News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Why do we need all these different Diamonds?

Started by Westy, December 01, 2012, 01:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

so much for decent buses at tividale more of long acres shitty nails why cant rotala just get rid of the midlands operations they never have a decent fleet renewal just various colour crap (really professional image not) all the new buses go to yourbus and wessex which make money

winston

Quote from: Discodave on December 21, 2012, 02:43:18 PM
so much for decent buses at tividale more of long acres shitty nails why cant rotala just get rid of the midlands operations they never have a decent fleet renewal just various colour crap (really professional image not) all the new buses go to yourbus and wessex which make money

Yourbus isn't owned by Rotala Plc, it was set up by Scott Dunn who was the MD for Rotala owned Diamond Bus Company at the time, he has since left Rotala Plc & took a few former Diamond Bus managers with him as well

Discodave

Thanks Winston thought it was rotala as I remember taking there very first buses down there from tividale and the press shoots setting up the operation many of the managers I got on well with too Steve Bryce was a good boss

winston

Quote from: Discodave on December 21, 2012, 08:32:16 PM
Thanks Winston thought it was rotala as I remember taking there very first buses down there from tividale and the press shoots setting up the operation many of the managers I got on well with too Steve Bryce was a good boss

I think the first Darts that were refurbished for the new Yourbus operation were done at Tividale / had the Diamond moquette etc. Diamond had also loaned Yourbus buses when they were short, it looked as though the was a link between Rotala & Yourbus at one point, but they may have been more to do with the fact that Scott Dunn was MD of Diamond. Steven Bryce is one of the managers that left Diamond with Scott, I think he now manages the Yourbus NX coach operation

Discodave

They were and was Petes as I drove them new I knew they were x reg but cant remember the other bit

winston

Quote from: Discodave on December 21, 2012, 09:01:57 PM
They were and was Petes as I drove them new I knew they were x reg but cant remember the other bit

The initial refurbished Darts that launched the Yourbus operation were from the KU52 batch new to Pete's Travel, which incidentally Rotala have recently bought off Ensign ex Yourbus

The launch photos are still on the Yourbus Facebook page and clearly show on some photos that they were taken at Diamond Tividale depot

Discodave

I walked behind one and stuck out my tongue must have scrapped that one might have broken the camera

Ash

Is this the new diamond livery now or is this blue diamond as on the new website it just has a blue bus similar to this one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photography_by_tom/8276093754/in/photostream

sconehead85

Discodave

Quote from: Ash on December 23, 2012, 09:41:38 PM
Is this the new diamond livery now or is this blue diamond as on the new website it just has a blue bus similar to this one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photography_by_tom/8276093754/in/photostream

Now its getting confusing blue buses in black diamond area what are they playing at does anyone have any idea one livery would be nice some buses look like this with just the diamond name but in black not stating like in the past blue, black or red I know its obvious really unless you have a colour sight problem

arrifirststage

any colour that results in the elimination of black MUST be an improvement.
The present livery appears to give a fleet of hearses.

Ash

Quote from: Discodave on December 21, 2012, 02:43:18 PM

Although seperate companies Your bus borrowed buses off diamond quite often seen here is a red diamond dart on a your bus service

http://www.flickr.com/photos/guy_arab_uf/5431764010/

Kevin

Perhaps showing how silly it can get... Just saw a red diamond on the 301 in Walsall. Can you get any further from the supposed "red diamond" operating area and yet still be on a diamond route in the midlands?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2013, 09:25:55 PM
Perhaps showing how silly it can get... Just saw a red diamond on the 301 in Walsall. Can you get any further from the supposed "red diamond" operating area and yet still be on a diamond route in the midlands?

Thats been some time since I saw a Red Diamond on the 301.

Ash

I think red diamond darts will occur less on black diamond services especially as most of them have been sold off only seem to see r405ffc/r530/2 YRP now and a few of the smaller red diamond darts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk