News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 26, 2014, 03:36:20 PM
Any piccies?

Looking at the ones on Model Bus Zone, they are on the large side, but it does look a very good model. Should get mine tomorrow

http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/ooc/sd/om460/img/om46704b_1.jpg
http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/ooc/sd/om460/img/om46704b_2.jpg

Liverpool Street

Are the passenger doors inside out?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

It irks me how OOC uses the FlipDot fonts on the LED Displays!  >:( Why is it always that the prototypes look better?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: John on May 23, 2014, 09:38:36 AM
Quote from: filbus1 on May 02, 2014, 01:42:08 PM
For anyone who is interested the OOC  NXWM Wright Eclipse is to be released in the week commencing 19th May.

It has now been released. Ordered mine last night, along with the Metroline NBFL

Ian Allan has loads of them if anyone wants to get one

CL

Quote from: John on May 28, 2014, 05:35:11 PM
Quote from: John on May 23, 2014, 09:38:36 AM
Quote from: filbus1 on May 02, 2014, 01:42:08 PM
For anyone who is interested the OOC  NXWM Wright Eclipse is to be released in the week commencing 19th May.

It has now been released. Ordered mine last night, along with the Metroline NBFL

Ian Allan has loads of them if anyone wants to get one

I'll have a look tomorrow - Are they any good? Price-wise, are they at the Recommended Retail Price? (£36.99) I had requested to Corgi that they'd make one, but of a BC one on preferably service 29/29A or 98

EDIT: I'd requested it way before it had been announced anywhere btw. Anyway, still looking forward to the (still overdue) Scania & the E400s - Definitely getting the Hybrid on the 24! (Only if I get enough money) - any news on them? Also, a new model's been released in Hong Kong.

John

Quote from: clayderman on June 01, 2014, 02:13:26 PM
I'll have a look tomorrow - Are they any good? Price-wise, are they at the Recommended Retail Price? (£36.99) I had requested to Corgi that they'd make one, but of a BC one on preferably service 29/29A or 98

Yes, they are £36.99. They had both destinations when I looked

karl724223

CL

Quote from: karl724223 on June 01, 2014, 03:24:24 PM
Ywbc charging £27

I'm sure they're only online. It's ashame! I'm not much of a fan of internet shopping... I hate waiting for the post to arrive, and I get disappointed if it's not too prompt, I can only handle 2 days of waiting! ::)

filbus1

Quote from: clayderman on June 01, 2014, 07:14:37 PM
Quote from: karl724223 on June 01, 2014, 03:24:24 PM
Ywbc charging £27

I'm sure they're only online. It's ashame! I'm not much of a fan of internet shopping... I hate waiting for the post to arrive, and I get disappointed if it's not too prompt, I can only handle 2 days of waiting! ::)
YWBC not only on line, they do rallies at Wythall bus museum and Aston Manor plus many others. Also they do mail order from the address on their adverts in Buses mag, but only take cash/cheques for payment. unfortunately Pete the boss is on holiday until 13th June so no orders will be processed until then.

Niall

My 2068 model came yesterday, I've stuck a few pics on my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/101550299@N05/
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

CL

@N94 Those shots of the bus looks stunning! :) Also, I like the pictures of 819 on the 83.

@John I did go to see the B7RLE Models on Monday, unfortunately there was only three left, all going to Dudley. I guess they're selling quickly!

CL

Ian Allen had a few more NXWM B7RLEs today. Now more variety... Also, they have some more WM Buses there, old and relatively modern (Toothpaste liveries. Hoping to pick one up!) In other news, The Unofficial OOC Site has confirmed the NX Dundee B7RLE Models are due for release near 13th Spetember...

TinnedPeaches

I noticed a fair few older TWM OOC models in the Ian Allen shop when I popped in last week too. What horrified me though was the price they were selling some of the older models for! It's no wonder people are giving up collecting. If you don't have the option to trawl the internet looking for bargains there's little to no competition for model collectors on the High Street any more. Such a shame.

CL

I feel model shop mottos have changed to 'Go big or go home' - Modelzone in WHSmiths is a right letdown. The only model buses there are a dual pack routemaster set, for about £14.99 if i'm correct. Bargain, but very cheap compared to Ian Allen. Still, no competition in the collecting hobby means more older/limited editions for me! lol. I don't get them very often though, out of my price range...

Also, still waiting for the TWM Scania Omnicity. At this rate, they'd be bound to change the livery of the model, like the real one! (of 4780)

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on July 28, 2014, 09:27:38 PM
I feel model shop mottos have changed to 'Go big or go home' - Modelzone in WHSmiths is a right letdown. The only model buses there are a dual pack routemaster set, for about £14.99 if i'm correct. Bargain, but very cheap compared to Ian Allen. Still, no competition in the collecting hobby means more older/limited editions for me! lol. I don't get them very often though, out of my price range...

Also, still waiting for the TWM Scania Omnicity. At this rate, they'd be bound to change the livery of the model, like the real one! (of 4780)

Plenty of competition if you want them cheaper look for Yardley Wood Bus Club

http://ywbc.co.uk/bus/

Generally a lot cheaper than the shops, get them mail order, or in some instances they can arrange for them to be picked up at the NXWM Pavillions travelshop

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk