News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 04, 2013, 08:17:38 PM
V377SVV broken down today by new square west brom-didnt like the heat at all-bonnet up but driver absolutely nowhere to be seen??   :P

What time was this?

Also there is a new offer for service 50 which is 2 journeys for £2 seen in the advert for it on the 07 centro that was on there today.

PM

Quote from: Ash on September 04, 2013, 10:18:47 PM
V377SVV broken down today by new square west brom-didnt like the heat at all-bonnet up but driver absolutely nowhere to be seen??   :P

What time was this?

Also there is a new offer for service 50 which is 2 journeys for £2 seen in the advert for it on the 07 centro that was on there today.

Dont get this new offer-btw posters are in the wrong place for people to see. But a return is still 2.50 so why do people still buy this when they can get the 2 trips for £2. Sorry not sure about the time-think it was roughly between 1 and 2 but couldnt be sure. Sorry

Ash

When I saw V377SVV it was around 11pm at Astle Park with VOR which the driver changed to the 40 service. I haven't saw many pointer darts on the 4 recently apart from 30439 and 20849 seems to be quite a few cadets on there notably 30202/11/14 seem to be on the 4 nearly every day of the last week or so. The 50 2x£2 trip offer is a bit confusing the difference is I would think you can use it on two different days unlike a day return so I agree it basically replaced the day return also the posters only seem to be on a few buses which have to stay on the 50 to get it publicised. 

PM

Quote from: Ash on September 05, 2013, 07:27:11 PM
When I saw V377SVV it was around 11pm at Astle Park with VOR which the driver changed to the 40 service. I haven't saw many pointer darts on the 4 recently apart from 30439 and 20849 seems to be quite a few cadets on there notably 30202/11/14 seem to be on the 4 nearly every day of the last week or so. The 50 2x£2 trip offer is a bit confusing the difference is I would think you can use it on two different days unlike a day return so I agree it basically replaced the day return also the posters only seem to be on a few buses which have to stay on the 50 to get it publicised.

The SVVs and HVVs arent great so surprised VGX's have been withdrawn in preference and yeah it is confusing though a fairly good effort-the 50 and 16 seemed to be doing ok today by my observations. One 16 was the first after a 10 minute gap with 2 national express's behind mostly empty and the diamond one with about 20+ on which is nice to see

Ash

Yeah I saw 2 solo's on the 16 yesterday 1 behind each other with the first one nearly full but the one behind empty which is to be expected. If any new buses do come to Tividale I think it would be a good idea to transfer all of the cadets that meet the emission ruling to Long Acre for use on services 16 and 50 which will up the current capacity as well as one vehicle type being used instead of a mixed match which then would allow some of the centro's and the enviro 200 to return to Tividale and some of the solo's to replace the S/T/V/W/X reg mpd darts of which some are in the red diamond livery.

PM

Quote from: Ash on September 05, 2013, 07:51:33 PM
Yeah I saw 2 solo's on the 16 yesterday 1 behind each other with the first one nearly full but the one behind empty which is to be expected. If any new buses do come to Tividale I think it would be a good idea to transfer all of the cadets that meet the emission ruling to Long Acre for use on services 16 and 50 which will up the current capacity as well as one vehicle type being used instead of a mixed match which then would allow some of the centro's and the enviro 200 to return to Tividale and some of the solo's to replace the S/T/V/W/X reg mpd darts of which some are in the red diamond livery.

I actually think the routes have picked up-GRS's buses seem a lot more empty and I have heard rumours that maybe theyre not making much money there at all?? Yeah, the diamond fleets need standardising to be honest though they would first need a repaint as some of them were the first buses into black diamond livery and a lot are quite battered. The MAN centros could then go to redditch, volvo centros to wessex and some of their better darts-20274, 30905 which looks ok from the outside but rattles like mad from inside to go to tividale. Havent seen the evolution for a while either there-has that also been sold to new zealand. And anyone see any other diamond volvo centros at long acre other than BX07BRV today?

vinh1000

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 05, 2013, 08:04:23 PM

I actually think the routes have picked up-GRS's buses seem a lot more empty and I have heard rumours that maybe theyre not making much money there at all?? Yeah, the diamond fleets need standardising to be honest though they would first need a repaint as some of them were the first buses into black diamond livery and a lot are quite battered. The MAN centros could then go to redditch, volvo centros to wessex and some of their better darts-20274, 30905 which looks ok from the outside but rattles like mad from inside to go to tividale. Havent seen the evolution for a while either there-has that also been sold to new zealand. And anyone see any other diamond volvo centros at long acre other than BX07BRV today?
16 has picked up a hell of a lot
Most of the times all new-ish buses as opposed to a NXWM or GRS bus
Also note the particular morning journeys
NX dep 5:50 green lane gap til 6:30
Diamond  5:53/6:06/6:15/6:25

I find these journeys are often busy as use them to get to work
Regards
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

Quote from: vinh1000 on September 05, 2013, 09:17:39 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on September 05, 2013, 08:04:23 PM

16 has picked up a hell of a lot
Most of the times all new-ish buses as opposed to a NXWM or GRS bus
Also note the particular morning journeys
NX dep 5:50 green lane gap til 6:30
Diamond  5:53/6:06/6:15/6:25

I find these journeys are often busy as use them to get to work
Regards

Glad its not just me that thinks that. Maybe the penny has finally dropped at long acre to those drivers-bring in profit otherwise the depot will close and they will lose their jobs. I think diamond should up the fight even more on there with branding-something cheap would do, timetables on all buses, no mpds or solos on 16/50 as the MPD I saw today on the 16 was a bit full. They also seem to be trying to get ahead more though the 50 seems a bit hopeless-that route now has way too many buses on it with buses mostly empty to be honest. Must be costing all 4 operators on that route a lot I reckon.

Were these journeys the ones recently introduced by the way? Or did they run these before? Thanks

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 05, 2013, 09:25:21 PM
Glad its not just me that thinks that. Maybe the penny has finally dropped at long acre to those drivers-bring in profit otherwise the depot will close and they will lose their jobs.

Quite. More than enough has gone from LA already due to some Drivers pi$$ing about....

PM

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on September 05, 2013, 09:42:06 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on September 05, 2013, 09:25:21 PM
Glad its not just me that thinks that. Maybe the penny has finally dropped at long acre to those drivers-bring in profit otherwise the depot will close and they will lose their jobs.

Quite. More than enough has gone from LA already due to some Drivers pi$$ing about....

Out of interest, have you ever driven for diamond or connect? Just out of interest not in terms of being one of the crap drivers there who just sit behind

fleetline6477

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 05, 2013, 07:17:12 PM

Dont get this new offer-btw posters are in the wrong place for people to see. But a return is still 2.50 so why do people still buy this when they can get the 2 trips for £2. Sorry not sure about the time-think it was roughly between 1 and 2 but couldnt be sure. Sorry

A return ticket for £2.50 has to be used for both journeys on the same day whereas a £2 2 journey ticket can be used at any point. Drivers are now collecting return tickets and 2 journey tickets off passengers as they get on the bus with them.

PM

Quote from: fleetline6477 on September 05, 2013, 10:17:48 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on September 05, 2013, 07:17:12 PM

A return ticket for £2.50 has to be used for both journeys on the same day whereas a £2 2 journey ticket can be used at any point. Drivers are now collecting return tickets and 2 journey tickets off passengers as they get on the bus with them.

So why on earth would anyone buy the 2.50 return then??

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 05, 2013, 09:48:37 PM
Out of interest, have you ever driven for diamond or connect? Just out of interest not in terms of being one of the crap drivers there who just sit behind

No (but my Father & Uncle have driven @ TE)  ;)

PM

Quote from: Ash on September 05, 2013, 07:27:11 PM

Went on this again today-being thrashed on the 4H which was running a few minutes late. But no buzzers or breakdowns-back running fine. To be honest, these darts can run and run-the cadets, not so much

Ash

Did you get a diamond network ticket so that you could ride the different diamond services in the different areas. Also what was your journey I'm guessing the 4H to Halesowen then the 202?.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk