News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on December 09, 2013, 10:47:04 PM
Whilst poking 'round the net for a new display picture, (an Enviro 400) I stumbled upon this... It's an 1/24 scale model of the vehicle. Not NX, but the resemblance is uncanny, nontheless! The pic is followed by many more buses to this scale, the last, my favourite... (A 1:24 scale MCW Metrobus in CMB livery and working blinds)

http://www.cybermodelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26

Website doesn't work for me but are those models Radio Controlled?

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 10, 2013, 02:11:12 PM
Quote from: John on December 09, 2013, 08:41:32 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 09, 2013, 08:33:13 PM
I do, Clayderman. I had one on order from CFS Model shop (Rednal, local) but the stock never came in. I asked for my £47 back for sure.

I feel the same about the Arriva Midlands X38 Optare Versa resin models I pre-ordered of TTC Diecast's website. They were out earlier this month, but have not heard off them. I only had to pay a penny to register my debit card but don't think I will ever see them  >:(

TTC diecast seem pretty decent usually, have you emailed them? and ive finally got every Enviro 400 model ever released :D

With my brief dealings with TTC, I've never had a problem. But saying that I've never pre-ordered from them so that could distigush a difference.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 10, 2013, 03:51:24 PM
Quote from: clayderman on December 09, 2013, 10:47:04 PM
Whilst poking 'round the net for a new display picture, (an Enviro 400) I stumbled upon this... It's an 1/24 scale model of the vehicle. Not NX, but the resemblance is uncanny, nontheless! The pic is followed by many more buses to this scale, the last, my favourite... (A 1:24 scale MCW Metrobus in CMB livery and working blinds)

http://www.cybermodelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26

Website doesn't work for me but are those models Radio Controlled?

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 10, 2013, 02:11:12 PM
Quote from: John on December 09, 2013, 08:41:32 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 09, 2013, 08:33:13 PM
I do, Clayderman. I had one on order from CFS Model shop (Rednal, local) but the stock never came in. I asked for my £47 back for sure.

I feel the same about the Arriva Midlands X38 Optare Versa resin models I pre-ordered of TTC Diecast's website. They were out earlier this month, but have not heard off them. I only had to pay a penny to register my debit card but don't think I will ever see them  >:(

TTC diecast seem pretty decent usually, have you emailed them? and ive finally got every Enviro 400 model ever released :D

With my brief dealings with TTC, I've never had a problem. But saying that I've never pre-ordered from them so that could distigush a difference.

The model was on display... I don't think it is RC but the doors were open. (Manually opened doors, presumably...)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Mike K

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 10, 2013, 11:19:15 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Creative-Master-Alexander-Royale-Travel-WM-Bus-vehicle-PRO-WEATHERED-LOOK-OO-/400622245205?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5d46f25555

wonder how much they would want to weather one of my 4718 models?

There's a whole host of market opportunities there in their quest to add 'realism' to model buses. They could offer window etching, mis-matched or unpainted panels, even a badly applied vinyl wrap that's starting to come off. Bet they could never make a model of 4351 look as sh*t as the real thing though.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on December 10, 2013, 11:27:09 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 10, 2013, 11:19:15 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Creative-Master-Alexander-Royale-Travel-WM-Bus-vehicle-PRO-WEATHERED-LOOK-OO-/400622245205?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5d46f25555

wonder how much they would want to weather one of my 4718 models?

There's a whole host of market opportunities there in their quest to add 'realism' to model buses. They could offer window etching, mis-matched or unpainted panels, even a badly applied vinyl wrap that's starting to come off. Bet they could never make a model of 4351 look as sh*t as the real thing though.

Haha, you're not far wrong there Mike!!

I wonder how its done though? I expect its not real dirt but a lightly sprayed dark colour in all the right places. (Or in 4351's case, the wrong places)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

http://www.corgi.co.uk/search/?q=OM46701&utm_campaign=Corgi_Newsletter108_187226&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=CM_hornby-corgi

OOC Wright Eclipse 2's in Bournemouth's More livery is out now... on services M1 & M2 - And might i say, they look fab! I've seen this buses in real life before, and will probably pick on up, along with the NX 126E Model...

CL

Tony, have they started to produce the Scania Omnicity's yet?

BU07 LGO

Ive been speaking to Danny Chan's son, he said they're expected January

CL

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 14, 2013, 01:51:58 PM
Ive been speaking to Danny Chan's son, he said they're expected January

Oh, Okay... Thanks! ;D

CL

http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/ooc/

FULL PRODUCTION PICTURES OF 'More' FROM BOURNEMOUTH & POOLE.

Find: Confirmed Releases (Dated: 12 December)

BU07 LGO

Quote from: clayderman on December 17, 2013, 06:56:14 PM
http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/ooc/

FULL PRODUCTION PICTURES OF 'More' FROM BOURNEMOUTH & POOLE.

Find: Confirmed Releases (Dated: 12 December)

Looks like corgi are finally upping their game!

John

Went in Ian Allan today. They are selling a model that someone has painted themselves of 4780 on the 115, for £35. When I first saw it, I first thought it had been released, then I thought it was a pre-production model, but on closer inspection, it was a repaint of UKBUS9003 (YN08 OBP), the rear numberplate still read this. Quite a crude repaint, but not a bad attempt

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on December 21, 2013, 06:08:28 PM
Went in Ian Allan today. They are selling a model that someone has painted themselves of 4780 on the 115, for £35. When I first saw it, I first thought it had been released, then I thought it was a pre-production model, but on closer inspection, it was a repaint of UKBUS9003 (YN08 OBP), the rear numberplate still read this. Quite a crude repaint, but not a bad attempt

Im looking for ukbus9001 if you ever see it?

Thanks

CL

New NB4L Model from GoAhead London - to be set as a dual destination bus on route 11:

First one:  '11 to Fulham Broadway'
Second One: '11 to Liverpool Street'

Third bus in production to not feature a West End show on advertisement.

EDIT:
'11 to Liverpool Street' is the First of the Two variant - OM46610A
'11 to Fulham Broadway' is the second variant - OM46610B

Photo Credit to Corgi

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk