News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 20, 2013, 09:16:32 PM
And W571JVV as well...

And interesting that you mention it coming in and then pulling out behind a NXWM. They have been told to hold back-I just can't understand why some drivers don't get the message. The shift total will not be high if you just sit behind a nx or green bus or even johnsons for that matter. What should happen is holding back until the largest possible gap has built up, then leaving. Really frustrating! When they did that on the 37/17/97 the shift totals went up. Surprise surprise, two weeks later or so, they were back down again, as some drivers reverted to the old tactics. Then the routes were withdrawn :(

I think you mean W572JVV

PM

Quote from: Winston on November 20, 2013, 09:20:02 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 20, 2013, 09:16:32 PM
And W571JVV as well...

And interesting that you mention it coming in and then pulling out behind a NXWM. They have been told to hold back-I just can't understand why some drivers don't get the message. The shift total will not be high if you just sit behind a nx or green bus or even johnsons for that matter. What should happen is holding back until the largest possible gap has built up, then leaving. Really frustrating! When they did that on the 37/17/97 the shift totals went up. Surprise surprise, two weeks later or so, they were back down again, as some drivers reverted to the old tactics. Then the routes were withdrawn :(

I think you mean W572JVV

Sorry yes I do. W571 was redone for redditch a while back from memory and 573 I didn't see the last time I was in redditch...

John

Quote from: Nathan4775 on November 20, 2013, 09:06:30 PM
Is that with Tividale Depot  ?, if so it could make its way onto the 56  :) if its still around

It is/was Nathan, if it is still in service

uniquicity

Quote from: John on November 20, 2013, 10:35:18 PM
Quote from: Nathan4775 on November 20, 2013, 09:06:30 PM
Is that with Tividale Depot  ?, if so it could make its way onto the 56  :) if its still around

It is/was Nathan, if it is still in service

It was on the 40 this morning, still in Connect livery.

nitromatt1

Noticed an MPD on the 99 this evening went down the expressway, down Manor Way, then turned right at the island and presumably went straight into Halesowen via Grange Road and Queensway.

Either this is the route Diamond have chosen to save time (despite missing out the Quinton-Halesowen section), or it could've been to do with the fact the bus was running 10 minutes late and due out of Halesowen in 3 minutes.

Nathan4775

Not able to do nothing bus related for a few days now :(, so hopefully it can stay in the connect livery until then :D
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

PM

Wondering what was on the 4/301  today as if one cadet was on the 226 when it had a crash, a b7rle was also put on the 226, another eclipse 2 was on the 56 all day and presumably the 002 had a centro or a cadet on there as well. Were there a lot of royales out on the 4/301 today, if anyone knows?

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 20, 2013, 11:14:57 PM
Noticed an MPD on the 99 this evening went down the expressway, down Manor Way, then turned right at the island and presumably went straight into Halesowen via Grange Road and Queensway.

Either this is the route Diamond have chosen to save time (despite missing out the Quinton-Halesowen section), or it could've been to do with the fact the bus was running 10 minutes late and due out of Halesowen in 3 minutes.

or it could be that Quinton is closed for roadworks at present from Quinton(by Four Dwellings island) on evenings
it's been a while....

nitromatt1

Quote from: 4747 on November 22, 2013, 11:44:11 AM

or it could be that Quinton is closed for roadworks at present from Quinton(by Four Dwellings island) on evenings

Please read what I said properly. The 99's diversion to avoid Quinton Church is supposed to be the same as the 141 from Hagley Road West - Hagley Road West. The driver cut a corner into Halesowen, presumably to make up time.

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 22, 2013, 01:48:47 PM
Quote from: 4747 on November 22, 2013, 11:44:11 AM

Please read what I said properly. The 99's diversion to avoid Quinton Church is supposed to be the same as the 141 from Hagley Road West - Hagley Road West. The driver cut a corner into Halesowen, presumably to make up time.
[/quote

It would seem you are assuming I was aware of the 141 diversion(which I am not). I only know the road's closed as it caught me out the other night :-[......so reading your post properly or not wouldn't have made any difference
it's been a while....

Nathan4775

Just seen 20914 displaying "returning to Depot" is this a new thing or has it always been on there displays. Never seen it before ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

StourportSam

Quote from: Nathan4775 on November 25, 2013, 03:20:49 PM
Just seen 20914 displaying "returning to Depot" is this a new thing or has it always been on there displays. Never seen it before ?

I've seen an V6** HEC MPD in Kidderminster displaying VOR as the destination when broken down and causing chaos on a roundabout, I thought that was funny!

PM

Do the HEC darts have DIAMOND logos yet out of interest Sam?

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 25, 2013, 07:22:20 PM

From what I have seen most do on at least one part of the bus (not necessarily both sides, front and back!!) and one or two don't.
I will try to have a look this week if I can and report back...

They ran with Royal Bath logos for a few days after arriving..... that was interesting

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on November 25, 2013, 07:25:43 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 25, 2013, 07:22:20 PM

From what I have seen most do on at least one part of the bus (not necessarily both sides, front and back!!) and one or two don't.
I will try to have a look this week if I can and report back...

They ran with Royal Bath logos for a few days after arriving..... that was interesting
Would you say MPDs and solos are too small for Kidderminster services and that full size darts are needed on a few?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk