News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

20366 is up from Wessex now. It was on the 226 earlier

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 26, 2013, 06:19:37 PM
20366 is up from Wessex now. It was on the 226 earlier

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/10494648663/

How come some Diamond buses are programmed with just the number on the display as seen here, and not as normal with the destination and via points

Trident 4609

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Good to see that they are making use of some of the most expensive assets at tividale-this used to be the case with 002 centros on other routes on sundays but think diamond have realised these buses are very hardworked on the 002. I would still like to see a sunday/evening service though

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 27, 2013, 04:49:36 PM
Good to see that they are making use of some of the most expensive assets at tividale-this used to be the case with 002 centros on other routes on sundays but think diamond have realised these buses are very hardworked on the 002. I would still like to see a sunday/evening service though

I certainly would like an evening/Sunday service on the 002. However, in my opinion the more important section of the route is the unique link it provides between Halesowen and south Birmingham. I would operate it half hourly between Weoley Castle and Halesowen with every other journey i.e. hourly continuing to Merry Hill.

John

A plain white Primo (maybe 20812) seemed to be route training drivers for the 16 today. Not in service, had about 6 drivers in hi-viz's on it, went the 16 route from The Priory Queensway where I first saw it, down to the markets and back up The Priory Queensway again

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 27, 2013, 07:53:26 PM

I certainly would like an evening/Sunday service on the 002. However, in my opinion the more important section of the route is the unique link it provides between Halesowen and south Birmingham. I would operate it half hourly between Weoley Castle and Halesowen with every other journey i.e. hourly continuing to Merry Hill.

I'd discuss it with centro if i was in charge of diamond and see if they could fund an initial trial of every 15 mins on the whole route as splitting it up with different frequencies gets rid of the most important thing in buses for me:simplicity!!

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 27, 2013, 08:27:19 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 27, 2013, 07:53:26 PM

I'd discuss it with centro if i was in charge of diamond and see if they could fund an initial trial of every 15 mins on the whole route as splitting it up with different frequencies gets rid of the most important thing in buses for me:simplicity!!

I'd have thought that a half hourly evening & Sunday daytime frequency would be more realistic for starters.....

Trident 4609

Yes i would think a Half Hourly Service would be fine for the 002 on a Sunday

winston

Quote from: Trident 4609 on October 27, 2013, 12:37:57 PM
30942 on the 205 today

I also that, the next 205 was an ex Yourbus MPD, I think it was 20855 LG02FFH

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on October 27, 2013, 09:20:57 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on October 27, 2013, 12:37:57 PM
30942 on the 205 today

I also that, the next 205 was an ex Yourbus MPD, I think it was 20855 LG02FFH

Saw it leaving Dudley about 11:50-11:55 going towards Wall Heath

PM

Quote from: John on October 27, 2013, 08:00:45 PM
A plain white Primo (maybe 20812) seemed to be route training drivers for the 16 today. Not in service, had about 6 drivers in hi-viz's on it, went the 16 route from The Priory Queensway where I first saw it, down to the markets and back up The Priory Queensway again

It seems to me that long acre has a very high driver turnover as opposed to tividale, many of the drivers there have been there for many years at BCC or Petes or joined gwm. Long Acre often seem to be route training new drivers...

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 27, 2013, 09:26:56 PM

It seems to me that long acre has a very high driver turnover as opposed to tividale, many of the drivers there have been there for many years at BCC or Petes or joined gwm. Long Acre often seem to be route training new drivers...

Long Acre is the operations that has shrunk the most with contract losses / commercial service withdrawals etc. Plus drivers finding out that Long Acre depot is for sale may not help either.

PM

Quote from: Winston on October 27, 2013, 09:31:12 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 27, 2013, 09:26:56 PM

Long Acre is the operations that has shrunk the most with contract losses / commercial service withdrawals etc. Plus drivers finding out that Long Acre depot is for sale may not help either.

Exactly-guess morale can hardly be running very highly there. Though the signature drivers are a friendly, regular bunch. I would shut long acre as soon as possible and get overheads down. Offices to tividale, routes split between redditch and tividale.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk