News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

PD1006165/31 - FLIGHTS HALLMARK LTD T/A FLIGHTS, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ

Variation Accepted: Operating between Allesley, Keresley and Warwick, National Grid House given service number NG6 effective from 16-Jun-2014. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Solo1

nitromatt1

I observed quite a few 002 journeys today. Most were completely empty, except one which had 4 passengers. If this is the general trend then I cannot see how Diamond can be making a profit from the Sunday service

(the vehicles on were 30808, 30824 & 30827)

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Matt on May 04, 2014, 06:45:41 PM
I observed quite a few 002 journeys today. Most were completely empty, except one which had 4 passengers. If this is the general trend then I cannot see how Diamond can be making a profit from the Sunday service

Obviously they can afford to waste resources mate...

PM

It's only been running a few weeks!!! Obviously it will take time to build up. The Hansons 004 was dead for a while and has grown in success. Give it time!!

Trident 4609

I've seen alot of the Sunday 092's and all are running quite empty!  The 4 on a Sunday doesn't appear to be picking up either which is a shame really. They could have done with some more publicity eg Posters at Bus Stops/flyers advertising the Sunday Service avaliable aboard the bus. Maybe if they do this it may pick up?  I would like to see these pick up as i can see possible potential.  Don't forget it hasn't been running for very long. Give it time to pick up

winston

Had a ride down by Tividale garage earlier, the only withdrawn vehicle now parked in the overflow yard was 31495 S405TMB (which I assume with join the others at KR imminently), interestingly with a reduced Pvr due to a Sunday service, none of the operational fleet were parked in the overflow yard & the gates were locked suggesting that it is no longer used.

I also saw an Merry Hill bound 002 at 12.40pm turning in to Halesowen Bus Station with quite a healthy load, although not a Sunday, a Sunday service none the less. Some journiey's must be carrying more than others.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on May 05, 2014, 01:46:41 PM
Had a ride down by Tividale garage earlier, the only withdrawn vehicle now parked in the overflow yard was 31495 S405TMB (which I assume with join the others at KR imminently), interestingly with a reduced Pvr due to a Sunday service, none of the operational fleet were parked in the overflow yard & the gates were locked suggesting that it is no longer used.

I also saw an Merry Hill bound 002 at 12.40pm turning in to Halesowen Bus Station with quite a healthy load, although not a Sunday, a Sunday service none the less. Some journiey's must be carrying more than others.

Yes, contrary to my observations yesterday, I noticed a 002 leaving Halesowen for Weoley Castle rammed. I think it being bank holiday Monday, and not Sunday, has something to do with it.

PM

Were there any withdrawn vehicles in the top yard or did vehicles there mostly look operational?

winston

Quote from: Matt on May 05, 2014, 01:54:49 PM

Yes, contrary to my observations yesterday, I noticed a 002 leaving Halesowen for Weoley Castle rammed. I think it being bank holiday Monday, and not Sunday, has something to do with it.

Possibly, but strictly speaking there is not much more open today than on a typical Sunday. How many of the 002 journeys do you normally watch on a Sunday? I'm wondering if the Merry Hill bound buses are busier from the start of the day until say 1pm, then that switches to Weoley Castle bound journeys from say 2pm onwards. There's only really ASDA & Wilko's open in Halesowen on a Sun

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 05, 2014, 02:09:32 PM

Were there any withdrawn vehicles in the top yard or did vehicles there mostly look operational?

I couldn't see any, but its getting harder to see inside from the road now the tree's are growing

winston

PD0001374/210 - DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bloxwich and Bilston given service number 326 effective from 08-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

PD0001374/244 - DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Wednesbury and Portobello given service number 23 effective from 08-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

Trident 4609

30406 is working from Long Acre today on the 50

https://www.flickr.com/photos/trident_4609/14160869204/

EDIT: This bus is now at Long Acre (With it having DP seats and seatbelts its more suited to the Nat Grid Contract) and 30816 (Which has standard seats has filled 30406's place at Tividale

John

Quote from: Nathan on May 11, 2014, 04:03:17 PM
30406 is working from Long Acre today on the 50

https://www.flickr.com/photos/trident_4609/14160869204/

30816 (BX58 AOO) was working on the 4 on Friday. Maybe connected somehow?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk