News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Spent the day travelling the diamond network, just a few observations.

1) 002 certainly not suffering due to the 22-was on it most of today and it was still carrying brilliant loads, as ever. All 002 centro's with 30823 repainted on there as well, still with some royale posters though

2) 42A/C seemed to be doing very well, as did the 40 and 4H.

3) 40/42 had a lot of eclipses on there-the 42A/C was solid eclipse/cadet which gave much needed capacity and quality

4) 40 seemed to be doing well-saw a rammed MPD and a fairly busy value eclipse on there

5) 4/4H had a LOT of darts on there-about 4/5 at least. Seemed to be doing well though

6) Value eclipses are in brilliant condition with fares table on the nearside window, a welcome aboard sticker, interior cove panel promotion which seemed effective

7) A lot of posters for 002 sunday service/4 sunday service/new £25 ticket. Very, very prominent and people were buying some of the newer tickets.

8) Diamond route inspector in West Brom checking takings on 40/4 at least, possibly 42/3 as well? Drivers did seem to be holding back as well...

9) Buses on 4 showing-we now run on Sundays on LED display

All together, I came back from my trip extremely impressed. Quality and promotion was massively higher than when I last went on their services at Christmas. Didn't see too many MPDs out and about and it was good to see some better buses on the 40/42A/C and that their new service was doing well. Still some ground to go yet though-I'd like to see even more buses in the new livery, more b7rles on the 4/4H though things are definitely moving in the right direction.

Needless to say, as ever, all drivers extremely polite and helpful, especially those on the 42A/C explaining the route to passengers when needed. A credit to the company...

NB As I posted in the leaflets thread, there was apparently a 42A/C leaflet but I couldn't see it on any of the buses today. Anyone have any idea if there ever was one or where it was available from, thanks :)

Quote from: John on March 24, 2014, 06:59:53 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on March 24, 2014, 06:50:11 PM
Quote from: John on March 24, 2014, 06:24:08 PM
Are the Ex-Lothian President's still at Redditch?

As I did not see any on Saturday (None in the garage/out in service, unless I missed them!!)

Often on longer services eg 247/146 so it's hard to actually see them in Redditch

Thanks for that. There were none on the 146, a Streetlite and Enviro300 were the two buses on there. How many buses are used on the 247?

I think it's 3 on Mondays to Fridays. The timetable is so complicated and confusing with numerous shorter variants or school services. What I do know is it's around 75 mins each way and runs every hour with layover time in Redditch and Evesham so think it's 3. There may be school/college extras as well though...

Can't help feeling e300's on the 146 are very ambitious...

Double posts merged, Winston

tank90

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 24, 2014, 07:09:54 PM
Quote from: John on March 24, 2014, 06:59:53 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on March 24, 2014, 06:50:11 PM
Quote from: John on March 24, 2014, 06:24:08 PM
Are the Ex-Lothian President's still at Redditch?

As I did not see any on Saturday (None in the garage/out in service, unless I missed them!!)

Often on longer services eg 247/146 so it's hard to actually see them in Redditch

Thanks for that. There were none on the 146, a Streetlite and Enviro300 were the two buses on there. How many buses are used on the 247?

I think it's 3 on Mondays to Fridays. The timetable is so complicated and confusing with numerous shorter variants or school services. What I do know is it's around 75 mins each way and runs every hour with layover time in Redditch and Evesham so think it's 3. There may be school/college extras as well though...

Can't help feeling e300's on the 146 are very ambitious...
Why?
If First hadn't of been stupid with the 146 it would be every 30 mins with the last bus from birmingham at 7:30 PM and the first bus at 6 AM with a fare to rival the train!

Again First cooked up the 247s timetable as well which can be ironed out with ease.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Matt.N0056

The headlights, and rear lights were all going out on BX07 BRV on the 71 tonight. I driving along and thought his headlights flashed. Then, when i was driving in the same direction, I caught up with him at the bus stop where I though he had turned his engine off, untill he pulled away and his lights came back on!

Niall

I saw a blue ALX200 going through Oldbury this afternoon with a trade plate in the back window, I think it was a W*** JNF.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

winston

Quote from: N94 on March 26, 2014, 05:26:24 PM
I saw a blue ALX200 going through Oldbury this afternoon with a trade plate in the back window, I think it was a W*** JNF.

I wonder if that could be one of W903JNF or W904JNF? Simon, confirmed all the W--JNF's would be returned to service

PM

Glad it wasn't just me-I thought I was going mad as I saw it whilst on the 002 and just the rear with the distinctive ugly ALX lights. It must be a JNF though not sure which one...

Few more diamond bus things:

20847 now at LAC on the 122 with blue diamond logos totally removed and new DIAMOND ones fitted. Looks as if this is a gradual program to try to get all the blue diamond buses to have the right vinyls. Looks as if Kidderminster may be losing some of its solos...

A YJ54 solo also had the front one done like it on Monday though sides were still blue diamond.

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on March 26, 2014, 05:55:16 PM

I wonder if that could be one of W903JNF or W904JNF? Simon, confirmed all the W--JNF's would be returned to service
W905JNF  has been in service for a while down in kidderminster not seen it for  a  while though

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 26, 2014, 08:17:13 PM

20847 now at LAC on the 122 with blue diamond logos totally removed and new DIAMOND ones fitted. Looks as if this is a gradual program to try to get all the blue diamond buses to have the right vinyls. Looks as if Kidderminster may be losing some of its solos...

A YJ54 solo also had the front one done like it on Monday though sides were still blue diamond.
see hardly any sols now in Kidderminster  think there is only 2 that is the 2 37 seat ones 30638/30639 but even then not seen them in service for a  while think one may now be at Redditch and the other is of road   . I am unsure about these  others may know different

diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

In terms of the JNF's, 901 was at Tividale a while back in blue from its work at Wessex, 902 is in Redditch in service, 903 was still in Connect livery at LAC being prepped for service last I saw of it, 904 not seen-though think that one was the one needing most work, and then 905/6 are both in service. So could be 1/3/4 which seems strange as not long back these were deemed beyond economical repair. I guess they do have ramps but some need a lot of work doing to them and they have been VOR a long while now...

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 26, 2014, 08:35:29 PM

In terms of the JNF's, 901 was at Tividale a while back in blue from its work at Wessex, 902 is in Redditch in service, 903 was still in Connect livery at LAC being prepped for service last I saw of it, 904 not seen-though think that one was the one needing most work, and then 905/6 are both in service. So could be 1/3/4 which seems strange as not long back these were deemed beyond economical repair. I guess they do have ramps but some need a lot of work doing to them and they have been VOR a long while now...

906 is still in Red Diamond livery.

Hardly seems worth repainting/reinstating them as they're already 14 years old

Matt.N0056

Quote from: bowler on March 26, 2014, 08:26:26 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on March 26, 2014, 08:17:13 PM

see hardly any sols now in Kidderminster  think there is only 2 that is the 2 37 seat ones 30638/30639 but even then not seen them in service for a  while think one may now be at Redditch and the other is of road   . I am unsure about these  others may know different

One of those Solos was at Long Acre the other day. Was on the 30 in Solihull. Also I'm sure I saw YG 02 DJZ out on the 96 last week or the week before

PM

Quote from: Winston on March 26, 2014, 08:38:11 PM

DDA though and an improvement for somewhere like Kidderminster. With a bit of paint and the seats in good nick (as they already are) I reckon most passengers would hardly notice. They will no doubt be cheap to run and reliable not to mention able to use the many spare parts available at LAC and Tividale for darts. They are also a cheap way to increase capacity at a less-profitable depot. Rotala must intend to keep them a few years yet though if they intend to re-instate them...

Thanks for that update Matt-looks as if Kidderminster could be all dart, as Simon hinted.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 26, 2014, 08:49:57 PM

DDA though and an improvement for somewhere like Kidderminster. With a bit of paint and the seats in good nick (as they already are) I reckon most passengers would hardly notice. They will no doubt be cheap to run and reliable not to mention able to use the many spare parts available at LAC and Tividale for darts. They are also a cheap way to increase capacity at a less-profitable depot. Rotala must intend to keep them a few years yet though if they intend to re-instate them...

Thanks for that update Matt-looks as if Kidderminster could be all dart, as Simon hinted.

Fantastic news!,

LAC can have (30638, YJ06 YPU) and (30639, YJ06YPV) back they're both currently still in Kidderminster albeit with YPU being VOR but yes I'm all for getting shut of the Optares

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on March 26, 2014, 10:20:18 PM

Fantastic news!,

LAC can have (30638, YJ06 YPU) and (30639, YJ06YPV) back they're both currently still in Kidderminster albeit with YPU being VOR but yes I'm all for getting shut of the Optares

The YJ06 solos were sluggish and whiny. Good riddance I say and bring me a Dart any day! Especially as W905 JNF goes very well, let's hope its siblings are just as good. What's wrong with an ALX 200 Diamond Dart!? I think the older Style rear lights on Plaxton Pointer 2s such as those on the V HEC darts look very old fashioned.

YJ06 YPV has not been in Kidderminster for around about three weeks or more, likewise YG02 DJZ. I suspected they had moved to the Black Country. Just by chance and well done to Rotala for improving capacity but the average fleet age at Kidderminster has once again increased! Now in the range S to 54 plate... We are being spoilt with 56/57 plate Enviro 200s from Whittle! To be honest in Kidderminster any buses are better than step entrances or MPDs so bring on the Darts! If they do the job who cares about age.

Tell me if this is a coincidence or not: EYMS transfers W409 JAT to Whittle summer 2013, Diamond transfer W905 JNF to Kidderminster around the same time.
Now EYMS transfer four Wxxx JAT reg ALX 200s to Whittle, just as Diamond transfer look likely to transfer three Wxxx JNF ALX 200s to Kidderminster!
Weird or what?

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on March 26, 2014, 11:10:06 PM
Quote from: Will on March 26, 2014, 10:20:18 PM

Fantastic news!,

The YJ06 solos were sluggish and whiny. Good riddance I say and bring me a Dart any day! Especially as W905 JNF goes very well, let's hope its siblings are just as good. What's wrong with an ALX 200 Diamond Dart!? I think the older Style rear lights on Plaxton Pointer 2s such as those on the V HEC darts look very old fashioned.

YJ06 YPV has not been in Kidderminster for around about three weeks or more, likewise YG02 DJZ. I suspected they had moved to the Black Country. Just by chance and well done to Rotala for improving capacity but the average fleet age at Kidderminster has once again increased! Now in the range S to 54 plate... We are being spoilt with 56/57 plate Enviro 200s from Whittle! To be honest in Kidderminster any buses are better than step entrances or MPDs so bring on the Darts! If they do the job who cares about age.

Tell me if this is a coincidence or not: EYMS transfers W409 JAT to Whittle summer 2013, Diamond transfer W905 JNF to Kidderminster around the same time.
Now EYMS transfer four Wxxx JAT reg ALX 200s to Whittle, just as Diamond transfer look likely to transfer three Wxxx JNF ALX 200s to Kidderminster!
Weird or what?
the four Wxxx JAT  reg are volos  not darts  these are some vehicles that used to be in the finglands fleet and as eyms have got new buses coming these will be spare  buses up  there .
diamond 8\10/125/292

Trident 4609

The W-JAT's are ALX300 bodied B10BLE's iirc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk