News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I think diamond should get some double deckers

Quote from: Peter123 on May 17, 2012, 09:25:21 PM
Glad you agree and I think these Claribel's Buses would be a good buy tho at the right price....

Ash

I dont think any diamond services would benefit from double deckers but at the moment the buses they do have need the correct allocation for their services, solos on the 16,50,301 and 404E are not ideal and very unreliable

winston

Quote from: D10 on May 24, 2012, 09:38:39 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on May 24, 2012, 08:11:32 PM
Saw one of the ex Newport buses yesterday refurbished rather nicely on the 82A. The interior looks very good although this is bound to change very quickly!

I may have missed an earlier post, so sorry if this has already been commentde on, but what vehicles have come from Newport?

D10,

All the ex Newport acquisitions are listed at the bottom of the main page under Rotala Group fleetchanges April

Tony

Quote from: winston on May 25, 2012, 12:30:26 AM
Quote from: D10 on May 24, 2012, 09:38:39 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on May 24, 2012, 08:11:32 PM
Saw one of the ex Newport buses yesterday refurbished rather nicely on the 82A. The interior looks very good although this is bound to change very quickly!

I may have missed an earlier post, so sorry if this has already been commentde on, but what vehicles have come from Newport?

D10,

Another was out on the 108 yesterday evening

All the ex Newport acquisitions are listed at the bottom of the main page under Rotala Group fleetchanges April

D10

Thanks for your replies, solos then it is! I have always associated Newport with Scania so I forgot about their Solos.

Liberator9

Well, Blue Diamond are reaching new heights! Caught the S2 home today, at 4:20, and the S2A from 4:00 came. Of course I got on it and would you believe it was Touchwood Connect Plaxton. It was in a bad state I can say, struggling to get over 30mph and up any inclines and the interior had those awful Urban 90 seats. I really think the S2 and S3 get the worse now but at least a Mercedes Citaro has been on over the last few weeks and I must say they are the best buses to this day.

considering the reliability problems that the S2 has (so I've heard), having to ride a dart sounds like a kick in the teeth  ::)

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 25, 2012, 09:01:03 PM
Well, Blue Diamond are reaching new heights! Caught the S2 home today, at 4:20, and the S2A from 4:00 came. Of course I got on it and would you believe it was Touchwood Connect Plaxton. It was in a bad state I can say, struggling to get over 30mph and up any inclines and the interior had those awful Urban 90 seats. I really think the S2 and S3 get the worse now but at least a Mercedes Citaro has been on over the last few weeks and I must say they are the best buses to this day.

Liberator9

Well, okay, it wasn't too bad. I personally believe the Signature buses (Solos SRs e.g) will get moved off when the new emissions come in. Blue Diamond are going to need to shift those older Darts out of Brum and replace them. Really I would rather get rid of the Solos and have the darts! Much more lively.

Discodave

Quote from: D10 on March 31, 2012, 09:48:05 PM
If you are having a problem with a route that is a Centro contract, then you really should complain to Centro. I am sure they would be very interested to hear any concerns on any routes that they are paying for.

I agree a bus should be reliable but you should also consider running time as most tendered routes have an impossible running time the old 562 was one at petes if you kept at the speed limit you were guaranteed to lose a trip new cross hospital was the main culprit 10 mph on grounds I do not endorse speeding in any way It was reported to centro and nothing ever was done even was surveyed many times,  try asking them to try timing the route properly

Liberator9

I agree; the running times are impractical. It is meant to take one minute to get from Solihull Station Road to St Alphage. That can never be done in a minute, even in a car due to the traffic lights

I hope the signature buses are used in birmingham, it means the 89 will have signature buses on evenings  :). I don't know. I'd rather have Solos than clapped out darts

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 26, 2012, 08:12:49 PM
Well, okay, it wasn't too bad. I personally believe the Signature buses (Solos SRs e.g) will get moved off when the new emissions come in. Blue Diamond are going to need to shift those older Darts out of Brum and replace them. Really I would rather get rid of the Solos and have the darts! Much more lively.

Liberator9

It wouldn't surprise me if the Signatures got moved up as I don't think Blue Diamond are going to be able to get enough compliant buses in time.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 27, 2012, 07:36:16 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if the Signatures got moved up as I don't think Blue Diamond are going to be able to get enough compliant buses in time.

Not taking any Signature vehicle into account, Blue Diamond have enough Euro 3 Buses either allocated or destined for Long Acre for their needs + spares.

What buses are euro 3 complaint that they have? Apart from the MCVs

Quote from: NEL111P on May 27, 2012, 08:26:47 AM

Not taking any Signature vehicle into account, Blue Diamond have enough Euro 3 Buses either allocated or destined for Long Acre for their needs + spares.

Tony

Quote from: 4504 on May 27, 2012, 09:29:01 PM
What buses are euro 3 complaint that they have? Apart from the MCVs

Quote from: NEL111P on May 27, 2012, 08:26:47 AM

All the Solos, including those just acquired from Newport, and all the darts with new style xx NN xxx style registrations for a start

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk