News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Bus services today were in complete chaos-both NX and diamond. Massive gaps were building in the 4 service from west brom to blackheath this afternoon-there was a gap of about 20 mins and then a massively late diamond 4H and 4M pulled in. 4M took NX stand and a lot of their passengers and the cadet on the 4H filled up fast as well. Then 2 NXs came in virtually empty while diamond pulled out and both buses were really full by Blackheath. Meanwhile, about 3/4 NX 4's raced back towards west brom showing not in service... Absolute chaos then waited ages for a 42/43 in great bridge only for another late diamond to show up, again a quite full dart being followed by a virtually empty NX merc. Then in halesowen waited 35 minutes for a 002 and the 142 was really late as well and getting off the 002 in bartley green 3 002's were racing back showing not in service.

Was the traffic today just awful or was there something going on in the Black Country area to cause all these holdups or is it just Christmas shopping? Diamond appeared to be doing very well on all the services I went on though which was good to see...

Liverpool Street

DiamondDart, its been disgusting everywhere
      Birmingham too. The schools came out early today which screwed early afternoon, people clocking off early screwed lateraafternoon and shoppers totally screwed early evening and p1ssheads have ruined nights"
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 20, 2013, 07:10:45 PM
      Birmingham too. The schools came out early today which screwed early afternoon, people clocking off early screwed lateraafternoon and shoppers totally screwed early evening and p1ssheads have ruined nights"
I guessed as much but didn't know if it was anything specific causing it.

Most services I tried today were late other than the 29 which was running perfectly to time but in fairness I've never had any issues with BC buses being late/not turning up. The YW 18 was awful as were most diamond services...

Mike360

Yes chaos every where due to Xmas shopping and people leaving early.
2 4Hs running together going towards Walsall. 002 was late and it was 30427 and did hurry back. Then waited for 49 which was 20 minutes late in Weoley Castle.

2 29A's to Shenley Fields came together and around 5 minutes later another 29A.
Then before my 49 came two 002's entering Weoley Castle together.
Then not long later two more 29's one to Northfield and one 29E terminating in Weoley Castle.

PM

Quote from: Mike360 on December 20, 2013, 07:30:55 PM
Yes chaos every where due to Xmas shopping and people leaving early.
2 4Hs running together going towards Walsall. 002 was late and it was 30427 and did hurry back. Then waited for 49 which was 20 minutes late in Weoley Castle.

2 29A's to Shenley Fields came together and around 5 minutes later another 29A.
Then before my 49 came two 002's entering Weoley Castle together.
Then not long later two more 29's one to Northfield and one 29E terminating in Weoley Castle.

Just hope VOSA weren't monitoring lol

Cedric

also the same in the wyre forest area  (Kidderminster stourport bewdley) 
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bewminster on December 20, 2013, 07:56:18 PM
also the same in the wyre forest area  (Kidderminster stourport bewdley)

There were queues of traffic in the Stourport area this afternoon, saw a 3 and an X3 a couple of mins apart, they both seemed to be operated by MPD's, while the 295 had the bigger ex First Dart 30932. Most of the buses I saw around Stourport/Kiddi were all in the blue Diamond livery apart from two 'Red Diamond' branded MPD's

Kiewii

nitromatt1

I have seen the 002 running in pairs on at least 6 occasions over the last couple of days

bwsau cymru

Kidderminster seems to of done very well in getting the new blue painted buses!! whats rddditch paint colour like?
campaigning for better transport for all

bwsau cymru

Herd yesterday that diamond are buying first worcester any ideas??
campaigning for better transport for all

PM

Quote from: dannygill on December 21, 2013, 05:49:10 PM

I hope so but this type of rumour has been floating around a lot..

winston

Quote from: dannygill on December 21, 2013, 05:49:10 PM

There were rumours a while ago which was put down to canteen talk that Worcester & Hereford could be up for sale, if they are I would have thought some of the bigger groups would be more interested in these operations

It would re-create some of the broken links if Rotala were to buy it, but it think it's unlikely to happen

StourportSam

Quote from: Winston on December 20, 2013, 08:06:44 PM
saw a 3 and an X3 a couple of mins apart

That's just a normal day!

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on December 21, 2013, 08:27:40 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 20, 2013, 08:06:44 PM
saw a 3 and an X3 a couple of mins apart

That's just a normal day!

Oh right, not good them. I noticed some of the 3's heading for the Walshes were carrying good loads, that route seems too busy for MDP's as does the X3. Where as the 295 that I saw with an ex 30932 operating it was empty

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk