News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Fare List

Started by Ash, December 22, 2012, 05:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I've noticed diamond have introduced a £1 city hop ticket, but have no information on what the return fares will be on specific services they just say up to £3.40 which is not much use as normally the 4 and 301 offer cheaper fares.

http://www.diamondbuses.com/black/Latest-News/Fares-revisions-2013.aspx

D10

They are following NX's lead on the City Hop fare. This will be useful on the 16 with it's City Centre route, but can't imagine it will be get much use on Diamond's few remaining other City Centre services.

Tony

Quote from: D10 on December 22, 2012, 08:50:19 PM
They are following NX's lead on the City Hop fare. This will be useful on the 16 with it's City Centre route, but can't imagine it will be get much use on Diamond's few remaining other City Centre services.

The 10H will be the other useful one. Most popular on NX services up Broad Street

bwsau cymru

im personally disappointed that diamond are raising there daysaver to the same price as NXWM. I would of thought it would of made more sense to even be a few pence cheaper than nx to encourage passengers to only use diamond?
campaigning for better transport for all

Tomjusttom

anyone have any idea what the increase will be return wise for the 226??

Ash

How much is the return fare for diamonds 226 service at the moment is it the same as Hansons?

Tomjusttom

Diamond IIRC is £2.50 return

PM

The funny thing is D10 I watched a driver on the 50 a few months ago tell a woman they had a £1 hop fare and letting her on for that and not issuing a ticket! Im not making it up seriously-I could still identify the driver.

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on December 29, 2012, 06:11:47 PM
The funny thing is D10 I watched a driver on the 50 a few months ago tell a woman they had a £1 hop fare and letting her on for that and not issuing a ticket! Im not making it up seriously-I could still identify the driver.

That is common practice for any driver wanting to make his 'own profit' strange thing is Diamond are making the person redundant who goes around watching for this type of thing!

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tony on December 29, 2012, 06:31:14 PM

That is common practice for any driver wanting to make his 'own profit' strange thing is Diamond are making the person redundant who goes around watching for this type of thing!

I'm sure they'll be fine. They've got uniformed Inspectors on that route who are on the ball, making sure the +5/-1 is adhered to etc....  ::)

Tomjusttom

Quite useful as chips money :-) sometimes the excuse is "My ticket machine ain't working".

Thank goodness for vaults!!

PM

Quote from: Tony on December 29, 2012, 06:31:14 PM

Aha and are they really? I didnt want to report it as I didnt know whether that was an actual fare at the time although maybe I should have sone. Really though it shouldnt have to come down to members of the public ensuring drivers are honest should it?!! But how would the guy spot it anyway. I mean on the 50 for instance one one pound fare each journey is neither here nor there-theres no pattern that means you could work out if revenue is missing. The driver could just say there was a greenbus just ahead or something and anyway the drivers would be on their best behaviour when observed. The guy is an ex Thandi A-line driver who used to do the 63. His bus was J520 GCD the alexander dart. Tbf I want to stress this is an isolated incident which I have only seen once because I was sat on the front nearside of a centro. And do diamond have uniformed inspectors on the route?? Ive never seen one and I doubt theyd notice.

Discodave

They did once in my short stint at diamond he checked me no problems I was honest but he was a right b**stard cause was only one man also never seemed to catch the Poles being one himself I wonder why (not being racist it was fact)

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Peter123 on December 29, 2012, 06:46:29 PMI didnt want to report it as I didnt know whether that was an actual fare at the time although maybe I should have sone. Really though it shouldnt have to come down to members of the public ensuring drivers are honest should it?!!

There are (or were) procedures in place to eliminate fiddling. Public reports are one of them.

QuoteBut how would the guy spot it anyway. I mean on the 50 for instance one one pound fare each journey is neither here nor there-theres no pattern that means you could work out if revenue is missing.

You'd be surprised! One of their 'guys' is quite adept at it whilst sitting on the back seat apparently gawping out of the window or reading the paper....

QuoteAnd do diamond have uniformed inspectors on the route?? Ive never seen one and I doubt theyd notice.

Yes to the first question. Couldn't possibly comment on the rest.

Ash

Unless vaults are fitted or camera's fitted on the vehicle that are postitoned near to the driver cab for 'protection' but can also be used to monitor the driver it will not be eliminated one of the things I have saw is children or people paying child fare getting on board without waiting for a ticket of course no ticket was printed. I'm not saying the money was taken but a ticket should at least be printed, also it is possible to print a ticket out and then enter on the wayfarer machine that the ticket was printed by mistake and therefore it seems that no fare has been taken just wondered as normally NXWM drivers keep the misprinted ticket and attach it to their clipboard or whatever so they evidence of the misprinted ticket.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk