes to routes 2,3, 3A and 7 from 9th June. It has maps of Cheylesmore and Toll Bar End/Whitley.

It claims the evening service on 23 to Allesley Park is improved to every 30 minutes but the timetable states its hourly!

Valandil

I have noticed that there is a new bus shelter at Cannon Park at the layby often used by de Courcey, on the opposite side of the road to the current bus shelter.
I can only think that this would mean that services would no longer operate via the loop in one direction.
Though I am not sure what might happen with regard to the other bus stop at Cannon Park, the one on the side closest to the university.
Possibly there has been confusion between the two 18a's, 47's and 87's, and probably anticipated confusion over 360a/c, especially since often these are timetabled to arrive within minutes of each other.

JPC

NXC will certainly not go around the Cannon Park loop anti-clockwise unless something like traffic lights or a mini roundabout is installed at the difficult Shultern Lane to Lynchgate Road right hand turn.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk