News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Looking at Diamond's commerical service most of the original petes travel services are still running including the 50,97,401,401E,402 and 404E and petes travel back in the day used quite new darts on these services and looking at the rotala fleet list quite a few of the darts still remain in the fleet and on the very services, suggesting investment is needed and these commercial services must be profitable and hold there own against high competition

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 10, 2012, 08:33:06 PM
Looking at Diamond's commerical service most of the original petes travel services are still running including the 50,97,401,401E,402 and 404E and petes travel back in the day used quite new darts on these services and looking at the rotala fleet list quite a few of the darts still remain in the fleet and on the very services, suggesting investment is needed and these commercial services must be profitable and hold there own against high competition

Diamond have withdrawn quite a few of the former Birmingham Coach Company commercial services over time including the 9, 51, 74, 87, 120, 217, 221, 300, 399 plus former Ludlows routes 004, 006, 007 (before winning it back as a tendered route), 230 etc

Ash

The 16 and 56 may be the only diamond bus/birmingham coach company that remain operated commercially by diamond

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 10, 2012, 09:54:43 PM
The 16 and 56 may be the only diamond bus/birmingham coach company that remain operated commercially by diamond

Plus the 410, other than that there's nothing left of the former BCC/Diamond Bus (Go-ahead owned) commercial routes

Mike360

Quote from: Winston on June 10, 2012, 10:05:14 PM

Plus the 410, other than that there's nothing left of the former BCC/Diamond Bus (Go-ahead owned) commercial routes
The 50 as well isn't it.

winston

Quote from: Mike360 on June 10, 2012, 10:12:56 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 10, 2012, 10:05:14 PM

The 50 as well isn't it.

That originally came with Pete's Travel acquisition; I probably shouldn't have added the Diamond bus bit above as it confuses the issue

Ash

The 51reg and 02reg wright cadets are the only buses left from the original diamond bus/birmingham coach company acquisition and i believe the 51 reg cadets were for the 16 and the 02reg cadets the 156 now 56 service

Mike360

Funny how the Old Diamond Bus website still exists. I wish bus fares were still like that!
http://www.birmingham-coach.co.uk/

Isle of Stroma

S'funny, I have 17 routes on my list ;-)

Ash

17 routes operated by the birmingham coach company and its diamond brand that remains in operation now, if you have took them from the website link then 17 is wrong as this was when the go-ahead group owned them

winston

Ash,

NEL111P is more than likely saying that there are currently 17 commercial routes with Diamond, which is different to what we are discussing re: how many of the original BCC commercial routes still remain under Rotala ownership today

Mike360

Caught the 002 today where I got on 30136 Hybrid Bus which is a change from the usual 002 buses and a great bus to travel on. Also on the 002 today I saw 31479 which I didn't see in the morning but saw in the afternoon so it must have replaced a bus.

When catching a 002 back from Halesowen, the driver didn't have a clue where he was going and nearly ended up going the wrong way a couple of times but managed to go around an island to go the correct way after missing the turning. Luckily we all helped him by giving directions get back to Weoley Castle terminus even though it took a while. But a month or so back I was on the 002 and the driver took the wrong turning going towards Weoley Castle. It used to be regular drivers who drove the route all the time but now I see so many drivers that I've never seen before.

PM

I can agree and I caught it the other day to Weoley Castle and the driver said he didnt know it well and where was a public toilet that he could use. Tho I like the hybrids and I think pete's was more successful than diamond as it was actually profitable unlike diamond and hence why many of its services have been kept. Tho diamond is successful on the 16 and 56 as has been stated, thesemust have been some of BCC's best performers.

richie

Quote from: Peter123 on June 11, 2012, 05:17:33 PM
I can agree and I caught it the other day to Weoley Castle and the driver said he didnt know it well and where was a public toilet that he could use. Tho I like the hybrids and I think pete's was more successful than diamond as it was actually profitable unlike diamond and hence why many of its services have been kept. Tho diamond is successful on the 16 and 56 as has been stated, thesemust have been some of BCC's best performers.

Didn't Pete's have a lot of PG9's and went into recievership?

PM

I thought they only got PG9s when they knew they were selling and couldnt care less, hence why when Go-Ahead took over they needed other buses from within the group to run services.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk