News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 21, 2013, 12:11:59 PM
30828 on 002 today every seat taken heading out of Bartley Green towards Merry Hill (including luggage rack!) with up to 10 standees, at least 50 people on board in total. Surely this reinforces the need for double deckers for the 002!

Diamond dont have any double deckers ?

But remeber its a Saturday so more people are going to want to get out and about before heading back to work Monday, as Monday - Friday loadings cannot be that high to require doubles ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

PM

Quote from: Nathan4775 on September 21, 2013, 04:27:28 PM
30828 on 002 today every seat taken heading out of Bartley Green towards Merry Hill (including luggage rack!) with up to 10 standees, at least 50 people on board in total. Surely this reinforces the need for double deckers for the 002!

But remeber its a Saturday so more people are going to want to get out and about before heading back to work Monday, as Monday - Friday loadings cannot be that high to require doubles ?

Theyve got some ex preston tridents at redditch and the ex first ones until they go but yeah that is true-the trick is to provide capacity for this and the peaks without having too much surplus capacity between the peaks. In fairness first in redditch got this right with the enviros....

nitromatt1

Read my post again Nathan, I didn't say they did ;)

And incorrect, standing loads aren't common but almost every 002 gets packed especially towards Merry Hill Mon-Fri as well.

Nathan4775

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 21, 2013, 05:20:53 PM

And incorrect, standing loads aren't common but almost every 002 gets packed especially towards Merry Hill Mon-Fri as well.

Apologies your right you didnt say they had DD's  :) sorry

Around what time does it get packed and were about from, as Ive rode the 002 route from Weoley Castle - M'Hill and not known it to be full to the brim, known some of the return journeys leaving MerryH to be full
My Flickr;

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan4775 on September 21, 2013, 05:30:48 PM

Around what time does it get packed and were about from, as Ive rode the 002 route from Weoley Castle - M'Hill and not known it to be full to the brim, known some of the return journeys leaving MerryH to be full

I live on the route, I generally see more 002s going towards Merry Hill full but it depends entirely on the time of day. In all honesty, any journey can get packed, and putting an MPD on there is asking for trouble. Then, you have all the schoolkids getting on Mon-Fri at the start/end of school...

There is no reason why the 002 cannot have deckers and I really think Rotala should look at sourcing some for a double deck conversion of the 002.

What routes are the Tridents at Redditch used on? Do these routes require deckers? Just an idea but the 002 Centros could be debranded and transferred to Redditch in return for 6 of their deckers.

One further question, looking at the fleetlist, is 42565 the Citybus still used in service? On what route?

Nathan4775

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 21, 2013, 05:43:18 PM

I live on the route, I generally see more 002s going towards Merry Hill full but it depends entirely on the time of day. In all honesty, any journey can get packed, and putting an MPD on there is asking for trouble. Then, you have all the schoolkids getting on Mon-Fri at the start/end of school...

There is no reason why the 002 cannot have deckers and I really think Rotala should look at sourcing some for a double deck conversion of the 002.

What routes are the Tridents at Redditch used on? Do these routes require deckers? Just an idea but the 002 Centros could be debranded and transferred to Redditch in return for 6 of their deckers.

One further question, looking at the fleetlist, is 42565 the Citybus still used in service? On what route?

Monday Im hopefully out in Merry Hill/Dudley/S'Bridge so will keep my eyes open on the loadings of the 002,

In that case then, I feel the 56 should use 1/2 doubles at Peak times only both AM & PM, as there loadings can be pretty packed around that time ? 
My Flickr;

PM

I just don't see the 002 as needing any more capacity than it currently has. Ive never seen anyone left behind, like with NXWM, and deckers on there would be awful as they would be old and knackered as opposed to centros and people would rather see an increased frequency say 002Es between halesowen and merry hill than deckers causing vandalism. Plus, a lot of those who use the 002 are OAPs and they would hate double deckers

The tridents at redditch-5 of them now-are used on the matchborough circulars which need double deckers far far more than the 002 I can assure you. The citybuses are all withdrawn and Simon mentioned they had been sold to willenhall commericals-dont know if they have left the fleet yet though. Still saw one ex first trident and dart around when I visited redditch this week.
As Simon has mentioned though the first tridents are soon to go.

When the citybuses were operated by diamond, your best bet was the 143 though I did 3 full 58's on one in July... :)

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 21, 2013, 05:50:06 PM
The

I just don't see the 002 as needing any more capacity than it currently has. Ive never seen anyone left behind, like with NXWM, and deckers on there would be awful as they would be old and knackered as opposed to centros and people would rather see an increased frequency say 002Es between halesowen and merry hill than deckers causing vandalism. Plus, a lot of those who use the 002 are OAPs and they would hate double deckers

The tridents at redditch-5 of them now-are used on the matchborough circulars which need double deckers far far more than the 002 I can assure you. The citybuses are all withdrawn and Simon mentioned they had been sold to willenhall commericals-dont know if they have left the fleet yet though. Still saw one ex first trident and dart around when I visited redditch this week.

When the citybuses were operated by diamond, your best bet was the 143 though I did 3 full 58's on one in July... :)

I think the current 002 should have it's frequency increased to every 12 mins/5 bph still with single deckers, hours of operation extended to suit Merry Hill opening hours & a Sunday daytime service added.

PM

Quote from: Winston on September 21, 2013, 06:00:32 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on September 21, 2013, 05:50:06 PM
The

I think the current 002 should have it's frequency increased to every 12 mins/5 bph still with single deckers, hours of operation extended to suit Merry Hill opening hours & a Sunday daytime service added.

Thats a sensible idea-sunday service every 30 minutes-then you could use just 4 buses though with the loss of some routes on a sunday, a sunday service on this and the 4 would keep a few drivers and buses busy

winston

P403MLA at its new home in service, still carrying Diamond fleetnames

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicksbuscoach/9859298166/

Trident 4609

Tony

I was stood in Witton today with my camera facing one way waiting to take a picture of a Ring & Ride, when it got blocked by a white unregistered StreetLite that sneeked up behind me. Is this a Rotala one?

Nathan4775

has 20855 recived Diamond Logos now ?

also why is 30825 the only Centro all in black ?
My Flickr;

trident4370

If anyone knows which Euro 3 MPD is on the 50 today, I'd be very grateful for an ID, filmed it but forgot to take the reg!

PM

Quote from: Nathan4775 on September 27, 2013, 02:26:18 PM
has 20855 recived Diamond Logos now ?

also why is 30825 the only Centro all in black ?

Yep it has. And think there may be more than one centro that is unbranded with no logos. Not sure of the reason why though-guess its in preparation for DIAMOND logos to be applied

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk