News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ashley on January 28, 2014, 08:06:29 PM
How could any of us know if MPD's would be a big mistake? We don't know how many people have contacted and suggested it to Diamond or if it was something they just came up with. Naturally until it was known sunday services were to become available, patronage wouldn't be plentiful but that would probably increase in time

Oh OK I get everything wrong :( Oh Well :( I should have said I could see healthy loadings on a Sunday but as you said we will have to wait and see :) Will be good to see if passenger numbers are good and will like to see this be a suceess.

What is it with people picking at my posts this evening and being blunt about it :(

PM

Responding to some of the stuff:

Sam-the subsidy is high but it has been deemed necessary by WCC so should stay. In the grand scheme of things, that isn't an excessive amount of subsidy, though I am a big fan of value for money for the taxpayer.

I reckon branded centros will be used on a sunday to build up brand value.

And good call Trainbasher about it potentially being to do with Evesham bridge works-I hadn't thought of that.

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 28, 2014, 08:51:22 PM
Sam-the subsidy is high but it has been deemed necessary by WCC so should stay. In the grand scheme of things, that isn't an excessive amount of subsidy, though I am a big fan of value for money for the taxpayer.

That's just my point, WCC want to do away with it!
With the cuts that are proposed, I can't see any way this service will survive.

bwsau cymru

X31 will go via dorchester way
campaigning for better transport for all

PM

Quote from: dannygill on January 29, 2014, 06:25:30 PM

How do you know all about these new service variations if you don't mind me asking?

sonic84

Quote from: Nathan on January 28, 2014, 08:10:26 PM
How could any of us know if MPD's would be a big mistake? We don't know how many people have contacted and suggested it to Diamond or if it was something they just came up with. Naturally until it was known sunday services were to become available, patronage wouldn't be plentiful but that would probably increase in time

Oh OK I get everything wrong :( Oh Well :( I should have said I could see healthy loadings on a Sunday but as you said we will have to wait and see :) Will be good to see if passenger numbers are good and will like to see this be a suceess.

What is it with people picking at my posts this evening and being blunt about it :(

I really hope the the sunday service on the 002 will be a success.   As long as it is promoted I don't see any reason why it wouldn't do well.  I just hope that it is advertised.

PM

Quote from: sonic84 on January 29, 2014, 07:40:29 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 28, 2014, 08:10:26 PM

I really hope the the sunday service on the 002 will be a success.   As long as it is promoted I don't see any reason why it wouldn't do well.  I just hope that it is advertised.

I reckon provided branded centros are used, it should promote itself...

bwsau cymru

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 29, 2014, 06:30:18 PM
Quote from: dannygill on January 29, 2014, 06:25:30 PM

How do you know all about these new service variations if you don't mind me asking?

A source at Centro
campaigning for better transport for all

jc

Blue 30823 has joined 30828 at Redditch.

winston

Quote from: jc on January 30, 2014, 08:27:51 AM

That's 30821-30823 all now repainted blue

PM

Quote from: Winston on January 30, 2014, 10:46:33 AM

Repaints of the royales seem to be going pretty fast. Maybe it makes sense to repaint one batch of buses at a time. Certainly repaints have picked up speed recently and I hope the cadets will be the next buses to be repainted...

StourportSam

Well done Diamond I think you desperately need to sort out your brand identity and get it consistent. Just don't change the livery again in another six months!

Liberator9

One of the new arrival Wright Eclipse Volvo B7RLE (07 reg) was on the 30 this morning; looked very smart and liking the new dark blue livery;  hope it ventures onto the S2 one day. Signature have also put branded Hybrid posters on the inside of one of the Hybrids now which looks professional and a good idea instead of non relevant bland adverts. Good to see Diamond putting in a good effort.

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on January 30, 2014, 12:39:17 PM

Well done Diamond I think you desperately need to sort out your brand identity and get it consistent. Just don't change the livery again in another six months!

I think the brand identity crisis is being solved at a very fast rate, through both a repaint programme of the existing fleet and new acquisitions.

bususer12

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 30, 2014, 10:01:48 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on January 30, 2014, 12:39:17 PM

I think the brand identity crisis is being solved at a very fast rate, through both a repaint programme of the existing fleet and new acquisitions.

There's still 5 different Liveries working out of tividale;

Black Diamond
Blue Diamond
Red Diamond
The Go-Ahead Diamond Livery http://wmbusphotos.com/diamondpages/20507.html
Central Connect Colours: W366 ABD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk