News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Leicester deckers

Started by John, April 26, 2013, 01:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

New out in service is 4795

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73096525@N02/8680581193/

Are all of the new ex-London DAF deckers going to Leicester too?

Would be nice to see them elsewhere rather than the majority of them in Leicester

I know drivers don't like them, and the downstairs layout on the S-JUAs and T-FGNs are not good. These newer ones are laid out differently downstairs, with the stairs at the front, and not in the middle like the earlier DAFs.

Bob

Pity Cannock cant have any they're loads better, mind you they wouldnt get maintained properly,  FT06 ZTE sounds knackered now :(

John

Wasn't the 19 at Wednesfield rumoured to get deckers after the changes this weekend

Bob

Yea what a waste the current 19 doesnt fill a solo and the 560 isnt particularly busy so why use deckers

arrivaaston

Still not as good as the Lowlanders

John

Just read on flickr that some Ex-London Daf Deckers are due back at Wednesfield when 'Sapphire' launces, whatever that is? See comments on this picture

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73096525@N02/8706250735/in/photostream/

Bob

Are arriva stupid they dont need deckers there none of the routes half fill an mpd! Cannock needs tgem more than wednesfield.

derningtona

Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

John

Quote from: derningtona on May 04, 2013, 07:50:57 PM
Here is a good article on "Sapphire"

http://thebuspeople.co.uk/?p=1957

Thanks for that.

It says for Leicester,

Route 31/31A Oadby to Leicester (Summer 2013):
10 refurbished Wrightbus Gemini double deckers

I wonder why this is the reason 4001-4010 were re registered to Northern Ireland plates, as Tony reported a few months ago. It does seem a coincidence.

Bob

Hahahaha I knew that somethin like that wouldnt b wasted on wednesfield lol

BU07 LGO

Basically just arrivas version of stagecoahc gold, i rekon arriva could steal NXWM passengers if they offered a reliable sapphire type service on some reoutes like 900 or x51

Kevin_Brum12

Given the travails of London Midland, and the number of well-heeled people along the corridor the 112 would have been the perfect proving ground for the Sapphire service especially if it was made non-stop from The Yenton onwards...instead they curtail the route to Sutton Coldfield - Lichfield and will probably use some tatty Darts or London cast-offs on it to kill whatever market their was!

John

bwsau cymru

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 05, 2013, 12:59:30 AM
Basically just arrivas version of stagecoahc gold, i rekon arriva could steal NXWM passengers if they offered a reliable sapphire type service on some reoutes like 900 or x51

Its a brilliant service!! went on it for the first time last week and I was amazed at the quality of the refurbishment! and to have power sockets and wifi was ace, even charged my phone for a while. Its what I believe all buses should be like. And yes I think it would win customers over if they charged a good fare and put buses to those standard on the X51, the X51 is rammed with business people that want a smart bus. Nx do provide this a lot of the time but what an off put when a battered Y reg trident turns up!
campaigning for better transport for all

Bob

Can you really see arriva daring to have a go on the x51??? Lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk