News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Mobico Group (formerly NX Group)

Started by winston, March 06, 2013, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

To be honest, I don't get why National Express don't just move all their fleets into a single fleet numbering system, similar to Stagecoach and First, as you've got TKF E400Cities (the ones on sublease for the Harry Potter contract to Mullanys) in the WM sequence, some of the NX coaches in the WM sequence, NEAT has its own sequence and then there's the mess that's the NETS sequence.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 12, 2023, 10:38:36 PMTo be honest, I don't get why National Express don't just move all their fleets into a single fleet numbering system, similar to Stagecoach and First, as you've got TKF E400Cities (the ones on sublease for the Harry Potter contract to Mullanys) in the WM sequence, some of the NX coaches in the WM sequence, NEAT has its own sequence and then there's the mess that's the NETS sequence.
You also have Woods at Wigston with NETS fleet numbers, then Woods NX coaches at Aston & Park Lane with WMT fleetnumbers, but Woods Aston NETS coaches have NETS fleet numbers.....
Numerous coaches still carry LA2** or SH2** fleet numbers as well as there WMT or NETS fleet numbers. 

BN

Quote from: winston on October 12, 2023, 11:09:43 PMYou also have Woods at Wigston with NETS fleet numbers, then Woods NX coaches at Aston & Park Lane with WMT fleetnumbers, but Woods Aston NETS coaches have NETS fleet numbers.....
Numerous coaches still carry LA2** or SH2** fleet numbers as well as there WMT or NETS fleet numbers.
Got 4986 here and even that carries EK09 as well

Rachvince53

Do you think further asset stripping will occur?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Rachvince53 on October 13, 2023, 04:05:06 PMDo you think further asset stripping will occur?
Could we see the sale of NATS or NEAT to help recover loses 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: Rachvince53 on October 13, 2023, 04:05:06 PMDo you think further asset stripping will occur?

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on October 13, 2023, 04:36:01 PMCould we see the sale of NATS or NEAT to help recover loses

I would think it more likely that the UK Bus division could be offloaded, especially if the new management can't turn around their fortunes. But really in the current climate, who would want to takeover NX West Midlands and Coventry?

Realistically, I think they'll sit tight and wait to see what happens with bus franchising here.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

QuoteI would think it more likely that the UK Bus division could be offloaded, especially if the new management can't turn around their fortunes. But really in the current climate, who would want to takeover NX West Midlands and Coventry?

Realistically, I think they'll sit tight and wait to see what happens with bus franchising here.
Before the purchase of Stagecoach by their current owners, i would have said them, as Souter always wanted NX Bus/operations in Brum.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: BN on October 13, 2023, 03:51:07 PMGot 4986 here and even that carries EK09 as well
TKF 49125 only carries EK12, it doesn't even carry its current fleetnumber.

Lucketts still number their coaches in their old format i.e. Worthing Coaches 55-60-55 instead of 5560, plus there's numerous existing Lucketts coaches displaying X560556 on the front & X5605 above the front windscreen.

Based on the mess that is the NETS fleet numbering, I'm assuming that is also why attempting to bring all day trip & holidays across NETS together under the 'Touromo' Brand has also failed miserably.

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 13, 2023, 06:26:09 PMBefore the purchase of Stagecoach by their current owners, i would have said them, as Souter always wanted NX Bus/operations in Brum.
If Stagecoach did still want a West Midlands based operation & a Birmingham depot, they could make an offer for Rotala Group.

Rather than sell their US School Bus operation at a time when it isn't very profitable, I think Mobico should consider a friendly merger with First Group, this would give Mobico the scale in UK Bus & First Group are also debt free.

Rachvince53

Quote from: winston on October 13, 2023, 06:34:25 PMTKF 49125 only carries EK12, it doesn't even carry its current fleetnumber.

Lucketts still number their coaches in their old format i.e. Worthing Coaches 55-60-55 instead of 5560, plus there's numerous existing Lucketts coaches displaying X560556 on the front & X5605 above the front windscreen.

Based on the mess that is the NETS fleet numbering, I'm assuming that is also why attempting to bring all day trip & holidays across NETS together under the 'Touromo' Brand has also failed miserably.
If Stagecoach did still want a West Midlands based operation & a Birmingham depot, they could make an offer for Rotala Group.
Rather than sell their US School Bus operation at a time when it isn't very profitable, I think Mobico should consider a friendly merger with First Group, this would give Mobico the scale in UK Bus & First Group are also debt free.
Wouldn't that be a problem with one of the rail franchises having Firstgroup involvement? 

winston

Quote from: Rachvince53 on October 13, 2023, 08:15:56 PMWouldn't that be a problem with one of the rail franchises having Firstgroup involvement?
Which rail franchises? 

busfan2847

Quote from: winston on October 13, 2023, 08:29:31 PMWhich rail franchises?
First operates four franchises – Avanti West Coast (70%), Great Western Railway (GWR), South Western Railway (SWR) (70%) and open access passenger service, Hull Trains.

winston

Quote from: busfan2847 on October 13, 2023, 09:08:16 PMFirst operates four franchises – Avanti West Coast (70%), Great Western Railway (GWR), South Western Railway (SWR) (70%) and open access passenger service, Hull Trains.

Yes, I know. But they're mostly just management contracts. 

I don't see where there would be an issue, unless you're referring to NX Coach routes & potential competition issues? 

Tony

Quote from: busfan2847 on October 13, 2023, 09:08:16 PMFirst operates four franchises – Avanti West Coast (70%), Great Western Railway (GWR), South Western Railway (SWR) (70%) and open access passenger service, Hull Trains.

And Open access Lumo

winston

The Cosmens have increased their stake in Mobico Group by +1% to 13.04%

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/news-article/MCG/holding-s-in-company/16240540

Interestingly, they're increasing their stake now, but chose not to take part in the 2020 Covid Placing at 230p, seems like a good move.... 

winston

Mobico senior executives have once again rattled the stock market by delaying FY results due to 'accounting judgments' in the German Rail business:
https://www.ft.com/content/f2730420-fbda-499c-ab4c-a64a36893f3a

Alex Jenson on UK bus & coach strategy:
https://www.route-one.net/news/data-and-investment-a-work-in-progress-for-national-express/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk