News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Solus Coaches

Started by BN, August 12, 2013, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Does anyone know the original reg of E200 'YUI 5568'?

Snapped it on the 62 in the week
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/53423689072/in/photostream/

Thanks

Tony

Quote from: John on December 31, 2023, 02:54:56 PMDoes anyone know the original reg of E200 'YUI 5568'?

Snapped it on the 62 in the week
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/53423689072/in/photostream/

Thanks
New as Abellio 8582 YX61 GBO

John

QuoteNew as Abellio 8582 YX61 GBO
Thanks Tony

solonightrider

I hear the BM coaches main man has pulled out of Solus already and its been passed on to a 'new' owner.

MW

Quote from: solonightrider on January 14, 2024, 10:43:52 PMI hear the BM coaches main man has pulled out of Solus already and its been passed on to a 'new' owner.

Looking at Companies House, the directors appointment has been terminated on 12th Jan, and a new director appointed on 5th Jan.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04127256/filing-history

IMarkeh

Quote from: MW on January 14, 2024, 11:51:33 PMLooking at Companies House, the directors appointment has been terminated on 12th Jan, and a new director appointed on 5th Jan.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04127256/filing-history
The address for the new director though is the same address that is used for BM coaches and Balasubramaniam Balashuresh (the guy who was terminated as a director on 12th Jan)  

Michael Bevan

Solus appear to have lost the Sunday 71/71A tender between Sutton Coldfield and Chelmsley Wood, with Stagecoach Midlands taking back over from this Sunday.

MW

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 29, 2024, 08:52:22 PMSolus appear to have lost the Sunday 71/71A tender between Sutton Coldfield and Chelmsley Wood, with Stagecoach Midlands taking back over from this Sunday.

The original contract went out for 105 weeks, until 01/11/25. I know that Solus were awarded on an Alternate basis, but it looks like they've chucked it in rather than the contract expiry. 

Can you confirm?

Rachvince53

Quote from: MW on February 29, 2024, 09:49:29 PMThe original contract went out for 105 weeks, until 01/11/25. I know that Solus were awarded on an Alternate basis, but it looks like they've chucked it in rather than the contract expiry.

Can you confirm?
Stagecoach have been awarded a temporary contract from 3rd March until 24 March 2024 while the contract for the Sunday service goes out for emergency tender.  (Info on TfWM timetable page)

Stu

Quote from: MW on February 29, 2024, 09:49:29 PMThe original contract went out for 105 weeks, until 01/11/25. I know that Solus were awarded on an Alternate basis, but it looks like they've chucked it in rather than the contract expiry.

I would guess that either Solus have handed the contract back, or TfWM have stripped it from them. 

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

solonightrider

i hear from a m8 of mine thats works here,  that Solus has been taken over again by another new arrangment of ownership as of 28th Feb. 

metrocity

Quote from: Stu on February 29, 2024, 10:58:15 PMI would guess that either Solus have handed the contract back, or TfWM have stripped it from them.

The new tender refers to performance issues, so most likely TfWM stripped it from them

solonightrider

Heard on the grapevine that Solus are supposedly changing their trading name,  and today ive seen at least 3 solus vehicles stripped of all solus identity that was previously liveried up. Aparantly Paul Churchman has been a naughty boy [again] and has resigned as the director of Solus and all his other interests too 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk