News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Just seen the 63 turning left before Saintsbury's in Selly Oak towards the City Centre
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

There was a RTA at Clock Garage at 5AM this morning, police closed of Coleshill Road and Bradford Road, someone has hit a tree and died apparently. Waited for a 94 this morning, 4280 finally turned up over an hour later at 07:27.
94, 70 and 72 are diverted, normal line of route to the Hunters Moon, Coleshill Road, Heath Way, School Lane, Bradford Road, normal line of route to Chelmsley Wood. 70 is being diverted via The Green.
Buses are picking up and dropping of passenger and the stops on the diversion.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/man-suffers-serious-head-injuries-12893962
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Newhall Street closed due to burst water mains apparently. Affecting the 101.

My bus this morning had been diverted along George Street, then basically following the 83/89 to Colmore Row, except turning at St. Chads to get into city via Livery Street.

My driver was unaware of the diversion; I'd like to imagine other buses will have now been diverted via Newhall Hill as George Street was quite tight.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: clayderman on April 19, 2017, 12:24:02 PM

My bus this morning had been diverted along George Street, then basically following the 83/89 to Colmore Row, except turning at St. Chads to get into city via Livery Street.

My driver was unaware of the diversion; I'd like to imagine other buses will have now been diverted via Newhall Hill as George Street was quite tight.
Saw 4821 on the 101 enter the City Centre, via Great Charles Street Queensway and Livery Street yesterday afternoon.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Quote from: 2206 on April 19, 2017, 12:26:18 PM
Saw 4821 on the 101 enter the City Centre, via Great Charles Street Queensway and Livery Street yesterday afternoon.
Coincidentally, 4821 was my bus this morning! :P

Jack

What's up with the Walsall Road? 4866 just passed me on Beeches Road heading towards the City on a 51.

Tony

Quote from: Jack B on April 24, 2017, 03:15:55 PM
What's up with the Walsall Road? 4866 just passed me on Beeches Road heading towards Walsall on a 51.
Idiots double parking opposite the U-turn blocking the road

John

Broken down bus at the Birchfield Road/Trinity Road junction into City meaning 33/51/52 are using the flyover after Perry Barr to Six ways missing the three stops in-between

Michael Bevan

Quote from: John on April 24, 2017, 06:43:58 PM
Broken down bus at the Birchfield Road/Trinity Road junction into City meaning 33/51/52 are using the flyover after Perry Barr to Six ways missing the three stops in-between

4239 was the broken down vehicle on the 52.

Jack

Quote from: Tony on April 24, 2017, 06:18:45 PM
Idiots double parking opposite the U-turn blocking the road
Not surprised, happens all the time.

CL

Quote from: clayderman on April 19, 2017, 12:24:02 PM

It would appear that Newhall Street has opened now, albeit merging traffic into one lane. My bus home (4828) was back on its normal route from city centre; buses into city still seem to be on diversion. 4799 (with its displays set on Handsworth, whilst city-bound) turned left onto Newhall Hill, right in front of 4828.

Would've made for a brilliant photo opportunity; two 101s with the same set destination turning the complete opposite way of each other! :P

j789

Due to an accident on Harborne park Road, near Harborne high street, the 11 A/C were diverted this evening. I was driving my car and met an 11A on Albert Road which was a very tight squeeze, not sure if another diversion route was in place as there is no way you'd get two buses passing each other on that road. I think there was an NXWM inspector on St. Peter's Road though so maybe that was the route!!! Possibly the first time a West Mids bus has been up Albert Road!

Mike K

Quote from: j789 on May 05, 2017, 08:26:35 PM
Due to an accident on Harborne park Road, near Harborne high street, the 11 A/C were diverted this evening. I was driving my car and met an 11A on Albert Road which was a very tight squeeze, not sure if another diversion route was in place as there is no way you'd get two buses passing each other on that road. I think there was an NXWM inspector on St. Peter's Road though so maybe that was the route!!! Possibly the first time a West Mids bus has been up Albert Road!

Wow that is impressive - never seen a bus along Albert Rd or St Peter's Rd before. St Peter's Rd can be a pain in the backside by car due to parking on both sides of the road. Planned diversions missing out Harborne Park Rd would normally be War Lane, Northfield Rd and Quinton Rd.

j789

Quote from: Mike K on May 05, 2017, 11:46:52 PM
Wow that is impressive - never seen a bus along Albert Rd or St Peter's Rd before. St Peter's Rd can be a pain in the backside by car due to parking on both sides of the road. Planned diversions missing out Harborne Park Rd would normally be War Lane, Northfield Rd and Quinton Rd.

Yes that is true, I think the accident only just happened though as the police were shutting the road, driver probably thought he would risk it up Albert Rd to reduce stops missed out (good driver in my opinion, probably not in managements eyes!) Another diversion could have been down the high street and right turn into Vivian rd and back up to Harborne park rd.

Jack D

Is there a diversion around Chelmsley wood. As the interchange is closed because of a fire.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk