News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: bewminster on October 13, 2013, 12:28:08 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 13, 2013, 11:38:48 AM
I do wonder what will change, diamond say they will be exciting though I wonder how much scope for improving services there really is in kidderminster. Redditch, yes there seems to be massive scope for improving services as it is a busy area, but kidderminster seems a lot quieter. Would have thought redditch was a small profit maker under first and kidderminster the loss making area. The challenge for diamond in redditch is bringing up fares to a sensible level after 5/6 years of unsustainably low fares. It will have to be a gradual thing
there has been a rise in people using  buses since diamond took over in the Kidderminster area , and I think if some routes that where join together where spilt again   .and services finshed at little later   say around 7pm instead of bettween 5.30 & 6.30 pm   would be better and  better link to other places. would get even more .  and a very limited sunday service.

I agree-though has there really been a rise in people using buses there since diamond took over?

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 13, 2013, 03:38:26 PM
I do wonder what will change, diamond say they will be exciting though I wonder how much scope for improving services there really is in kidderminster. Redditch, yes there seems to be massive scope for improving services as it is a busy area, but kidderminster seems a lot quieter. Would have thought redditch was a small profit maker under first and kidderminster the loss making area. The challenge for diamond in redditch is bringing up fares to a sensible level after 5/6 years of unsustainably low fares. It will have to be a gradual thing
there has been a rise in people using  buses since diamond took over in the Kidderminster area , and I think if some routes that where join together where spilt again   .and services finshed at little later   say around 7pm instead of bettween 5.30 & 6.30 pm   would be better and  better link to other places. would get even more .  and a very limited sunday service.

I agree-though has there really been a rise in people using buses there since diamond took over?

In Kidderminster, almost certainly yes.

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on October 13, 2013, 09:46:13 PM

What's changed since the Diamond takeover other than name, livery & full low floor fleet?

Were people that anti First?

Cedric

sam it certainly  has  and   on the  buses are about half  to  full  depending on type of vehicle  and  time of day     
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on October 13, 2013, 09:55:18 PM

What's changed since the Diamond takeover other than name, livery & full low floor fleet?

more reliable services and they turn up on time 99.9% of the time the bus are cleaner and in answer to your last question YES   it was them  that  ran the bus service down in the area

diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bewminster on October 13, 2013, 10:15:54 PM

more reliable services and they turn up on time 99.9% of the time the bus are cleaner and in answer to your last question YES   it was them  that  ran the bus service down in the area

Thanks for that Bewmister, sounds as though Diamond also have scope to grow the KR business & allocation. They still seem to be having problems in Redditch judging by FB comments

StourportSam

Quote from: Winston on October 13, 2013, 10:18:13 PM

Thanks for that Bewmister, sounds as though Diamond also have scope to grow the KR business & allocation. They still seem to be having problems in Redditch judging by FB comments

The operation in Kidderminster definitely seems more 'slick' since Diamond took over, replacement of all the step entry lances has helped I think, as has the rebranding.

Facebook comments: I haven't seen them so can't comment accurately but will say that Facebook and twitter often attract 'mad rant' types and people who like moaning! There is often a negative imbalance on the Facebook comments of even the most reputable companies. Personally, I think Diamond and Rotala as a whole seems a good business with good values for running a bus service.

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on October 13, 2013, 10:55:19 PM

The operation in Kidderminster definitely seems more 'slick' since Diamond took over, replacement of all the step entry lances has helped I think, as has the rebranding.

Facebook comments: I haven't seen them so can't comment accurately but will say that Facebook and twitter often attract 'mad rant' types and people who like moaning! There is often a negative imbalance on the Facebook comments of even the most reputable companies. Personally, I think Diamond and Rotala as a whole seems a good business with good values for running a bus service.

Fair point!

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on October 13, 2013, 10:55:19 PM

Thats good news and glad to hear it as the operation in kidderminster seems to have quietly improved in my eyes since diamond took over-certainly it hasnt witnessed the complaints that redditch has and the quality there is massively higher than under first and continues to improve and I hope will do further with the network review

nitromatt1

Noticed today W767 URP has had a fleetnumber change, it has 20867 (I think) on the outside but still 20506 in the inside of the cab

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 18, 2013, 11:03:59 PM
Noticed today W767 URP has had a fleetnumber change, it has 20867 (I think) on the outside but still 20506 in the inside of the cab

That seems a strange renumbering-nothing seems to precede it. I would have thought it would have become 20857 or even 20856 as that will ultimately be sold I imagine. To be fair, it would make sense to renumber a lot of rotala buses so as MPDs and solos are all in one series etc.

nitromatt1

At least 2 unbranded Centros on the 002 today

the trainbasher

30828 is one of them

Also 30439 is on the 4H just about to leave Halesowen for Walsall

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 26, 2013, 12:05:29 PM
30828 is one of them

Also 30439 is on the 4H just about to leave Halesowen for Walsall

30439 is pretty much always on the 4 or 40/42/43.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk