News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Ash on September 06, 2013, 06:18:08 PM
Did you get a diamond network ticket so that you could ride the different diamond services in the different areas. Also what was your journey I'm guessing the 4H to Halesowen then the 202?.

Yeah £6 ticket-brilliant day out. Set out and got the first 002 to halesowen and then the 202 to bromsgrove. Then the X3 to kidderminster-was planning to photo some stuff but couldnt because of the horrid rain all morning. So did some kidderminster locals, worcester and back then from kidderminster to stourport and then stourport over to redditch on the X3. Then did the 57/58/51/55-incidentally diamond had a revenue inspector on the redditch routes today-bit awkward as I saw him 3 times on totally different routes  :P-then I got the 143 to bromsgrove and then the 202 back to halesowen, where a 4H to walsall just happened to be calling in and it was a cadet I hadnt been on so got that to blackheath then got off there where I got V377SVV back to halesowen and then the 002. To be honest, I would recommend a day out with the diamond network ticket as for all these journies its a complete bargain-was planning to go to evesham but didnt have time for that unfortunately. Still a good day out

Ash

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 06, 2013, 06:35:08 PM
Did you get a diamond network ticket so that you could ride the different diamond services in the different areas. Also what was your journey I'm guessing the 4H to Halesowen then the 202?.

Yeah £6 ticket-brilliant day out. Set out and got the first 002 to halesowen and then the 202 to bromsgrove. Then the X3 to kidderminster-was planning to photo some stuff but couldnt because of the horrid rain all morning. So did some kidderminster locals, worcester and back then from kidderminster to stourport and then stourport over to redditch on the X3. Then did the 57/58/51/55-incidentally diamond had a revenue inspector on the redditch routes today-bit awkward as I saw him 3 times on totally different routes  :P-then I got the 143 to bromsgrove and then the 202 back to halesowen, where a 4H to walsall just happened to be calling in and it was a cadet I hadnt been on so got that to blackheath then got off there where I got V377SVV back to halesowen and then the 002. To be honest, I would recommend a day out with the diamond network ticket as for all these journies its a complete bargain-was planning to go to evesham but didnt have time for that unfortunately. Still a good day out

Seems a good day out, I'm surprised the driver on the 002 wondered what you was talking about when you asked for the £6 diamond network day ticket. What service did you get from Bromesgrove to Kidderminster. Also it says the this network ticket cannot be purchased on the 202 on their website I wonder why.

nitromatt1

I live on the 002 route as well! Are you my neighbour? ;D

PM

Quote from: Ash on September 06, 2013, 06:45:09 PM

Seems a good day out, I'm surprised the driver on the 002 wondered what you was talking about when you asked for the £6 diamond network day ticket. What service did you get from Bromesgrove to Kidderminster. Also it says the this network ticket cannot be purchased on the 202 on their website I wonder why.

Yeah no one knows what that ticket is-the 002 driver went through every menu and sub menu just to get to it and for some reason the 202 doesnt sell it?? But sells some sort of similar ticket at £6.60-perhaps Simon could explain because I really don't understand. Bromsgrove to kidderminster is the X3-weirdly whether its my good luck or what but I hadnt looked at any timetables beforehand but only waited 10 mins in halesowen for 202 and then about 10 for the X3 so pretty good luck there-waited about 20 mins for the 202 coming back but still it was the same nice cheerful driver so not really fussed about that. Had a look around bromsgrove anyway where Id never been before

Ash

How were the loadings on the services you caught I would imagine most were quite well used.

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 06, 2013, 06:50:12 PM

Nope lol used to live in halesowen off manor lane-county park avenue? If you know where that is but now I dont live in weoley castle lol but its my fastest route across to the black country-plus its diamond :) Tbh living in halesowen was great-used to like standing by the green metal fence on the sharp turn in manor lane by county park avenue and watching bcc 9s and ludlows buses. South birmingham and bournville is pretty boring bus wise

Trident 4609

Manor Lane is less than 10 minutes away from Matts! :)

PM

Quote from: Ash on September 06, 2013, 06:58:46 PM
How were the loadings on the services you caught I would imagine most were quite well used.

First 002 theres always a few people on that buying returns etc and the 202 is busy first thing-about 25-30 school pupils to various schools getting it-probably because it is way way cheaper than getting green bus to five ways etc.

X3-6 people-I was the only person under about 65-some were paying the £1 twirlybird fare which seems quite popular

Kidderminster locals and worcester routes its a steady amount of people but cant be bringing in masses of money to be honest

3 was steady and X3 bit over to redditch was busier this time than before-about 15 people at one time though some cash payers mostly oap's

Redditch routes were all fairly busy other than the 55-a lot quieter than I would have expected-down to just 3 people at one time including me

143 steady and a pretty full solo-though why you'd put a solo on there....

202 this time about 6-7 people-couple of cash payers, mostly oaps

4H to blackheath-7 passengers roughly at any one time until we got to the bit of halesowen near a school where only the diamond one goes-behind the travelodge roughly where the cadet became rammed with kids all paying £1 cash fares so that must have boosted the shift total-tbh b7rles could be useful on this board

4H back-a lot busier as an average about 17+ people at any one time

And 002 was as usual really-pretty busy and it was 30806 so a bonus for me as its the best 002 centro in my view :)

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 06, 2013, 07:04:32 PM

Nope lol used to live in halesowen off manor lane-county park avenue? If you know where that is but now I dont live in weoley castle lol but its my fastest route across to the black country-plus its diamond :) Tbh living in halesowen was great-used to like standing by the green metal fence on the sharp turn in manor lane by county park avenue and watching bcc 9s and ludlows buses. South birmingham and bournville is pretty boring bus wise

County Park Avenue is on my estate, Abbeyfields :) your bus stop would've been the one after mine!

nitromatt1

Does anyone know if the 140 interworks with anything on a Sunday morning, or does it just sit for over half an hour at Dudley?

PM

Highlight was the ex petes darts on the 55 and X3-heating on full blast which was nice though the handrails need doing something with-basically yourbus tried to paint them a sort of pink/purple not realising that those handrails had been specially dip painted so you're not meant to paint them so all the pinky purple is peeling off. They rattle a lot lot less than 20849 though but the worst rides were a damp condensed ex first president and the MAN/centros were cold as well-weird as last time I caught them when it was roasting hot, the heaters were on full blast??!!

The ex first darts didnt seem to be heated and I had to move from sitting over the rear wheelarch as theyve got this weird ventilation system which means that cool air comes in from outside even when the windows are closed. But obviously the solos were the worst bit-hate these buses and on the 143 as well??!! The royales are nice but could do with a tidy up both internally and externally as could the red diamond eclipses. The "new" enviros were nice and smart as well and enjoyed a ride on these-a good buy in my view.

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 06, 2013, 07:13:59 PM

Country Park Avenue is on my estate, Abbeyfields :) your bus stop would've been the one after mine!

Yeah thats what its called couldnt think of the word so thanks for reminding me and yeah it would've been the next stop. Tbh halesowen is one of the best places to live if you like buses as youve got so much variety-theres central, diamond, nice natex buses on the 9 and until recently b6s and for the near future mercs as well plus whittles and hansons as well so lots of choice whereas all I get is an endless sea of natex's cast offs.

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 06, 2013, 07:21:34 PM

Country Park Avenue is on my estate, Abbeyfields :) your bus stop would've been the one after mine!

Yeah thats what its called couldnt think of the word so thanks for reminding me and yeah it would've been the next stop. Tbh halesowen is one of the best places to live if you like buses as youve got so much variety-theres central, diamond, nice natex buses on the 9 and until recently b6s and for the near future mercs as well plus whittles and hansons as well so lots of choice whereas all I get is an endless sea of natex's cast offs.

Plus Arriva on the 217 and 142 evenings/Sundays, and WMSNT on the 297 evenings. Got VIP on the 99 as well, not that we want them ;) you're right, Halesowen has such a huge variety and tbh I wouldn't want to live anywhere else

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 06, 2013, 07:25:06 PM

Plus Arriva on the 217 and 142 evenings/Sundays, and WMSNT on the 297 evenings. Got VIP on the 99 as well, not that we want them ;) you're right, Halesowen has such a huge variety and tbh I wouldn't want to live anywhere else

Was just about to say I forgot about VIP. How could we lol everyone loves vip and I dont think we'll have to put up with them for long to be honest. I say that hopefully. The 99 cant be making much money for natex let alone vip. Yeah variety and some good buses round there as well-thats why I always pop over to black country/worcestershire as I miss not being able to catch the 64/144 by diamond home every day. Tbh I even enjoy catching the natex buses over there as they just seem nicer than in birmingham-09 enviros are great on a 9 thats running a bit late and must admit I quite like the mercs which are a bit different too-tho they are starting to look a bit old and they lean a lot

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 06, 2013, 07:34:52 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 06, 2013, 07:25:06 PM

Was just about to say I forgot about VIP. How could we lol everyone loves vip and I dont think we'll have to put up with them for long to be honest. I say that hopefully. The 99 cant be making much money for natex let alone vip. Yeah variety and some good buses round there as well-thats why I always pop over to black country/worcestershire as I miss not being able to catch the 64/144 by diamond home every day. Tbh I even enjoy catching the natex buses over there as they just seem nicer than in birmingham-09 enviros are great on a 9 thats running a bit late and must admit I quite like the mercs which are a bit different too-tho they are starting to look a bit old and they lean a lot

Yes for me nothing beats a thrashing 09-plate Enviro, which I get almost daily! Lots of fast drivers at Pensnett. Like you said, the vehicles around here are generally better from an enthusiast's point of view, really miss the B6s on the 244 though, but Mercs are the next best thing. The one good thing Birmingham (in particular YW) does have over us is the B10L, want these back. Also up in Wolves you have the Spectras which is a contender for my favourite bus of all time (alongside Metrobuses, Citybuses and Tridents)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk