News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

Quote from: Nathan4775 on November 04, 2013, 06:10:35 PM
Anyone know were the 108 peaks come from? Or are they from the garage
dont they change to the 53 after doing the 108?
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Nathan4775

Vinh1000 Is that were the evening peaks come from ? Or do the evenings come from Solihull routes ? Only ask becuase the evenings happen to be ran using Signature buses
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

PM

I wonder what buses diamond will be using on the emergency tenders. I would have thought that diamond can't actually have that many spare buses floating around as tividale are borrowing off long acre for a start and in this month's fleet changes a lot of buses are moving out of long acre which is presumably where the VIP routes will be run from. Maybe some of these changes will be postponed until when the contracts are let permanently. Does anyone know how long they will be running the emergency contracts for?

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 04, 2013, 11:24:35 PM
I wonder what buses diamond will be using on the emergency tenders. I would have thought that diamond can't actually have that many spare buses floating around as tividale are borrowing off long acre for a start and in this month's fleet changes a lot of buses are moving out of long acre which is presumably where the VIP routes will be run from. Maybe some of these changes will be postponed until when the contracts are let permanently. Does anyone know how long they will be running the emergency contracts for?

In the recent Centro tender changes didn't Diamond win some new routes but lost more existing work than they gained, therefore there should be spare buses knocking around

PM

Quote from: Winston on November 04, 2013, 11:32:14 PM

In the recent Centro tender changes didn't Diamond win some new routes but lost more existing work than they gained, therefore there should be spare buses knocking around

But it seems overall that 4 buses have been lost from long acre. Though don't know how many actual buses work the VIP stuff will be as some like the 99 is evening and night stuff so say tividale could run that using 002 centros or something else cheaper thats free so that doesnt really count as I'm sure diamond have plenty of buses floating about on evenings and sundays. Daytime work could be more of a squeeze though.

PM

Following on from Nitromatt's post in the bugs and errors thread, what is 30929 like to ride on as someone told me it was horrid so intrigued to hear if thats true or not. Think it was VOR a while though but guess it makes sense to have it there as a euro compliant bus

Matt.N0056

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 04, 2013, 11:34:30 PM

But it seems overall that 4 buses have been lost from long acre. Though don't know how many actual buses work the VIP stuff will be as some like the 99 is evening and night stuff so say tividale could run that using 002 centros or something else cheaper thats free so that doesnt really count as I'm sure diamond have plenty of buses floating about on evenings and sundays. Daytime work could be more of a squeeze though.

Isn't the daytime just 424/650 i.e 3 buses work? So shouldn't be too much of a squeeze

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 04, 2013, 11:34:30 PM

I think the 2 daytime VIP tenders won by Diamond are the 424 & 650, these are both hourly services and appear to require 2 buses & 1 bus respectively

PM

Oh right, maybe I overestimated a bit then. Guess daytime stuff is going to be all long acre then for certain and 3 buses isn't stretching it too much. I wonder if tividale will run the 99 at night/sundays as the 99 goes fairly close to both depots and doesn't tividale currently run more nighttime services

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 04, 2013, 11:35:44 PM
Following on from Nitromatt's post in the bugs and errors thread, what is 30929 like to ride on as someone told me it was horrid so intrigued to hear if thats true or not. Think it was VOR a while though but guess it makes sense to have it there as a euro compliant bus

Nothing wrong with it at all, felt quite fast and sounded fine

Nathan4775

Two 119's left sutton just 30923 was one an a Dart, both displaying 119  thought it was ran using 1 bus
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 05, 2013, 07:49:56 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 04, 2013, 11:35:44 PM

Nothing wrong with it at all, felt quite fast and sounded fine

That's good-must try and get a ride on that one

Lukeee

Quote from: Nathan4775 on November 04, 2013, 06:10:35 PM
Anyone know were the 108 peaks come from? Or are they from the garage

Think one may come from the 600 on the evening.

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 04, 2013, 11:45:08 PM
Oh right, maybe I overestimated a bit then. Guess daytime stuff is going to be all long acre then for certain and 3 buses isn't stretching it too much. I wonder if tividale will run the 99 at night/sundays as the 99 goes fairly close to both depots and doesn't tividale currently run more nighttime services

Thinking logically, some of the Diamond Routes thin out in the evening or stop operating.  The 99 would suit a Dart or Solo so probably a couple of buses on the 16 or 50 of an evening could terminate in town then do the diagrams from city rather than trundling back to Long Acre (assumng there is enough fuel in the tank).

Sunday Diamond have plenty of buses spare so I think there will enough to meet the additional commitments.

Martin

T418MNH (30445) in kiddy on the 292 to Ludlow.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk