News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.N0056

Y263 KNB on the 56 today
also saw a red diamond elclipse in Sheldon heading towards birmingham this morning

PM

Tony's latest picture of 30445 with the nearside and presumably offside peeling advert removed makes it look a lot smarter. Do we think with a replacement panel as well that this could be next off for repaint?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 12, 2014, 10:02:14 PM
Tony's latest picture of 30445 with the nearside and presumably offside peeling advert removed makes it look a lot smarter. Do we think with a replacement panel as well that this could be next off for repaint?

Unless it's going to be withdrawn I mean anything is possibly with Diamond...

winston

Is it even worth repainting now? Its not going to be DDA compliant, so only has max 18 months left before it needs to be removed from service.

PM

Quote from: Winston on May 12, 2014, 10:52:25 PM

Is it even worth repainting now? Its not going to be DDA compliant, so only has max 18 months left before it needs to be removed from service.

It's got ramps but I imagine the aisle widths may ensure it is not DDA compliant. Some Euro2 darts must be though, as Simon said a while back that the JNF ones are...

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 12, 2014, 10:58:50 PM

It's got ramps but I imagine the aisle widths may ensure it is not DDA compliant. Some Euro2 darts must be though, as Simon said a while back that the JNF ones are...

Didn't expect it to have a ramp, maybe it could be modified to be DDA compliant then, saying that it is now over 15 years old.

There is one JNF without a wheelchair ramp now....

PM

Quote from: Winston on May 12, 2014, 11:06:45 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on May 12, 2014, 10:58:50 PM

Didn't expect it to have a ramp, maybe it could be modified to be DDA compliant then, saying that it is now over 15 years old.

There is one JNF without a wheelchair ramp now....

Yep, from recollection most diamond pointers in service now have ramps fitted. The only full length darts without ramps are T443EBD 30432 and S377TMB 30512.

Well yes there is by the looks of it :P

nitromatt1

30806 out on the 002 today, first time I've seen it in quite a while.

Today seemed like a step back in time with all of 30806-30810 on the 002, just 30811 missing.

the trainbasher

Waiting for a 250 earlier I saw (possibly 20601) a 226 of diamonds heading to merry hill (on the 1450 ex Dudley) leaving Moor Street Brierley Hill (by the old EWS depot where the 250 turns off!)  10 minutes early! I thought that that wasn't allowed?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Niall

Just seen a blue Centro parked in one of the disused bus stops on Halesowen Queensway with VOR on the display, and an MPD showing 142 parked behind it. I suppose it was either waiting to take up service or broken down?
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

trident4370

30804 is no longer very nifty... currently parked up at selfridges looking immaculate.

4Q

30850 was off for paint yesterday, noted in Short Heath.

winston

Quote from: 4Q on May 24, 2014, 09:31:57 AM
30850 was off for paint yesterday, noted in Short Heath.

Any idea where they get painted?

winston

B7RLE 30832 is on the 226 this afternoon & wasted with zero passengers on board. At the same time Hanson's 1521 less than 30 secs in front with only one passenger on

the trainbasher

@Winston it's because merry hill is up the spout again that everything is late. It took 25 minutes to get from Hawbush Road to Brierley Hill about half 2 on the 250, it's a good job I didn't get 30832 as that was right behind us by Brierley Hill..

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk