News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Leicester deckers

Started by John, April 26, 2013, 01:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leepenfold30

ALX400s are they going to another depot or Withdrawning them
I remember Thurmaston had Lowlanders before 5 Years ago when they had branding for 126/127 route

It be good for Thurmaston to get Lowlanders after 5 Year absence I wonder if they go on 104 158

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on February 28, 2014, 10:20:47 AM
Thats good news for passengers then. Although aren't they exactly same chassis so in theory should be just as unreliable lol? The seating in the alx ones isdaft downstairs isnt it? I wonder if they'll get rid of wednesfields too at the same time..they dont really need deckers...

Tbh I wold keep the two ELC Tridents then get rid of the ALX400 DAF's

Tony

Quote from: leepenfold30 on February 28, 2014, 03:10:15 PM
I remember Thurmaston had Lowlanders before 5 Years ago when they had branding for 126/127 route

It be good for Thurmaston to get Lowlanders after 5 Year absence I wonder if they go on 104 158

Aren't the Lowlanders due to go to Arriva Cymru?

Bob

The tridents have got the worst legroom ive ever seen lol. And jesus ugly or what lol

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on February 28, 2014, 06:51:44 PM
The tridents have got the worst legroom ive ever seen lol. And jesus ugly or what lol

But certainly some of the fastest tridents I have rode. Especially 4854 which was mega fast on the 19 this afternoon (Surprisingly OK load).  But have to agree about the terrible legroom ;)

Bob

A decent load must be a rare thing on it though

stuartn

Quote from: Tony on February 28, 2014, 06:39:52 PM
Quote from: leepenfold30 on February 28, 2014, 03:10:15 PM

Aren't the Lowlanders due to go to Arriva Cymru?

Tony, 4701-4716 are going to Arriva Cymru but some are going to Thurmaston and (I think) other areas of Arriva Midlands.

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on February 28, 2014, 07:09:59 PM
A decent load must be a rare thing on it though

Not really,a common sight during rush hour into Wolves at least. And I saw a almost full ALX400 upstairs and down about 3PM this afternoon on the school run. There are a lot of people from my school who use the 19

Bob

Not for much longer lol. Out if interest lowlanders going to other areas of arriva midlands? ??

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on March 01, 2014, 02:14:33 AM
Not for much longer lol. Out if interest lowlanders going to other areas of arriva midlands? ??

Will just mean the 89 will become jam packed o the brim once again I the afternoons

Bob

Oh well it was always busier than the 19 anyway.  I wonder if Wednesfield will receive some lowlandersto waste on their empty services lol

arrivaaston

The lowlanders 4701-4716 are going to Arriva Wrexham, and I'd imagine the remaining lowlanders will head to Thurmaston and be swapped with the wright eclipse gemminis?

stuartn

Thurmaston depot are keeping all their pulsar geminis as South Wigston depot are due some new buses to replace the lowlanders.

The remaining lowlanders should transfer to Thurmaston to replace their Alx400's.

arrivaaston

Then more alx400's to hose then, I wouldn't of thought they'd scrap as they've only recently been refurbished, especially the W/8/Y reg ones unless other regions of Arriva are going to be getting them

Trident 4609

Quote from: arrivaaston on March 04, 2014, 06:20:07 PM
Then more alx400's to hose then, I wouldn't of thought they'd scrap as they've only recently been refurbished, especially the W/8/Y reg ones unless other regions of Arriva are going to be getting them

Probably Wednesfield knowing Arriva for their empty routes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk