News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Routes

Started by Trident 4609, April 07, 2013, 09:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

I was wondering when the 560 is withdrawn and 19 extended to Wolverhampton Will it serve New Cross Hospital Grounds or go past the front gates (Like the 560). Also will it do a loop of Wolverhampton City Centre or stop in the Bus station.

Will the 19 be timed to operate a combined 15 min frequency between Bloxwich and Wolverhampton with the 89 as with current timetable on the 560 means it is just behind the 89, the 560 runs empty most of the time and the 89 picks all the passenger up!

I read on here that Wednesfield are gaining more ALX400 DAF DB250LF from Thurmaston? (I think) for the 19 service. Will the 19 service really need double-deckers?

covlad27

Hopefully if its times right then yes deckers would be great

Westy

According to a new NWM New Cross leaflet I picked up today, it does go into the hospital site.

Bob

Deckers? But the 560 is dead what makes them think theyll need deckers

Westy

Is the new 19 going to be the 'flagship' route of Wednesfield depot?

They have put deckers on the current 19, but most of the time, its singles plus an odd Solo.

Bob

Flagship with V reg deckers sounds about right for them

Westy

Quote from: bob on April 20, 2013, 10:20:30 AM

As long as they are low floor, I doubt Joe Public will notice.

Any chance of Arriva doing a 'Black Country Bus Guide' to promote, seeing they did one for Walsall a couple of years or so ago?

(In fact, do one covering the South Staffs & Black Country combined!)

Bob

I dunno id imagine joe public would notice the difference between say a nx t reg spectra and an enviro 400/b7l gemini?

John

Quote from: bob on April 20, 2013, 11:48:29 AM
I dunno id imagine joe public would notice the difference between say a nx t reg spectra and an enviro 400/b7l gemini?

Maybe, but I don't think they are bothered with the difference as long as the bus gets them from A to B.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Westy on April 20, 2013, 11:35:57 AM
Quote from: bob on April 20, 2013, 10:20:30 AM

As long as they are low floor, I doubt Joe Public will notice.

Any chance of Arriva doing a 'Black Country Bus Guide' to promote, seeing they did one for Walsall a couple of years or so ago?

(In fact, do one covering the South Staffs & Black Country combined!)

Arriva did do a Walsall service guide when they started the new services such as 8A etc. guide would be brilliant and also noticed that there was an arriva inspector at Walsall bus station, sounds like a good step forward!
campaigning for better transport for all

Westy

Wheres the online timetable?

Who do they think they are?

NWM !

Trident 4609

The timetable for the 19 has appeared on bus stops in wednesfield

NXWM Spectra

Seen an old ALX200 Dart and a Marshall Dart and A SOLO on there today. Obviously not very optimistic.

Bob

So for a brand new service they put possibly some of the very worst wrecks of their entire fleet ( 99.9% of wednesfielss fleet bar enviros are wrecks but p942 ems is poss one of the vilest) ....Arriva really know how to launch a service. Shocking...

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on April 29, 2013, 04:25:13 PM
Seen an old ALX200 Dart and a Marshall Dart and A SOLO on there today. Obviously not very optimistic.

I saw 4778 as well along with 2129 and some MPD's. Same allocation as before just more buses needed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk