News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Don't know if its already been mentioned, but the 002 was going round saying that it now ran on Sundays, i haven't seen a VOSA update for this, although the timetables in Merry Hill Bus Station have been amended to show it?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 19, 2014, 09:45:13 PM
Don't know if its already been mentioned, but the 002 was going round saying that it now ran on Sundays, i haven't seen a VOSA update for this, although the timetables in Merry Hill Bus Station have been amended to show it?

Stu, It has been registered on VOSA, think it appeared the same day as the 4 changes were registered to introduce a Sunday service. I posted the VOSA registrations possibly in this thread somewhere

Trident 4609

Yes as of Sunday 9th March Sunday Services started up on the 4 and 002. The 4 runs every 15 minutes and the 002 every half hour.

Stuharris 6360

Thanks Winston & Nathan!  :) :)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

How do you mean going round saying it ran on sundays? Was it on posters on buses, the LED display or timetables, out of interest?

Metrorider

I know that posters were put in some of the buses that are on the 002 about 3 or 4 weeks ago now advertising the fact. There were also Diamond staff in Halesowen last week promoting the Sunday service.
Paul.

Trident 4609

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 20, 2014, 11:11:36 AM

How do you mean going round saying it ran on sundays? Was it on posters on buses, the LED display or timetables, out of interest?

There are advertisements (Posters/flyers) on several diamond buses advertising the new Sunday services on the 4 and also advertisements for the 002 Sunday service

PM

Quote from: Metrorider on March 20, 2014, 11:21:41 AM
I know that posters were put in some of the buses that are on the 002 about 3 or 4 weeks ago now advertising the fact. There were also Diamond staff in Halesowen last week promoting the Sunday service.

Brilliant-thanks for that metrorider. The good old fashioned way to promote a new service then! :) Good to see the tradition hasn't been lost

Quote from: Nathan on March 20, 2014, 11:22:58 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on March 20, 2014, 11:11:36 AM

There are advertisements (Posters/flyers) on several diamond buses advertising the new Sunday services on the 4 and also advertisements for the 002 Sunday service

Thanks Nathan as well-I saw a photo of V377SVV with some posters on the nearside front window is this what you mean? Or do you mean individual flyers passengers can pick up?

Metrorider

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 20, 2014, 11:34:29 AM

Brilliant-thanks for that metrorider. The good old fashioned way to promote a new service then! :) Good to see the tradition hasn't been lost

I've driven the route of a Sunday for the last 2 weeks now, and I've had a lot of people confirming with me the first and last times the buses are running, but pretty much everyone that's got on has been aware the service is now running of a Sunday. The odd surprised passenger when they see you running on a Sunday, but overall everyone that's catching it seems to be aware it's running.  8)
Paul.

PM

Quote from: Metrorider on March 20, 2014, 11:41:51 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on March 20, 2014, 11:34:29 AM

I've driven the route of a Sunday for the last 2 weeks now, and I've had a lot of people confirming with me the first and last times the buses are running, but pretty much everyone that's got on has been aware the service is now running of a Sunday. The odd surprised passenger when they see you running on a Sunday, but overall everyone that's catching it seems to be aware it's running.  8)

That's good then. Do many people use it on a sunday Paul?

Trident 4609

Sorry Peter i meant a poster attached to the window near the front nearside :) although it would be good publicity if they had had flyers available on the bus and at Halesowen Bus Station and some posters stuck on the 002 stand at Merry Hill.

Same for the Sunday 4. It would be good if there were flyers advertising the service were avaliable and posters stuck up at West Brom and Bradford Place Bus Station so people are aware its running.

Just an idea but think this could attract more passengers?

PM

Quote from: Nathan on March 20, 2014, 11:50:00 AM
Sorry I meant a poster attached to the window near the front nearside

Fair enough, I thought so. Will hopefully be able to get over there on Sunday :)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 20, 2014, 11:50:41 AM

Fair enough, I thought so. Will hopefully be able to get over there on Sunday :)

No. i saw it on the destination display, something like 002 Merry Hill and underneath now runs on Sundays!

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 20, 2014, 07:58:10 PM

No. i saw it on the destination display, something like 002 Merry Hill and underneath now runs on Sundays!

Oh ok :) I haven't been on a Sunday 002 yet so hope to do so soon :). How are the loadings on the Sunday 002? The 4's need to pick up a bit but I can see I picking up within the next few weeks

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on March 20, 2014, 08:00:42 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 20, 2014, 07:58:10 PM

Oh ok :) I haven't been on a Sunday 002 yet so hope to do so soon :). How are the loadings on the Sunday 002? The 4's need to pick up a bit but I can see I picking up within the next few weeks

To be honest Nathan, i am surprised that a Sunday 002 has been so long in coming, has TGBs 22 worried Diamond and they are concerned that if the 22 takes off, TGB may start a Sunday service. Also Hansons 004 seems to be doing better, passed a couple of them yesterday morning while i was out & about and they had very healthy loadings!  :) :) :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk