News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

time keeping

Started by suavegarv, November 16, 2012, 12:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suavegarv

I was stuck on a bus for ages tonight in digbeth because of horrendous traffic jams.When the bus eventually got through Bordesley Middleway,I was waiting for the driver fly down the Coventry Road through Small Heath all the way to the Wheatsheaf.Very disappointed because the driver just plodded along,even though he had lost at least 15 minutes in the jam.Why so slow I wonder?

JYW

Probably because 1, he wasn't going to make his time up so just didn't bother, 2, the slower he goes the later he will become and eventually will end up getting turned somewhere, therefore missing out parts of the journey or he may have been finishing not so long after and dragged his feet to claim overtime for finishing late! Plus he shouldn't be speeding anyway lol ;)

DC3

Majority of city running boards have extra time on journeys during peaks.

Valandil

As an outsider, I have been very surprised at how little layover is generally allocated in the West Midlands -- especially by National Express.
Routes -- even busy ones -- into city centres will typically only have say 3 or 4 minutes' layover.
Having so many 'through' services doesn't help this as well.

JIM C

MAYBE HE WANTS TO KEEP HIS DRIVING LICENCE CLEAN .

j_rp_wright

At peak times extra buses are added on routes to keep frequency and also to add extra time onto the running boards. Some time too much time so even onnce you get through the traffic your still early! As for layover buses are not allowed in bus stations for more than 5 minutes and also not allowed to clog up the city centre, most lay over is at out of city terminus.

JIM C

WE DONT HAVE THE LUXERY OF EXTRA BUSES AT PEAK TIME IN DUNDEE .WHEN WE RUN LATE WE GET TURNED ,CAUSING THE BUS BEHIND US TO GET EVEN LATER.

vinh1000

Quote from: j_rp_wright on December 07, 2012, 11:54:55 PM
At peak times extra buses are added on routes to keep frequency and also to add extra time onto the running boards. Some time too much time so even onnce you get through the traffic your still early! As for layover buses are not allowed in bus stations for more than 5 minutes and also not allowed to clog up the city centre, most lay over is at out of city terminus.
Really?
Thats interesting re the bus stations :D
Its like in Perry Barr drivers used to get up to 15 minutes layover and now they only get 10 on the 46 service
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk