News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 16, 2013, 07:54:40 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 16, 2013, 07:48:53 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 16, 2013, 07:45:53 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 16, 2013, 07:28:17 PM
I don't know how you keep on top of fleet movements for Rotala, its all just Darts and Solos.

Any easy way of knowing fleet location or is it just general knowledge?

As someone mostly interested in rotala theres no real way of knowing. In the same week you can have buses on loan to tividale and then solos over at long acre. Also, 30929 is meant to be at tividale but is at long acre. Its just general knowledge and guesswork really-tracking their fleet is definitely a lot lot more interesting than NXWM's

Gah, I was dreading you'd say that.

Another thing I'm lost with is the fleet numbers. What's the idea of 1000's number gap, is it transfers from other areas of the country; or fleet management incompetence?

Haha sorry  ;)

Fleetnumbers are a complete and utter mess it must be said. MPDs/primos/solos/e200s are all completely muddled up, there are dart slfs in the 20 series and solos in the 30 series which is illogical. There are massive gaps for no apparent reason and types have different fleetnumbers. Similarly, there are DDA compliant buses with a 21- series which doesn't make sense. I do hope rotala try to sort out some of the fleetnumbering problems as it must make it so hard to actually know what a type is simply by looking at the number.

But it has to be said I'm totally against 5 digit fleet numbers. In Diamonds fleet there be no reason for XXXXX numbers. Stagecoach, I understand.

Or actually, was it the rupturing of Blue/Red/Black/Signature/CentralConnect etc into one company makings of this, the issue?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 16, 2013, 07:58:55 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 16, 2013, 07:54:40 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 16, 2013, 07:48:53 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 16, 2013, 07:45:53 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 16, 2013, 07:28:17 PM
I don't know how you keep on top of fleet movements for Rotala, its all just Darts and Solos.

Any easy way of knowing fleet location or is it just general knowledge?

As someone mostly interested in rotala theres no real way of knowing. In the same week you can have buses on loan to tividale and then solos over at long acre. Also, 30929 is meant to be at tividale but is at long acre. Its just general knowledge and guesswork really-tracking their fleet is definitely a lot lot more interesting than NXWM's

Gah, I was dreading you'd say that.

Another thing I'm lost with is the fleet numbers. What's the idea of 1000's number gap, is it transfers from other areas of the country; or fleet management incompetence?

Haha sorry  ;)

Fleetnumbers are a complete and utter mess it must be said. MPDs/primos/solos/e200s are all completely muddled up, there are dart slfs in the 20 series and solos in the 30 series which is illogical. There are massive gaps for no apparent reason and types have different fleetnumbers. Similarly, there are DDA compliant buses with a 21- series which doesn't make sense. I do hope rotala try to sort out some of the fleetnumbering problems as it must make it so hard to actually know what a type is simply by looking at the number.

But it has to be said I'm totally against 5 digit fleet numbers. In Diamonds fleet there be no reason for XXXXX numbers. Stagecoach, I understand.

Or actually, was it the rupturing of Blue/Red/Black/Signature/CentralConnect etc into one company makings of this, the issue?

They are a good idea as they can show more things eg if single/double deck, dda or not, vehicle condition. It does make sense to have one rotala system used by all the fleets. And no, I don't know when 5 digit numbers were first used-may have been when preston bus was acquired in which case before connect became diamond

vinh1000

Was told today by a driver on 53

They got VIP emergency contracts to Feb but they are looking for additional work and thinking of taking over 66A permanently from Jan
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

Quote from: vinh1000 on November 16, 2013, 08:24:24 PM

They got VIP emergency contracts to Feb but they are looking for additional work and thinking of taking over 66A permanently from Jan

Thats a fair while they've got those contracts. I think they intend on winning them full time as they have gone to the effort of putting them all onto their latest network map. And whats the 66A? A tendered route or commercial operation?

vinh1000

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 16, 2013, 08:31:19 PM

Thats a fair while they've got those contracts. I think they intend on winning them full time as they have gone to the effort of putting them all onto their latest network map. And whats the 66A? A tendered route or commercial operation?
Currently NXWM does 66A Erdington - Sutton Coldfield whilst Diamond does the Evenings and Sundays
What they want to do is win full 66A control so NXWM will only do 66
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

Quote from: vinh1000 on November 16, 2013, 08:33:03 PM

Currently NXWM does 66A Erdington - Sutton Coldfield whilst Diamond does the Evenings and Sundays

So its a NX daytime tendered service. Why are they so keen on that? I would have thought a few more buses on the 4M would bring in more money

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 16, 2013, 08:43:53 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on November 16, 2013, 08:33:03 PM

So its a NX daytime tendered service. Why are they so keen on that? I would have thought a few more buses on the 4M would bring in more money

All emergency tenders are normally 3 months, so no surprise that these run to February. NXWM 66A is commercial and a different route to the Diamond tendered 66A

nitromatt1

Wonder where the 99 is going tonight, as the Hagley Road West at Quinton Church is closed?

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 17, 2013, 08:43:06 PM
Wonder where the 99 is going tonight, as the Hagley Road West at Quinton Church is closed?

Same as the 141?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Trident 4609 on November 17, 2013, 08:56:52 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 17, 2013, 08:43:06 PM

Same as the 141?

I would hazard a guess of:
a) Ridgacre Lane - Hagley Road West - Quinton Expressway then as 141? or
b) Ridgacre Lane - Ridgacre Road - Edenhall Road - Hagley Road West - Quinton Expressway then as 141?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

The 99 isn't using the Expressway tonight

nitromatt1

I must've missed it last night, but saw an MPD on the 99 come down Manor Lane and turn left onto Manor Way heading for the Expressway. Presumably it's following the same or a similar route to the 141.

PM

Are MPDs the main allocation on the 99 or are buses that come off the 4 and 301 and 002 like cadets/darts/centros going on there as well?

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 18, 2013, 10:26:12 PM
Are MPDs the main allocation on the 99 or are buses that come off the 4 and 301 and 002 like cadets/darts/centros going on there as well?

Seems so, I've only seen MPDs so far, don't see why a Solo wouldn't turn up though

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 18, 2013, 10:29:28 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 18, 2013, 10:26:12 PM

Seems so, I've only seen MPDs so far, don't see why a Solo wouldn't turn up though

Thanks for the info-I can't see that the 99 on an evening would require anything bigger, particularly as the daytime buses are smaller than centros etc but was just thinking if some of the 99's came off say a 002 duty then clearly a 002 centro would be what was allocated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk